Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: ApriliaForum goes mobile: Android, iPhone, ForumRunner apps now available

apriliaforum expert Aprilia_RSV_Dan's Avatar
    Sorry app only letting me put 1 attachment at a time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1334434836959.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	188583  

And the same post from browser.

Name:	1334434878196.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	188584  

Link from browser.

Name:	1334435077477.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	188585  

Now this is the part that doesn't make any since, if the YouTube video is just a link I get this from the forum app.

Name:	1334435199282.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	188586  

It may have to do with how the video was inserted. If it's not a full link youtube will not be able to find it, even though the forum software completes the link automatically. Are you clicking the post to view it individually before trying the video?

Unfortunately I do not have an android to test on but I will research to see if other forums are experiencing similar issues.

With the app the only way it lets click the links is to open the post. Most of the link seem to have been copied into the insert link tool with out changing the shown text as it matches the actual URL & it's not like it's just 1 or 2 that don't work but it's all of them that I've tried & that's a lot. Links not working from the app just seems so strange, it's just a link & links to other sites work as expected. I can understand the embedded videos, those weren't even a surprise since embedded pictures act weird in the app (sometimes show, sometimes white shadow box, sometimes switching back & forth between the 2) but they always show up fine once you open the post.

Really sux since YouTube videos are used so often on this forum. To bad the main forum is so heavily customized that even forumtouch app won't app open it, though I like that it can open most types on forums without them needing to install anything on their end like tapatalk, but like this app the user can't even customize the theme colors like all the others I've used (mainly tapatalk & v bulletin built apps)

OK Ted I figured out what's wrong. The top URL is what the forum app sends you too & the bottom is what the browser sends you too. Though they both have the same letters & symbols they don't have the same case on all the letters, it seems YouTube is case sensitive on it's URLs. It would be great if you could get this corrected on the Android app.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dphpmwk8jo9y%26fea ture%3Drelated&feature=related&v=phpmwk8jo9y&gl=US

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DphPmWK8Jo9Y%26fea ture%3Drelated&feature=related&v=phPmWK8Jo9Y&gl=US

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilia_RSV_Dan View Post
    OK Ted I figured out what's wrong. The top URL is what the forum app sends you too & the bottom is what the browser sends you too. Though they both have the same letters & symbols they don't have the same case on all the letters, it seems YouTube is case sensitive on it's URLs. It would be great if you could get this corrected on the Android app.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...mwk8jo9y&gl=US

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...mWK8Jo9Y&gl=US
    Thank you for figuring that out. I have absolutely no clue how to fix that but I will bring it up with vBulletin.

youtube android bug has been reported

Quote Originally Posted by Ted / AF1 Racing:3099797
    youtube android bug has been reported
    Thanks Ted, I hope they can get it sorted soon. With how often post on this forum contain embedded /links to YouTube it makes the mobile app kind of worthless.

BTW I found it's more than just YouTube that has this problem but any site that uses different case letters in their URLs that are case sensitive. Fortunately most don't.

It should be relatively easy to sort out, unfortunately I'm not on that end of the development. I'll keep you posted.

apriliaforum newb

hello from Australia

Hello from Bills iPhone in Australia

I'm working on uploading 1.3 to the android and itunes stores. Android should be available shortly, iphone in about a week. Don't forget about ForumRunner either: http://www.forumrunner.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ted / AF1 Racing
    I'm working on uploading 1.3 to the android and itunes stores. Android should be available shortly, iphone in about a week. Don't forget about ForumRunner either: http://www.forumrunner.com/
    That's awesome, most of the other forums I'm on are also on forumrumner.

I can now watch YouTube videos, I hope the aprilia app will also work.

I just tried out the updated aprilia forum branded Android app, pictures in thread view are good now but YouTube videos still not working.

Everything things seems to work as expected in forumrunner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast