Thread: How to remove the seat?

apriliaforum Junkie

How to remove the seat?

I wanted to remove the seat this evening to put the battery on a tender, removed the pillion seat and unscrewed the two bolts holding the rear of the seat to the frame. Seat refuses to come off, almost like something is holding it to the front near the tank. Are there additional bolts I need to remove?
    2010 Aprilia RSV4-R
    2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    2009 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2009 Aprilia RS125 (sold)

Search all Craigslist cities from one place: http://bouncingknee.com/

apriliaforum expert
    weird, should pull right off.....try pulling the seat slightly back towards the rear of the bike as you lift it off. I believe there is a hook that keeps u from pulling it straight up.

apriliaforum Junkie
    that's what I had figured but the seat didn't want to seem to move away from the tank either. will go down in the garage and try again, didn't want to break any plastic bits by pulling too hard.
    2010 Aprilia RSV4-R
    2006 Triumph Daytona 675

apriliaforum Junkie
    OK, got it off. Put a bit of muscle into wriggling the seat side to side and pulling it back at the same time. There is a tab at the bottom front of the seat near the tank that has a u shaped channel in it. That channel slides into a raised screw and I guess it was in there fairly tight. Problem solved.
    2010 Aprilia RSV4-R
    2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Graphicologist Extraordinaire ckruzel's Avatar
    its funny to see the tank under the seat isnt it? reminds me of those special tanks kawi made for hacking in superbike to hold extra fuel, just imagine the milage we would get without the part under the seat
    2010 White RSV4R
    Custom Graphics
    decal questions? email me at kruzel (at)drippinwet.com
    check us out on facebook!
    Making Decals for some of the Fastest People on the Planet
    J.Hayes | M.Paris | J.Herrin | Z.Herrin | D.Westby | T.Knapp | S.Coviello | S.Villa | H.Nash | B.Solis | J.Day | C.West | A.Welsh | E.Meyers | D.Eslick | G.May | C.Alexander | D.Gaviria | J.Rispoli | J.Pascarella | B.Cretu | S.Mesa |C.Sellerom (check us out on facebook)

I bought a tender with an optional plug that stays wired to the battery so i can plug it in without lifting the seat. I think they all, for the most part come this way now. Snaking the plug was not as easy as it looked though.
    1998 Superhawk (sold)
    2010 RSV4 R race map and Acro
    1939 Ford 9N
    1995 Veggie Powered Ford F250y

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrD View Post
    Not everyone will want to remove their passenger pegs, but if you do, hooking up a BT tender pigtail is a piece of cake.

jrD
    Mine came like that with the battery tender lead zip tied to the rear peg. I removed the pegs and there is enough slack in the wire to run into the rear portion under the seat cowl. Out of sight and easy to pop off the back portion and plug it in.
    2010 RSV4R | 2012 KTM 500EXC