Thread: Brand new Dorsoduro 1200!

apriliaforum newb

Brand new Dorsoduro 1200!

Hello All,

Just joined up as I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a brand new (!!) DD1200...

Unfortunately I haven't seen the bike as I am away travelling with work at the moment. I understand it is a 2012 UK model (so has ABS, TC, and the three throttle maps).

Vendor has already offered a fresh set of tyres, but I am currently undecided whether I should ask for fresh fluids as well (opinions please!). The bike hasn't turned a wheel (apparently) and will come with the usual two year warranty, so limited exposure my end I guess.

Will be interesting to see if I can strike a deal and get the paperwork moving!

PS. Great forum - hope I get the bike and can stick around.

apriliaforum Member
    that's awesome!! I bought my 2012 dorso brand new as a holdover too in 2014. Amazing day picking it up. I wouldn't worry about fluids yet on that. Ride it and see how it is. I would certainly get new tires. The Dunlop Qualifiers that come stock are total trash. Maybe that one doesn't have them. Enjoy your ride!

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks!

Am actually getting quite excited about it...

Will search the forum for tyre suggestions, but some Rosso Corsa's but probably be a good fit for me - I won't be riding everyday, and plan to avoid the rain as much as I can (not always easy in Singapore!).

Just found out the bike is red (I really like the all black colour scheme), but it still looks good in the pics I have been sent.

Fingers crossed it works out!

apriliaforum Member
    I switched up to Pirelli Angel GT and it vastly improved the cornering and confidence. Mine was red too; the best color! It was a joy to look at. Good luck!

Congratulations! I picked my 2012 up a few months ago with 1200 miles on it.
    If it were me, I'd change all the fluids except the coolant.
    I HIGHLY recommend a FatDuc:
    https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scri...dproduct=56000

Enjoy!
    2012 Dorsoduro 1200 -Previous: 2011 KTM 990 SMR, 2005 Tuono Factory, 2007 RSVR1000, 2008 KTM Duke 690, blah blah

apriliaforum newb
    Finally got my hands on my new DD1200!!

Have been away with work for a few weeks, and only managed to see the bike for the first time a week ago. Did the deal, and picked her up yesterday.

Obviously still running in, but already really pleased with it. Only has 40(!) km on it currently! Am planning to head out today if the rain stays away...

Thanks jmardy - will look into the FatDuc.

Decided on Rosso Corsa III's in the end. Obviously too early to tell if I like them, but they seem to warm up quickly.

Great forum - looking forward to hanging around a bit more.

apriliaforum Member
    Welcome to the club. Your DD will be big fun on the roads around Singapore. Lots of good info here on the forum. The common mods for this bike are: Fatduc or similar to sort out lean run condition, mufflers/decat, Dna airfilter, radiator guards, Puig windscreen, gearing up or down to suit, and seat mods for comfort. have fun with your new toy.... Tom