Thread: Murf's 2011 CCS Season Review

Murf's 2011 CCS Season Review

I finally got around to doing a write-up on my CCS season. For those interested, or looking to cure thier insomnia, please visit WisconsinSportbikes.net for the summary:
    http://www.wisconsinsportbikes.net/p...426#post189426
    Todd Murray
    CCS MidWest #99

PS I Love You Wedding Photo Storybooks / Moto Union - Ducati Milwaukee / Bell Helmets / Motorex

"Humility, in our sport, starts at the second step of the GP podium and works its way down. One hero at a time." - Peter Egan

apriliaforum expert Jet City Racer's Avatar
    As you proved this season, a finish is a win!

Great job.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

JET CITY RACING
    Faster than the speed of darkness!

www.facebook.com/jetcityracer

AFRP #1

Thanks to all my 2012 Sponsors for keeping the dream alive!

www.maximausa.com
    www.scorpionusa.com
    www.drippinwet.com
    www.rhinomoto.com
    www.spidergrips.com
    www.calcoastmotorsports.com

Thanks to Malik’s observations and coaching, I had an epiphany. Without going into boring detail, I effectively reinvented the way I rode the bike.

You can't just leave that out there with no explaination. Leave out the boring part.

congrats on a great season
    David

Aprilia
    RS 250
    Kaw 6R
    WERA 917 EX (how did that happen)

CWIRA
    KX500

apriliaforum expert RSVMIllenian's Avatar
    Nice write-up Murf, congrats on ur championship.
    Please visit my sponsor for your decal needs:
    https://www.facebook.com/popshadow/info
    http://www.popshadow.com/

Since Todd hasn't checked in
    time to speculate and have some fun with my pal.

I'm going with malik wanted his skirt back
    (not that I EVER want to see malik in a skirt)
    David

Aprilia
    RS 250
    Kaw 6R

CWIRA
    KX500

Nice write-up Murf, congrats on your championship man! Hopefully you are you defending yout title next year??

5-axis, that that the 250 you bought from me years ago still on the track?? Nice form in your avitar photo, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by billerzal View Post
    5-axis, that that the 250 you bought from me years ago still on the track?? Nice form in your avitar photo, bro.
    Yes, and it is still the most fun bike I have ridden. Your autograph on the rear wheel is just about worn off.

thanks
    T15 and T1 at barber I have pretty dialed in. I banged my elbow on the curb in 15 this year. ( the curb is pretty tall)
    David

Aprilia
    RS 250
    Kaw 6R

CWIRA
    KX500

Thanks everyone for reading my summary - and for your kind words!

Yes, I certianly do plan on defending my championship, on the Aprilia. I'm removing the engine for a refresh as I write this.

Dave - a little more detail:
    We (well, Malik) realized that I was putting too much focus on hard breaking and corner entry. If there is one thing I can do well on a motorbike, it's getting the bike slowed on the brakes. Anyhow, the epiphony came with the realization that I was braking too late, too hard, and packing the bike into corners, using too much trail braking, and scrubbing speed with a pushing front end.

The revised plan was to brake earlier, not quite as hard, and get of the brakes sooner. Give up a little pace on the brakes, to make it up with apex speed. It worked.

I've been setting the bike up for more and more trail, more front end feel, but in the end my goals were best acheived by altering my riding plan. Once that was sorted out, I had the confidence to hang off the bike more, steer with the throttle a bit... etc. - all the stuff I'd been trying to do, but lacked the confidence in the bike because I was riding on top of the thing, Bayliss style, just waiting to save a front end tuck.

Make sense?
    Todd Murray
    CCS MidWest #99

PS I Love You Wedding Photo Storybooks / Moto Union - Ducati Milwaukee / Bell Helmets / Motorex

"Humility, in our sport, starts at the second step of the GP podium and works its way down. One hero at a time." - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by Murf99 View Post

Yes, I certianly do plan on defending my championship, on the Aprilia. I'm removing the engine for a refresh as I write this.

Dave - a little more detail:
    We (well, Malik) realized that I was putting too much focus on hard breaking and corner entry. If there is one thing I can do well on a motorbike, it's getting the bike slowed on the brakes. Anyhow, the epiphony came with the realization that I was braking too late, too hard, and packing the bike into corners, using too much trail braking, and scrubbing speed with a pushing front end.

The revised plan was to brake earlier, not quite as hard, and get of the brakes sooner. Give up a little pace on the brakes, to make it up with apex speed. It worked.

I've been setting the bike up for more and more trail, more front end feel, but in the end my goals were best acheived by altering my riding plan. Once that was sorted out, I had the confidence to hang off the bike more, steer with the throttle a bit... etc. - all the stuff I'd been trying to do, but lacked the confidence in the bike because I was riding on top of the thing, Bayliss style, just waiting to save a front end tuck.

Make sense?
    yup just before i destroyed my mille I figured out that it really was a corner speed ballerina diguised as a offensive line man.

I told that to K3 and pallela when they joined the aprilia club.

Lay it over on its ear and let it rail.
    David

Aprilia
    RS 250
    Kaw 6R

CWIRA
    KX500

Quote Originally Posted by Murf99 View Post

Just a refresh? Gonna need a hella lot more than that next year in the Super Twins class. Nice job this year. Good luck on defending the title next year in Heavyweight Superbike.

Congrats on the championship Murf! nice write-up.
    Bikes Owned
    Suzuki GS750 /Street
    Kawasaki ZX900/Street
    Yamaha FZR400/Street-Race
    Honda CBR600/Street/Race
    MuZ650/Race
    MuZ720/Race
    Honda Hawk GT650/Race
    Moto Guzzi LeMans1000/Street
    Kawasaki ZX600R/Race
    Suzuki SV650/race
    Aprilia RSV-R/Race