Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorsoduro 1200 Photo Gallery

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quza View Post
    120/70 and 190/55 Bridgestone BT 016 Pro
    But I don't recommend riding like that, you'll need a new motorcycle pretty soon. I have a 2012 model now because my dealer wanted to get rid of the bike and my bike had a few scratches, so I would have spent some money anyway
    Haha yea Im just trying to gigure out how u didnt low side from that. I woukd of figured u were on some kinda slicks. Ive tracked mine and wouldnt come close to that

apriliaforum prov-nov motardman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quza View Post
    120/70 and 190/55 Bridgestone BT 016 Pro
    But I don't recommend riding like that, you'll need a new motorcycle pretty soon. I have a 2012 model now because my dealer wanted to get rid of the bike and my bike had a few scratches, so I would have spent some money anyway
    Don't know about your preference but I tend to stick my knee out to prevent ground clearance issues...lol

@BYRDMAN: well, I live in Germany, our tarmac is just exceptional (click here). combine that with low tire pressure and well, there you go
    @motardman: It feels strange/wrong to hang-off with a 3ft handlebar, but I'll definitely give it another try, especially after seeing me ride from another perspective, it looks way more dangerous than it felt.
    Sumo'd XR650R

I've been accessorising

Nice helmet tho, didn't just buy it cause it matched the Dorso. It's as loud as my Arai RX-7 GP & Chaser2, but a different kind of loud. The Arai fit very close onto the ears, the Nolan has a lot of space. I haven't tried yet, but I reckon a normal overear bluetooth cellphone headset would be useable in there, mic pickup, maybe not so much on a compact headset. Although Nolan do have a complete rance of headsets that integrate into this helmet . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3484_1300x867.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	198935

apriliaforum Member
    Which helmet is that? Looks badass!!

Nvm is see its a Nolan...

Trick helmet!. Can you list the helmet model number please and is the peak separate or with helmet?
    I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken
    Husky TR650
    DD750
    Capo Rally

apriliaforum newb

Hey thanks for that. Does that Peak cause any head wobble or drag at speed more so than a none peaked helmet?
    Husky TR650
    DD750
    Capo Rally

Hey Kiwiape, I'm lazy so I just copy/pasted my post from another thread below

Hey Johnny, the helmet is a Nolan X-551, and the matt finish with the tri-colore stripe paint scheme is called "Hero"

I like this lid because it has an adjustable peak. It also has a deployable internal tinted visor like some of the new Shark road helmets that comes down inside the main visor. Sadly the tinted visor is useless when riding into the sun, so I still wear my iridium Oakley Jawbone shades.

Another nice feature is that the helmet includes an anti-fog Pin-Lock screen, I always buy them for my Arai, but the nolan came with one, saved me about $70.

Also for my height, this helmet has a lot less wind resistance on the DD at speed (around 80-120mph). It's like the blast comes over the bike's deflector screen thingey, and hits the top of the peak pushing the helmet down instead of feeling like it's trying to pull the helmet off & buffeting my head side to side. it's also much easier to turn my head to the side with this helmet

Hi TheJAY. That's got me interested, it sounds like this type of helmet works a lot better than any sports bike helmet on the DD. I bought a Shoei Qwest and have been very dissapointed with it from a noise and buffer/lifting aspects, if fact it is complete crap. But I was really lucky and won the Aprilia RSV4 Carbon Helmet. It smokes the Shoei for noise and buffeting and fogging, (no pin lock needed with this baby), although your face does freeze on cold days.

What does the Nolan weigh? I can't seem to find any data on it......
    Husky TR650
    DD750
    Capo Rally

Hey Kiwiape,

I can't remember exactly what the helmet's mass was as I chucked the sticker (if it had one), but I think it was 1350 Grams.

It feels exactly the same as my Arai Chaser II which was 1200/1300 or somewhere thereabout, and possibly a tiny bit heavier than my RX-7, but maybe I'm just imagining it...

I think this helmet's thing is that it's designed to be used in a sitting upright position, whereas my Arai lids for example are purely superbike helmets designed with the lean forward posture in mind.

Only 1 tiny downside with this helmet is the removeable chin guard may need to be removed in summer if it's a very hot day or it can get a bit stuffy in the helmet when standing still with the visor closed. Like I said it's a tiny downside

apriliaforum newb
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0315.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	244.4 KB 
ID:	209198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0157.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	202637well, giving you also the pict from Czech, just 2 weeks old and 800 km on :-)
    Last edited by Josef.Hanyk; 12-09-2012 at 12:42 PM.

WAFO Josef, hope your enjoying the DD.
    2 eyes,2ears,2hands,2feet----TWO CYLINDERS

Falco Mods-K&N Filter,EVO airbox & stacks,SL Carbons ,Penske 8983, carbon front mudguard, dash,top yoke, swingarm covers and sprocket cover, bellypan, billet bar ends and levers, tinted screen & headlight cover, braided brake/clutch lines, Evoluzione clutch slave, Mille oil tank, Sargeant seat, tail tidy, Gilles vario bars, Mille swinger, Rad-cooler guards, Gabro chip more to come
    DD 1200 - Gel seat, Arrows & map, shock tube, EVO Tail tidy, rad and oil guard, DNA Stage 2, Lightech bolt kit, billet resi caps.
    2006 SR50 - Morini motor - My $100 dollar resto project, underway currently.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi there,

Your bike looks fabulous! What exhaust do you have on your bike?

Jacques

apriliaforum newb
    Hi there,

Your bike looks fabulous! What exhaust do you have on your bike?

Jacques

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast