Thread: Sealmate AKA fixed leaking fork seal for FREE!

Sealmate AKA fixed leaking fork seal for FREE!

First: I am not endorsing the product or trying to promote or sell anything since I didn't buy it.... i did use the idea and made my own.

My right for seal was leaking and I figured why not try this out since it can't hurt right? I watched a couple of youtube videos on it and decided space monkets could do it so I went into the garage and cut the shape out of an old plasticy folder (thin one) and gave it a go. I followed the info videos I watched and didn't think it worked at first.

Right after you sweep the seals the oil leaks out a bit before it reseats. FYI all the pics are for dirtbikes and on my bike I didn't "move the dust shield" I just pushed it up past both seals). Well I did it last night and took the bike out today. It was a little weapy when I left and did a couple of wheelies (in a non populated 2 lane road with no traffic of course) to seat the seals. Stopped at a gas station to wipe the seapage from the begining of the ride then rode home (15-20 miles).

GUESS WHAT!/? forks are completely DRY! I'm not saying it is a mirracle product and i'm sure people have been doing it for a long time but just wanted to share my ellation with you guys. Got leaking for seals? try this first!

http://sealmate.net/instructions.html

apriliaforum expert PlatinumRSV's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spdu4ia View Post
    Don't you mean: "Sealmate AKA fixed leaking fork seal for $4.99 +S&H!"

Looks cool though
    -=Steve=-

2001 Aprilia RSV Mille - SOLD - Custom Paint / Chrome Wheels / Leo Vince High Mount / Integrated Tail Lights / Yamaha Starter Relay / TruGel Battery / Fender Eliminator

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory - Akrapovič Full System / Sato Rear Sets / Apex Adjustable Clip-Ons / Puig Windscreen / Spiegler Brake & Clutch Lines / AF1 Lowering Links / Adjustable Kickstand / Fork & Swing-arm Sliders / Fender Eliminator

RareSportBikesForSale.com | Adam Carolla CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog | AF1 Racing

no i mean , sealmate idea showed me how to make one from stuff around the house and fix it for free. :thumbsup:

apriliaforum expert PlatinumRSV's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spdu4ia View Post
    no i mean , sealmate idea showed me how to make one from stuff around the house and fix it for free. :thumbsup:
    Ah
    -=Steve=-

2001 Aprilia RSV Mille - SOLD - Custom Paint / Chrome Wheels / Leo Vince High Mount / Integrated Tail Lights / Yamaha Starter Relay / TruGel Battery / Fender Eliminator

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory - Akrapovič Full System / Sato Rear Sets / Apex Adjustable Clip-Ons / Puig Windscreen / Spiegler Brake & Clutch Lines / AF1 Lowering Links / Adjustable Kickstand / Fork & Swing-arm Sliders / Fender Eliminator

RareSportBikesForSale.com | Adam Carolla CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog | AF1 Racing

how does that work?

people use old 35mm film to clean the seals out as well.

Nice one,thanks for that
    CURRENT BIKES
    Yamaha R6 Trackbike
    SUZUKI RGV 250 21 Jolly moto street
    KTM SUPERDUKE R Total hooligan
    YAMAHA RD 400F
    KAWASAKI KR1S Special

apriliaforum Junkie
    An old film strip is the miracle cure. Seal Mate is the one you buy.
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...d.php?t=226885