Thread: Hello and help fuel problem help please!

apriliaforum newb

Hello and help fuel problem help please!

Hi there

I bought an Aprilia SR 50cc 1999 a few days ago asa non runner to see if I could get her going. After a tinkering with her it seems she has spark but no fuel going to the engine.

There also seems that there is no power to the electric starter, but as it has a kick start too it doesn't seem too much of a problem.

I've used a syringe and put some fuel straight in the cylinder and it started, then gave up when it ran out, so it seems that it is just fuel problems she is having.

Where do I start!?

Thanks in advance!

apriliaforum newb
    OK update on this, I've managed to get it going, woohoo!! I think there may have been a blockage somewhere as it took a while to run smoothly again.

However, there is a small electrical issues which is the electric starter does not work and the lights do not work,but the indicators do! Is there a fuse or another relay for these? I found the one for the electric starter and when I take the relay apart and press the contacts, the electric starter works, just not on the button. Any one with any electrical knowledge in this are a got any ideas?

All the best.