Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ApriliaForum goes mobile: Android, iPhone, ForumRunner apps now available

Just bought it, will test it the next few days.
    'Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticise them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.'

Quote Originally Posted by Ted / AF1 Racing View Post
    iphone or android? I'd like to keep track of any errors people are getting for future updates.
    Android for me.
    "7. I will never stop thanking Ducati for their refusal to sign me in 2009" --- Max Biaggi

'02 Falco
    Renegade high-mount, OZ wheels, JCG custom paint, PC III, 48 psi RSV chip, painted Mille swinger, Works Performance shock, Evo airbox/K&N, oversize intake, Jet Hot coated pipes, Heli-bars, MPL clutch slave, braided lines, alarm, Pazzo's, Puig screen, carbon stuff...many more...

'03 Futura
    Ash Black, BEF Exhaust, H-Pipe, Heli-bars, heated grips, tinted screen, alarm, 3 power outlets (2 Powerlet & Gerbing), charging LED, John's regulator, carbon hugger, Vista Cruise, MPL clutch slave, Falco forks, 320mm rotors, Pazzo's, Stebel TM80 horn, Tutoro chain oiler, K&N filter

apriliaforum expert
    A Blackberry app with the same features would be great!!

looks like we need to get an automatic pic resizer plugin, haha
    Speaking of Pics... Uploaded content (Images etc) show up inline in threads just fine on the PC using IE, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If I log in from the phone using safari images display inline with no problem. Irrespective of whether I am accessing via 3G or Wireless... from within the App I don't see uploaded content or images inline within a thread. Even when a post is selected (app will page to the specific post) images don't display. (environmental data : App version is v1.0.1, hardware = iPhone 4 32gb, Phone OS = ios 4.3.3. (8J2), Carrier = AT&T. )
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character, give him power.

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional minority, then promoted by mainstream media; which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2002 Aprilia SL 1000 Falco R (red/black)
    Stock Blue Shock - Stock Swingarm - No Bling
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100 -(Guzzi Black)
    - "Stock-ish"

apriliaforum expert

Android working perfect

Works ok on my Nexus S Android phone, and a nice app interface
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110519_213603.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	162926  

Last edited by dk_dorso; 05-19-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zjdmm1 View Post
    Speaking of Pics... Uploaded content (Images etc) show up inline in threads just fine on the PC using IE, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If I log in from the phone using safari images display inline with no problem. Irrespective of whether I am accessing via 3G or Wireless... from within the App I don't see uploaded content or images inline within a thread. Even when a post is selected (app will page to the specific post) images don't display. (environmental data : App version is v1.0.1, hardware = iPhone 4 32gb, Phone OS = ios 4.3.3. (8J2), Carrier = AT&T. )
    I have noticed attached images not showing up sometimes, but inline images with [img] tags should show when you click on the individual post. The goal, of course, is to not download the content and take up bandwidth unless the user requests it.

Others have noticed similar issues, and an updated version should be rolling out in a few days:

The current release of the Android app has Photos functionality, which closely follows the web albums interface. Additionally, photo attachments to posts (and blogs and articles) should be working in single post view mode, accessed by clicking on the post in the thread. In this single post view mode, there should also be any inline images displayed.

You may be referring to bbcode images in the thread view, which we currently do not support in the release that is live. The good news is that we have added this functionality to the upcoming 1.1 release!

Any other places in the app that you feel should have image support and do not is an opportunity for you to open an improvement request.

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    I bought it too for my iphone. Glad Ted and vbulletin got it going.

apriliaforum expert
    So a couple of comments on the Android app:

1. from my above post sent from my phone (and others) it really needs a function to resize the pictures
    2. should be able to close the app, without logging out (otherwise it might drain the battery)
    3. should remember username/password after logout, it annoying that i have to type it every time i login
    4. pictures does now show for me at all in the app, not even when i click the attachment icon
    5. on threads with a large number of posts, its a looong and difficult process to get the most resent post... should be sorted with newest post first

Thats from 10 mins of usage, will keep testing
    Last edited by dk_dorso; 05-19-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dk_dorso View Post
    So a couple of comments on the Android app:

1. from my above post sent from my phone (and others) it really needs a function to resize the pictures
    2. should be able to close the app, without logging out (otherwise it might drain the battery)
    3. should remember username/password after logout, it annoying that i have to type it every time i login
    4. pictures does now show for me at all in the app, not even when i click the attachment icon

Thats from 10 mins of usage... more will show up, it does honestly have a bit of a "beta" feel to it
    1) I agree, working on it
    2) I'm completely unfamiliar with android, you have to log out in order to close the app?
    3) this does not happen in the iphone app, does anyone else with an android experience this?
    4) the pic showing situation in android vs not showing in iphone may be related to a plug in that auto-embeds media and how it handles forum attachments. Looking into this.

I have noticed attached images not showing up sometimes, but inline images with [img] tags should show when you click on the individual post. The goal, of course, is to not download the content and take up bandwidth unless the user requests it.

Others have noticed similar issues, and an updated version should be rolling out in a few days:
    I agree 100% about the bandwidth conservation etc.

Just FYI.. went through this entire thread on PC and on iPhone. From within the app on the iPhone I haven't been able to view a single image within this thread, not even when clicking the individual post. In fact I wasn't even able to view the pic I uploaded from within the app in my 1st post. (I can see the small avatar pics of the members and icons etc).

I'm not bitchin. I like the app, like the layout and format, like the ease of use, and think it's well worth the 2 bucks with or without viewing images. In the mean time I can always use the browser in the phone if I "absolutely gotta see an image" etc.. LOL just thought the info would be of some small value from a "testing" standpoint.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character, give him power.

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional minority, then promoted by mainstream media; which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2002 Aprilia SL 1000 Falco R (red/black)
    Stock Blue Shock - Stock Swingarm - No Bling
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100 -(Guzzi Black)
    - "Stock-ish"

apriliaforum expert swingkat420's Avatar
    Just downloaded. A few quirks that's already been mentioned. I'm sure Ted will iron it out. Good first try.

image testing

does everyone see this pic with [img] tags

#1?

how about this one without [img] tags?

http://www.apriliaforum.com/images/r...m/ted_rsvr.jpg

how about this embedded youtube video?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFs9SKEnPm0"]YouTube - ‪Aprilia RSV4 at Hallett Motor Speedway‬‏[/ame]

apriliaforum expert
    1) I agree, working on it
    2) I'm completely unfamiliar with android, you have to log out in order to close the app?
    3) this does not happen in the iphone app, does anyone else with an android experience this?
    4) the pic showing situation in android vs not showing in iphone may be related to a plug in that auto-embeds media and how it handles forum attachments. Looking into this.
    2. not normally, but on this app.. yes, when press "back" which is the normal button to close an app - it asks you if you want to logout, if you answer no.. the app stays open, if yes you are logged out and another press on "back" closes the app. The logout would not be a problem if it remembered the username/pass

3. I think it will be like this on all Android phones, the app simply does not remember the user/pass

fyi, my phone is a Nexus S is running the latest Android version 2.3.4

apriliaforum expert swingkat420's Avatar
    Did not load images or YouTube on iPhone, and when I click to show just that message I get a (null)

image testing

does everyone see this pic with [img] tags

#1?

how about this one without [img] tags?

http://www.apriliaforum.com/images/r...m/ted_rsvr.jpg

how about this embedded youtube video?
    YouTube - ‪Aprilia RSV4 at Hallett Motor Speedway‬‏

crap, I can't even see them, haha

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast