Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ****Correct battery replacement procedure. Must read.

I wonder what the ECU is doing those 15 sec.
    Self check maybe?
    -2004 RSVR Factory Red
    -Nera Triple Clamp
    -Woodcraft Clip-ons
    -19x20 Billet Brembo Brake M/C
    -16x18 Billet Brembo Clutch M/C
    -Carbon Labia,Flapper Diabled
    -Open Ironbite Airbox with DNA Air Filter
    -Akrapovic EVO6
    -Map2
    -High Grade Steel Link Plates
    -Gilles Rearsets
    -Gilles Chain Adjuster
    -15/40 520 Chain and Spockets
    -Ohlins Set-Up by Poletti Racing Italy

apriliaforum newb
    Is this the cause of the stators burning out?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Just to clarify. All I need to do is turn on the key (like I would do if I was going to start up the bike), wait 15+ seconds, then turn the bike off again. That's it?

I bought my 04 RSVR last summer and I've noticed the battery seems to not keep a charge long. I'm wondering if the previous owner replaced the battery without doing this. If so, is it too late to do this?

Thanks

just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    Anytime I replaced a battery on a 04-09 RSV in the past, I would adj the clock and RPM light before starting the bike.
    Without knowing it, I was performing the "key on, wait 15-seconds before start" proceedure.
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

damn...glad I stumbled onto this. Going to get new battery tonight! Thanks amauri.
    #1 Forum Coprophiliac

mmmmmmmmm.....Panty Gravy!!

I have bad luck....If it were raining vagina's...I would get hit in the head with a Dick!!

my battery lost its charge since it sat for a long time...so i took it off and had it charged...

now this is the same battery and not a replacement...but i didn't do the 15 second procedure. do i have to disconnect it again and do the procedure?

thanks.
    2008 Aprilia RSVR Factory...currently Loving it!
    2008 Yamaha R6...sold
    2003 Honda CBR600RR...sold

thkQQ
    run run run mobee run.....
    Wii 7457 5601 3624 0786
    93' YZF600
    92' Zephyr550
    8x' RG250

Quote Originally Posted by amauri View Post

Obviously, when the multimeter is disconnected, it is as if the battery poles were disconnected again, so the aforementioned procedure must be repeated without the multimeter.[/I][/COLOR]
    I do not follow this part. Are you saying that at any time you check your battery with a multimeter you have to do the key on wait 15secs and then key off. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by locknload View Post
    I do not follow this part. Are you saying that at any time you check your battery with a multimeter you have to do the key on wait 15secs and then key off. Cheers
    If you check the voltage using the multimeter it is not necessary.
    What Amauri wrote was if you had been measuring the amperage which requires the multimeter to be in series with the battery it is necessary.
    2001 RST Futura in stream Silver.
    Mods: Modified Öhlins fork from mille R, EBC brake discs, HEL front brakelines, Carbon RS 250 front fender, Wiring mod for charging. Engine related:05 map, Iridium plugs, tuneboy, derestriced intake, old mille airboot, staintunes exhaust. Lambda bung hardbrazed in the "breadbox". Öhlins mille R rear shock with 110N/mm spring and the integrated hydraulic preload adjuster. LED Voltmeter installed inside the dash for monitoring charging. Duc 999 radial m/c for brake and clutch. EBC 320mm brake discs
    NWS hugger. Equipment: Famsa tankbag,
    CBR 600 -07 MOSFET R&R FH008EE providing stable 14.4 - 14.5 V (with my wiring mod). Daytona heated grips with mccoi pwm controller and automatic chain oiler

Quote Originally Posted by deefred View Post
    If you check the voltage using the multimeter it is not necessary.
    What Amauri wrote was if you had been measuring the amperage which requires the multimeter to be in series with the battery it is necessary.
    Aaahh thought so. Just wanted to be sure. Cheers for that

apriliaforum newb

Zeroed Odometer

Recently replaced my battery, prior to reading Smart money artcile on pg. 98 of Motorcyclist Magazine, my odometer has zeroed out indicating no milage, is there a recall on 2004 rsv1000r factory or a way to resolve this issue?

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amauri View Post
    Anytime I replaced a battery on a 04-09 RSV in the past, I would adj the clock and RPM light before starting the bike.
    Without knowing it, I was performing the "key on, wait 15-seconds before start" proceedure.
    Amauri stated that "anytime he replaced a battery on a 04-09 RSV in the past, he would adj the clock and RPM light"...

So my question to this is, why does the Redline light/RPM light need to be adjusted? Is this something that MUST be done? Also, how is this done?

battery replacement

Recently replaced my battery, prior to reading Smart money artcile on pg. 98 of Motorcyclist Magazine, my odometer has zeroed out indicating no milage, is there a recall on 2004 rsv1000r factory or a way to resolve this issue?

I have an 04 RSV1000r factory and the battery is going flat and will need to be replaced, is there a way of doing this without my odometer resetting?

Quote Originally Posted by rsv1000rfac View Post
    No recall, only solution is to install a later modelyear dash.
    'Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticise them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.'

apriliaforum newb
    I have a 2004 RSVR that also went to Zero miles. Turns out that this happens if you disconnect the battery with the ignition key in. Take it out before you disconnect the battery and it should be OK. Mine is. Confirmed this just after it happened by deliberately disconnecting after I'd put a few more miles on. Sure enough, key in, battery disconnected, zero miles.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast