Thread: loooking at a TreK

apriliaforum Member

loooking at a TreK

anyone have some insight on the Tre K or Benelli in general for reliability or maintenance? I was looking at a Tre K and really like the bike, but a little concerned for upkeep and how long she'd last, etc.

Parts? Do they even import them anymore? Do you have a dealer around? I would have to think real long and hard about a newish Benelli. It's not as if they are ever going to be a collectors item or anything.
    Bikes:
    2007.5 Tuono-Black, with 1102cc's of micah's badness!
    2012 Griso-Silver and black, Agostini pipe, some carbon bits.
    2006 Vespa GT200-bitubo suspension all around, Malossi big-bore, head and cam, Akrapovic pipe, all put together by Micah.

gone 2002 Caponord-Oyster gray (as faithful as a hound dog)
    gone Futura-Red (on the AF1 showroom floor. Get some.)

The more I learn about people, the more I appreciate rocks.

Very good point about the parts. When I bought my 1999 Laverda in 2000 it was MUCH easier to get parts for the vintage Laverda's than the (then) new Laverda's.

DungeonMaster
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium 1100 - for sale

Have you taken a visit to any Benelli forums?

apriliaforum Member
    yes, but I was hoping to get somewhat more unbiased opinions. you could ask most bike owners what they thought of their bike while it is on fire, rusting, dropping parts, or in pieces at the shop and they'll tell you it's the best bike.
    I really like the new Multi but it has too many gadgets for my taste. I ran across a Tre K and it fit similarly and was overall a nice feeling bike. A quick search for dealers brought up very little though. Guess I'll keep looking.

Benelli, in america at least is dead, the importer is out of business (I called the number) so any warranty that comes with the bike won't be worth the paper it's written on. Still a lot of leftover 07s and 09s to be had but not worth the potential headache. But neat looking bikes.

The benelli forum is almost entirely euro based as ownership in the US is non existent.

If I were you I'd keep looking and stay far away from benelli.
    Chris
    Chris

a few bikes

I do like to spout off things like "buy a Guzzi" but if you want a multi (and something Italian) you have very little to choose from.
    MV Augusta? Bimota? Aprilia makes a V4. sigh.

DungeonMaster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750

apriliaforum newb

Benelli Fan

Almost wrote the check on one about 2 yrs. back. Lucky for me I kept looking. I'm a huge fan too. I still long to have one. Tre-k, Amazonas, TNT doesn't matter. The passion shines through in the designs . Have a good August vacation Italy. Benelli please come back to U.S.A. someday.

talk of warranty on the frame, few bikes have cracks on front engine engine mount, read this in MCN a couple of weeks ago
    "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet." - Saint Augustine (354-430)

apriliaforum Member
    Better late than never ,Yep i had more issues than you could throw a stick at ,But as a riders machine it was fantastic when all was well .It sounded awesome ,was very fast and had bags of character .I love benellis but doubt very much that i would buy another .To put into a perspective ,i had a benelli 125 air cooled twin of 35 years old that was more reliable than the new one .In the uk IMHO there is only 1 dealer who knows what to do to keep a Benelli going .

There is always Moto Morini ?
    Tuono Racing + KTM 990 Adventure =

apriliaforum Junkie
    I loved the looks of these when they came out. Too bad there are no dealers, networks for them. I would love to have the TRE K, the triple is so sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    Better late than never ,Yep i had more issues than you could throw a stick at ,But as a riders machine it was fantastic when all was well .It sounded awesome ,was very fast and had bags of character .I love benellis but doubt very much that i would buy another .To put into a perspective ,i had a benelli 125 air cooled twin of 35 years old that was more reliable than the new one .In the uk IMHO there is only 1 dealer who knows what to do to keep a Benelli going .
    That was just about the same situation I had with my 1975 Laverda and the 1999 Laverda.
    The older machine was a LOT easier to deal with (dealer and parts support)

1972 Laverda SF 750