Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just bought 70cc SR 50, tuning questions!!

apriliaforum newb
    I'm willing to bet that your spark plug is fouled. My sr50 started acting up again and when I switched plugs the bike ran great again.

apriliaforum newb
    hey all...finally got the exhaust its beautiful..

Went to put it on today and noticed lots of oil all over the air box and around carb, but dry around oil line, oil tank, but wet on air box and a little inside carb? not sure if its just from sitting, or the fitting into the carb is loose or if its just dispersing into the carb on its own?

so ive had enough took it to the shop, told them to get it going with the stock exhaust first (since in ran great and did 62mph before) and see if that works. If it does then i will return exhaust and use that money towards labor!!

if not i will have them slap on exhaust and tune it from there, I will keep you all posted with the outcome and and what exactly went wrong, i have exhausted everything i know and done. Im over it!!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    You should check your spark plug first. I think you have too big both pilot and main jet. You tried to get bigger main jet and see that it didn't solve the problem. All what you'll get is bigger fuel usage. bring it down to 80 especially with stock exhaust. However I would stay with ne LV only because it performs better. I have TT and was restricted when new. So make sure you take all restrictions off. Can't believe you did 60 and now the half??? With 70cc kit normal speed is 60mph. I've got sr 50 r and with slightly upgrades I ride 50mph on flat

apriliaforum newb
    well im back!!

finally gave in the took it to the shop...The bad ass leo vince 70cc pipe i bought didnt fit so i returned it and decided to hold off..

so the bike is pretty much back to normal its def not doing 62mph like it used to but a steady 55 which is good enough...the mid range still a bit bumpy but not as bad...idles great,, acceleration not bad...

come to find out "they just lowered the main jet to a 90" i still dont believe that's all they did because i tried everything and nothing worked but i guess leaning it out did the job...It still has stock exhaust.. if i ever find one that will fit this bike and make sense for the 70cc kit i will buy it install it and re tune and hopefully be back to a full range clean 65mph sr50 but...

as of now...
    stock airbox
    21mm carb with 90 main
    HMR replica 70cc kit
    stock exhaust
    not sure what rollers or tanny stuff is in there??

whats next?? def an exhaust!! but what really fits and where in the hell can i get it?? its been a nightmare finding an exhaust that actually fits the bike!! in the mean time il be riding and dealing with the sputtery mid range and topping out at 55 until i get the stuff for the next stage...thanks again you all

Hm interesting...
    Are you sure you had a pipe for "Minarelli horizontal" engine, maybe it was for a Piaggio engine...

Otherwise all exhaust pipes meant for minarelli horizontal should fit pretty well.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by onu123 View Post
    Hm interesting...
    Are you sure you had a pipe for "Minarelli horizontal" engine, maybe it was for a Piaggio engine...

Otherwise all exhaust pipes meant for minarelli horizontal should fit pretty well.

so should i just start looking for exhaust for minarelli horizontal instead of a 99sr50? how about a polini 200.0283??

Welll...
    I'm not really sure what you should search for =) Every internet-shop has different names for it =)
    Well yours is also commonly known as the "SR50 Stealth"

...for the price of this polini exhaust you could get Tecnigas RSII exhaust or Stage6 PRO, or Gianelli Shot...

Still if it's affordable, I would buy Yasuni C16... (or a replica of it...)
    Used exhausts are always a good option as long as they aren't dented really badly.
    Last edited by onu123; 03-04-2011 at 04:25 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    Here's what to do. Go to https://www.leovinceusa.com/main/pro...t_scooters.php and enter make model and year they will give you a pipe with 4 digit number. ie "leo vince 4066" and then search at shops for that numbered pipe.

apriliaforum expert Modular Overrev's Avatar
    get a Stage6 Pro exhaust, that should complement your MHR Rep kit nicely, the reason you got a shitty idle & top end is bcoz you are running very rich on the pilot jet & main jet, buy a 40-42-45 pilot jet & 80-82-85-88 main jet. LC engines don't like running rich mixtures, the perform better when leaned out.

going from 50cc to 70cc doesn't always require a bigger main jet, the engine sputtering & not idling properly should have told you that earlier it needed smaller jets.
    JDM 2004 Honda CBR600RR
    Akrapovic Evo full system PC III USB WP 4618 rear shock WP 1508 steering damper Ohlins 0,90 kg/mm fork springs Overrev tuned cartridges Brembo 19 RCS HEL brakelines PF front pads & SBS rear pads DID ERV3 520 chain 15/47 AFAM sprocket Robby Moto quick throttle Euro racing riser plates

2004 Yamaha Aerox R
    Yasuni C21 MHR Team 6T 70cc kit MHR Team crank Stage6 crank bearings PVL inner rotor ignition Keihin PWK28 carb Malossi VL12 reevalve KOSO manifold Polini Evo SS9 vario Malossi ventilvar Bando belt Polini 128mm rear pulley Malossi Delta clutch Malossi Wingbell Polini 15/42 gear kit Malossi RS24 rear shock Aprilia Rally 12" wheels Bridgestone Racing Battlax tires

apriliaforum newb
    okay guys after 3 days of riding it lost power again??

anyway going to get an exhaust put it on and re tune...
    what exhaust will def fit my bike 99 sr50 watercooled carb with 70kit
    and where exactly can i get it?
    only thing I can get my hands on that i know will fit is a polini pipe...

apriliaforum Junkie Sp33d-Fr34k's Avatar
    You dont have to change the pilot jet. That im 100% sure of.
    Aprilia SR50R - Spiderman Edition

With:

Complete Stage6 R/T 95cc Piaggio Engine. <---- For sale in Norway

apriliaforum Junkie Sp33d-Fr34k's Avatar
    stage6 pro replica have allready been mentioned. you should go with that.
    Aprilia SR50R - Spiderman Edition

With:

Complete Stage6 R/T 95cc Piaggio Engine. <---- For sale in Norway

apriliaforum expert Modular Overrev's Avatar
    he's running a 60 pilot jet which is way too big for a PHBG21 carb, in my experience tuning PHBG 21 carbs they run better with a smaller pilot jet. also he did turn the pilot screw all the way in which made it ran better & that is a sure sign the carb is running too big pilot jet.
    JDM 2004 Honda CBR600RR
    Akrapovic Evo full system PC III USB WP 4618 rear shock WP 1508 steering damper Ohlins 0,90 kg/mm fork springs Overrev tuned cartridges Brembo 19 RCS HEL brakelines PF front pads & SBS rear pads DID ERV3 520 chain 15/47 AFAM sprocket Robby Moto quick throttle Euro racing riser plates

2004 Yamaha Aerox R
    Yasuni C21 MHR Team 6T 70cc kit MHR Team crank Stage6 crank bearings PVL inner rotor ignition Keihin PWK28 carb Malossi VL12 reevalve KOSO manifold Polini Evo SS9 vario Malossi ventilvar Bando belt Polini 128mm rear pulley Malossi Delta clutch Malossi Wingbell Polini 15/42 gear kit Malossi RS24 rear shock Aprilia Rally 12" wheels Bridgestone Racing Battlax tires

apriliaforum newb
    Finally got a Yasuni exhaust R - Minarelli horizontal with Aluminium silencer

hopfully it fits came all the way from europe!! if its doesnt come with rollers etc what do you all recommend for tranny set up? rollers, springs, etc?

maybe the tranny is the reason its loosing power? not the right set up? hope the exhaust helps

Yasuni R will do nice...
    Setting up the transmission is pretty much "trial by error".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast