Thread: New member thinking of DD1200

apriliaforum newb

New member thinking of DD1200

Hi everyone I would like to say this is a great site for aprilia info.I have been seriously thinking of getting rid of my harley for a DD1200. I miss the feeling of being on something you can get on and throw around and have fun on. And reading these forums makes me think the DD1200 is just the remedy for me. I have not heard one person say they made the wrong choice. Everyone seems to love this bike. So as far as dealers go can anyone recommend a reputable dealer within 200 miles of nyc. I would prefer one that has a demo bike for a test ride. Also a good service dept. Thank you for any responses they will be greatly appreciated and I hope to join the happy owner club soon.

New Haven Power Sports in New Haven has been very good to me and yes you will love the DD 1200.
    2011 Dorsoduro 1200

apriliaforum newb
    Thank you lanter. Do they have a demo bike. And how has there service dept been to you.

Not sure if they have a demo, but I think they still have a 1200 in stock. The owner and service dept have been great.
    2011 Dorsoduro 1200

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks again I just looked at their website seems like a good dealer. And yes they do have a black one in stock. I also just seen a picture of the 2012s. They are coming out with a black/red one might wait to see that also.

apriliaforum Junkie

Dd 750

I purchased an 09 DD 750 and it has been the most fun! I have always been a fan of the V design, 83 Honda Interceptor 750, 03 Suzuki SV 650S and now my Aprilia. You will love it for sure, I went with thje 750 as I just like the mid size bikes better. Look for leftover 09's and 10's. I got a brand new 09 in Sept. 11 with warranty OTD, for $7000.

apriliaforum newb
    That is a good deal the more I read about the DD12 the better its looking. I also like the fact that you wont see everyone else on the road with one.

I loved my 750 DD and it was very reliable as well. But as soon as I saw and rode the 1200, I was hooked.
    2011 Dorsoduro 1200

apriliaforum newb
    Yea I hear you the 750 never even crossed my mind. There is no such thing as to much power. You have the arrow exhaust right hows the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisnyc40 View Post
    Yea I hear you the 750 never even crossed my mind. There is no such thing as to much power. You have the arrow exhaust right hows the sound.
    Yep just installed them and dealer is gonna download the aprilia/arrow map next week. Look at Lanie's thread in this forum and you can see and hear the arrows.
    2011 Dorsoduro 1200