Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BST 5" Rear

apriliaforum Junkie forrestgimp's Avatar

It's happnin

Hi Chris

Our plan for any new wheels going forward is to make them on our new generic rear wheel system which we should finish testing within the next 4 6 weeks. This means that the rear wheel will use kits that will allow it to be moved between different bikes. We do not want to start a new wheel on the old system, we have the details for the 250 so it is on the plan to make it. I cannot give you a time scale at the moment but it was 3rd or 4th on the list to be used on the generic rear wheel.

Regards

Gary Turner
    BlackStone Tek
    Oh what wicked webs we weave when first we practice to deceive....
    Funnily enough that rhymes with STEVE.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Hell yeah they'd look good on a tard!

gimp, I assume if 10 RGV owners want them (they won't, but I can dream..), they'd make some RGV compatible hubs too? Might be worth finding out what the RS/RGV interchange process is, so even if they won't, and it's an easy conversion, maybe that would be another way to bolster numbers?
    RGV and RS wheel aren't even close. I put an RS wheel on my RGV and it took some machining and an offset counter sprocket. Gimp, thanks for making this happen as I'm definitely interested and yes, 5" for me too. So what's up with the front? Looks like others have asked the same question but no answer as of yet.

They have the measurements for front and rear. There is just a bit of testing to do . if you read Gary's email to me they are making a generic wheel with interchangable hubs, which certainly makes sense compared to manufacturing a wheel specifuc to a paricular model... I take from this that you could swap your Rs to an RGV if you had both sets of hubs.. don't know what the time-frame or even if they are considering RGV but it would make sense if they did.. still a lot arround.

Gimp

apriliaforum Member
    All good, I'll keep watching

apriliaforum newb
    I've already contacted one of the major BST retailers in the UK about a 5" rear for my RGV..... so i'd be interested in a set, for the RGV of course.

Hi to all

We have falling behind schedule on the generic rear wheel project, due to a number of reasons. We do apologise if this is inconvenient to you, however we are offering to manufacture one batch of wheels for the RS 250 before we continue with them on the generic rear wheel. If you are interested in a set of wheels, please reply to this email informing us of your order for one of these sets of wheels, or alternatively informs us if you would be willing to wait for the generic rear wheel to be completed. We have the following wheel sizes available for the rear wheel:

17" x 4.5"

17" x 5"

17" x 5.5"

17" x 5.75"

17" x 6"

The wheels will be manufactured according to the measurements done on a set of wheels from an Aprilia RS 250 MK2. If you would like the measurements to confirm if the wheels would be suitable for you bike, I can supply them to you.

Please forward this email onto RS 250 owners who would be interested in one of the sets, so that we can confirm the number of sets that is required.

We look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards

Damien Hawken

BlackStone Tek (Pty) Ltd

Engineering

Tel: +27 11 704-0026

Fax: +27 11 704-0031

Cell: +27 83 391 4022

Skype Name: damien_hawken84

www.blackstonetek.com

Is there a cost available for a RS mk2 set?

Guys if you read this it says they are doing a run especially for us... for price contact Damian as he will give you prices... we all bitched we didn't have a 5" now's the time to step up!!!

apriliaforum Member
    Anyone know if the rear Mk2 wheel is the same as Mk 1..?

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmatelot View Post
    Anyone know if the rear Mk2 wheel is the same as Mk 1..?
    Yes, it's the same!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Can anyone advise me please. For a race bike what would the ideal width size be to run a 180/55X17 Slick
    Thanks

I have a 5.5 thats up for sale.. that.d take a 180.....I think... PM me if interested

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Check the web site for the tyre specs, Dunlop, Mich's, Bridgestone and the other main stream company's will list the rim size suitable for their tyres. U may have to dig around a bit depending on the company, but I've always found it listed somewhere. For example, this is the bridgestone chart

http://www.bridgestone.com/products/...lax/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bones1999 View Post
    Can anyone advise me please. For a race bike what would the ideal width size be to run a 180/55X17 Slick
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Hell yeah they'd look good on a tard!

gimp, I assume if 10 RGV owners want them (they won't, but I can dream..), they'd make some RGV compatible hubs too? Might be worth finding out what the RS/RGV interchange process is, so even if they won't, and it's an easy conversion
    It's not easy but can be done, well on a metal wheel anyway, I've done it putting heavier RS250 wheels on an RGV (looked nice but they are heavy). However I have made approaches about both RGV and RS250 through a friend over the last few months to BST, not direct. Maybe even where the RS250 wheel originated from for measurement actually.

I was approached by AF1 to get on board with some wheels too so thought it was all in hand, but appears to have become more of a "group buy" thing.

I'll push on with the RGV wheels though. I need 2 sets so that's a start!

I wouldn't want to run wider than a 120/160 myself.

The Tuning Works
    Facebook page: like for special offers - https://www.facebook.com/TheTuningWorks

If I remember correctly AF1 were pushing a set of OZ racing rims... This had had input from many people, Chris41, Mathias to name a few.. It doesn't matter who's kicked the can along just that the can has arrived. Whether its a group buy or and idividual effort is still up in the air.... Who wants a set? this is the only way I can/BST can assertain whether a group buy is viable. I am guessing that It would take at least 10 firm orders on wheels to garner a discount considering this is a 1-off run. The wheels would be sourced through your local BST distributors after a discount/price has been set... far less messy that way.
    So if you want a set let's hear now. Otherwise don't whinge about the poor range of tyre choice on the RS250.

Gimp
    Last edited by forrestgimp; 04-07-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast