Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R160 tnt.

R160 tnt.

I wonder if Benelli have finally sorted the gremlins? It certainly has some mumbo now!!! 160hp!!!

http://lenzfire.com/bike/2011/06/the...ew-by-dealers/
    I am the Nightrider! I am a fuel-injected suicide machine! I am a rocker! I am a roller! I am an out-of-controller! I am the Chosen One! The mighty hand of Vengeance! Sent down to strike the unroadworthy! I'm hotter than a rolling dice! Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down a rubber road right to freedom!

Awesome bike. If they would only sort out distribution and parts supply

MotoWorld Online <---- Click

2003 Aprilia SL Falco 1000R De-restricted

2015 Suzuki GSXR750 Track only

2010 Husaberg FE390

2008 BMW HP2 Sport

2006 Bimota SB8K Santamonica

2005 Benelli Tornado Tre

2004 Moto Guzzi V11 Coppa Italia

1997 Bimota YB11

2004 Moto Guzzi Ballabio converted to LeMans * M4 CF Exhaust * Convertibars - Sold

I actually like the way it looks too. Which is a RARE thing in contemporary bikes!

DM
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium 1100 - for sale

I am the Nightrider! I am a fuel-injected suicide machine! I am a rocker! I am a roller! I am an out-of-controller! I am the Chosen One! The mighty hand of Vengeance! Sent down to strike the unroadworthy! I'm hotter than a rolling dice! Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down a rubber road right to freedom!

apriliaforum prov-nov aussie rs's Avatar
    Mine rolls up from italy in 4-5 weeks, I'll let you know how she goes.
    :-)

is this the link you were trying to post?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEQtkQA_EBw"]&#x202a;Monza: Benelli TnT R160 vs MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by aussie rs View Post
    Oops, yeah sorry, not sure why that didnít work? But anyway, CONGRATS!Awesome! So can I assume from this you are pretty confident itís a good reliable product now, or have you just accepted to the fact you will expect some problems and will deal with them? I still have a real hankering for the Cafe..... Also, do you know what the actual changes are to get to the 160?

love the avatar

good old fred gassit

well the 2010 spec R160 was a bit hit and miss as far as delivered spec was from the factory, some had the red frame and red clutch cover as per the EICMA show in late 2009, while most actually delived just had the black / dark grey clutch cover and a dark grey frame and missed the CF cockpit surrounds like the show bike. Bloke on the Benelli forum had the first UK delivered R160 in 2010, its never missed a beat. Australia then Benelli importer during 2010 decided to only bring in Benelli scooters in 2010 , and I was contemplating a Moto Morini Corsaro Veloce, but thankfully a new importer for their motorcycles has stepped up with this novel solution:
    http://www.bikepoint.com.au/news/201...ustralia-25712

the R160 on this link is the 2010 model, the 2011 has the graphitie coated forks, improved mapping apprently, and a few cosmetic changes (I'm getting the pearl white one with red frame, and Brembo monoblocks. Engine spec is for all intents and purposes the spec of the 1130cc Tornado motor, more refined, more top end than the standar tnt sport, compressions up a bit.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GJNkY3J6Qu...2BR160%2B2.jpg

essentially a development of their TnT RS factory naked series race bike which was a TnT Sport Evo with a 1130 Tornado motor slipped in.

the CF pillion seat cowling / replacement is a optional extra, at a huge $$ cost , that I have to flog off some Tornado RS spares to finance.

we are stilll paying to much for motorcycles in Oz, considering the aussie dollar buy $1.07 USD!, but considering this new import/ no dealer method is going to save me thousands I cant complain to much, and I actually get the chance to own one, as importing a non Oz complianced bike into Oz, and then being able to ride it on the road is practically impossible.

Ive only ever had minor problems with my tornado 900RS, stock battery was crap, fitted thicker battery cables, its been hell reliable, and parts i need can be sourced either from the local ducati dealer, levers, brake pads etc, oil filters (mazda 323) or easily sourced from Maniac motors in germany or Benelli UK, (benetts MC's) if the aussie importer doesnt have them.

I too would not mind the 2011 Cafe Racer, (it has the standard 1130cc motor and normal radial gold series brembo's and wet clutch) and benell's in Oz will now be the cheapest they have ever been since 2003!!

Pics of the 2011 bikes are on Benelli webpage showing as to be delivered specification.

Mines due to arrive by plane from Italy in mid / late August.

Hanging!!

PS, I'm hoping we see a prototype 600cc tesi called the "Quattro" at EICMA this year, Due 756 and BX, MX, Enduro and Motards are getting built over this northern hemisphere summer.
    Last edited by aussie rs; 07-16-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Haha, yeah Freds a farkin legend! The Aussie dollar is a killer for me to come over with USD. The manufactures/importers are raping the Aussie public, and they know they have you over a barrel with the Aussie bureaucracy for importing, little alone the fact it’s a far away island. I heard the communal excuse is because they have sold vehicles to people when the Aussie wasn’t strong, then those people will be pissed off if they halve the prices, what a load of shit.

Anyway! So do you think if I was to get a Cafe, is there a certain year that things were better than others? From what I can find, anything after 07? What are the essential mods? Power Commander, exhaust, airbox? I saw there is some kind of restrictors to be removed from the headers? To be honest, I like bottom end punch, so maybe a sorted STD 1130 would be better for me anyway?

07/08+ you could fit the latest 2011 CR map, remove the tacked welded tubes in the headers, DNA cotton filter (like a K&N), decent end can. and probably a PCIII and dyno, some people wired open the exhaust pipe exup vale, and remove the air box flaps, which open and close to help low end torque. should see 140HP atrw
    Theres a few americans on the Benelli forum selling their tnt's at the moment.

2010 onward Cafe's has the 50mm front forks as opposed to the original 43mm, and radial mounted brembo's as per my 900RS. I would go for a later Cafe or TnT Sport Evo, easily identifiied by both having the catylic converter in the section of the exhaust pipe just behing the rh rider footpegs, its a short fatter section, they came out on the 08 models, ealier bikes had the exhaust with no cat and the pipe snaked under the rear shock in a loop.

you could get a low kay mint one for not too much at all.

Here's the ad for my 900RS
    http://www.bikepoint.com.au/all-bike...6708&silo=1400

TnT sport for sale in the US
    http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/sh...?threadid=9932

best bet is to join up and post a ad in the tnt section asking about any for sale, chances are you could get a heavily discounted 08+ sport or Cafe for bloody job money on new old stock. Our american members normally know where they are to be found.

Cool, thanks for the info. Im actually moving over to the Isle Of Man and need a new ride over there, on biketrader.co.uk I saw there was 4 second hand Cafe's available about 2 weeks ago, now none, only new? Im hoping after the summer is over people will be selling again....

IOM? you SOAB!! ;-)

you will be be able to find some good deals over in the UK, regularly come up on biketrader and asl quite a few new ones on ebay.uk being advertised by dealers.

Damn you all. Looking at this thread today inspired me to look up Benelli Cafe's on you tube. I found a video of one with a cored exhaust. Now I want one!!
    Even the stock exhaust sounded damn good. Harumph!

DM
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium 1100 - for sale

IOM? you SOAB!! ;-)
    I know, I cant wait!! I was there to check it out last month, went and watched TT3D in the local cinema, and went straight out to the rental car and abused it for a lap of the cct!! I cant wait to be there at home, to be able to wake up, have a nice day, grab the bike and do a few laps before breakfast.... If you are like me and spent a lot of years since being a kid watching the race, especially on board footage, its awesome to be there and recognize so much at each section and turn, and the biking history is just oozing out of the place... Bray Hill, Glenhelen, Kirkmicheal, Ballaugh Bridge, the climb up the mountain, Bungalow, Creg-ny-bar pub. Just awesome!

Mine rolls up from italy in 4-5 weeks, I'll let you know how she goes.
    :-)
    So do you have it yet? Ride review?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast