To display fault codes:
1) Remove right side panel (the piece that covers the rear subframe and lower gas tank) by removing the two 4mm button-head Allen bolts. Be careful of the plastic tabs on the backside of the panels.
2) You will find two unconnected wires near a big harness clip near the side of the battery. You cannot miss these wires. They are the only 2 unconnected wires in there.
3) Connect the two wires together.
4) Turn key switch to "ON/RUN".
5) DO NOT start or attempt to start engine.
6) The message "DIAG" should appear on left LCD screen along with a number indicating the Fault Code.
7) We strongly recommend paying your Aprilia dealer do all of this.
|Component ||Fault Code ||Possible Cause |
|Camshaft position sensor ||11 ||Sensor not connected. Sensor broken. |
|Crankshaft position sensor ||12 |
|Intake pressure sensor ||13 |
|Intake pressure sensor ||14 ||Excessive pressure difference between two pressure sensors |
|Throttle position sensor ||15 ||Sensor not connected. Sensor broken. |
|Coolant temperature sensor ||21 |
|Air temperature sensor ||22 |
|Atmospheric pressure sensor (inside ECU) ||23 ||Sensor faulty |
|Ignition coil 1, Front cylinder ||33 ||Ignition coil faulty or wiring not connected |
|Ignition coil 2, Front cylinder ||34 |
|Ignition coils 1 and 2, Front cylinder ||33,34 |
|Ignition coil 1, Rear cylinder ||35 |
|Ignition coil 2, Rear cylinder ||36 |
|Ignition coils 1 and 2, Rear cylinder ||35,36 |
|Fall Sensor (tip-over sensor) ||41 ||Sensor not connected. Sensor broken.|