Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: TuneEcu, Free injection mapping and diagnostic for Caponord/Futura.

Quote Originally Posted by crenninger View Post
    I could do... but who's a layer so they can tell me the proper language to put in my post before I provide the maps :-)))

catfish, ok with this?

Yes ... as long as we get to SHOOT the lawyer when you are done with him!

Catfish ...

I think that in this winter capos will run more often than in the last Nice work!

And don`t worry about lawyers, capo ovners know when they screw up, and don`t blame others we proudly present all the fulish stuf we made on this forum

T.

apriliaforum prov-nov

Flashing services

For some of us that is less than talented I would be willing to pay someone to reflash my ECU after I pull it and mailing it out then back??? BobL.

BEFORE YOU DO, what do you have in your bike?

likely you have that one already.
    yes, I have the 429 map already, loaded stock from the factory.

I was under the impression that I should be able to 'see' a map in the map section of TuneECU, and that now it appears I need to hook it back up to the bike, and load the .hex 429 map?

Do I need to load the .hex map of the 429 into TuneECU in order to see my current map? ( which should be the same?)

I'm not sure what I am trying to do other than getting a .hex file to email to you. Just a little confused.

(BTW. the green light is always flashing in the lower right. the screen shots apparently miss the "on" flashes.)

At this point, there are no changes that I would want to do until Catfish's map is ready.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tuneecu map not present.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	151361  

2006 Caponord - Rich's custom seat, drilled stock pipes, Catfish "429" map, Braking wave rotors, Rally Raid Bars/fender, Ricor Intiminators, Skidmarx custom windscreen ( propane torch special ), Bags Connection tank bag
    2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by ELMOSISU View Post
    yes, I have the 429 map already, loaded stock from the factory.

I was under the impression that I should be able to 'see' a map in the map section of TuneECU, and that now it appears I need to hook it back up to the bike, and load the .hex 429 map?

Do I need to load the .hex map of the 429 into TuneECU in order to see my current map? ( which should be the same?)

I'm not sure what I am trying to do other than getting a .hex file to email to you. Just a little confused.

(BTW. the green light is always flashing in the lower right. the screen shots apparently miss the "on" flashes.)

At this point, there are no changes that I would want to do until Catfish's map is ready.
    Follow Moto-Abruzzo instructions step by step.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Originally Posted by 2pist View Post
    Radio shack sells the 6 pin molex connector for a whopping $2.59 It's available in store..
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062448
    did you buy it and confirm it works?
    I have a radio shack close by, I'll check it out this week.
    Just bought some, they are the proper connectors.

apriliaforum prov-nov Tom_Hamburg's Avatar
    Good day,

I'm Tom and I am the operator for the homepage www.tuneecu.com
    Your Christian has kindly asked me to visit your page.

For problems with the software please contact on Alain.
    New Maps, You may send you to me or Alain.

Sorry for my bad English but I hope you can understand me.

BR, Tom
    TuneECU

Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Triumph Rocket Roadster

Follow Moto-Abruzzo instructions step by step.

I missed Moto Abruzzo's clear directions

sorry guys. you've been patient!!

see what I was able to do:

Name:	tuneecu screen shot hex 429 map loaded.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	151376  

2006 Caponord - Rich's custom seat, drilled stock pipes, Catfish "429" map, Braking wave rotors, Rally Raid Bars/fender, Ricor Intiminators, Skidmarx custom windscreen ( propane torch special ), Bags Connection tank bag

Just bought some, they are the proper connectors.
    I figured. I don't own a Capo so I couldn't try. I Used the standard molex two pin connectors from radio shack for a pair of turn signals i built and they worked pefect. So, I figured these would too.

01 RSV, Micron TI w/TI chip
    06 Triumph Sprint ST
    01 YZ 250

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by ELMOSISU View Post
    I missed Moto Abruzzo's clear directions

sorry guys. you've been patient!!

see what I was able to do:
    Was this read from your ECU or loaded from Hex file

Was this read from your ECU or loaded from Hex file
    this is from the hex file. I'll get to my bike soon, I hope. I will let you know. "engine off, kill switch on, ignition on, read map"

success!

Okay, here is my first 'map read'

I did as MA and Christian suggested and the 'read map' proceeded with a green bar at the bottom indicating progress. All the time the green rectangle in the lower right stayed solid or flashed. I had to retry the map read 3 times, because it 'timed out' in the middle ( maybe 1 minute into the read). the 4th time it took up the map smoothly. Christian, I will email you the file.

Name:	tuneecu first map read stock 050429.jpg 
Views:	829 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	151392  

apriliaforum expert moto-abruzzo's Avatar
    Good result Elmo!

The time-out is unusual though .... reading the ECU map should take approx. 20 seconds or so.

May I ask what computer/cable/driver and operating system you used to read the ECU .. I know you've had access to a XP and Windows 7, did you try both?
    03 Rally-Raid, 08 dogs, 05 cats, 09 chickens, 08 Kestrel ....and a goat declared SORN

Quote Originally Posted by moto-abruzzo View Post
    Good result Elmo!

The time-out is unusual though .... reading the ECU map should take approx. 20 seconds or so.

May I ask what computer/cable/driver and operating system you used to read the ECU .. I know you've had access to a XP and Windows 7, did you try both?
    The time out happened on my 'old' Dell Insprion 1510 laptop. The "clean" load ( after further reflection) probably did take 20 seconds or less. The green bar rose fairly quickly. The time outs happened at different percentages on the first couple of reads. one was at 72%, another was at about 50%. the bar stopped rising and I got rapid blinking of the green rectangle, and then ti timed out. There is a small possibility that the USB port is slightly worn, from years of use, as I did replug in the cable after the time outs, and it is a fairly loose fit. the old Dell has Windows XP, and I used a new USB Tuneboy Cable and Tuneboy driver.

I have a new Dell Inspiron with Windows 7. I have not tried it with this one yet. I will be away from my home until Thursday, so I can try it then.

Do you think the time out could be an issue when loading a map?
    Last edited by ELMOSISU; 11-16-2010 at 08:35 AM.

apriliaforum expert moto-abruzzo's Avatar
    Yes it could .....

....you might end up with a 'brain-dead' ECU! It can be recovered, but don't go tempting fate ..... try the other computer, make sure that all the connections are clean and secure - and get the communications reliable before trying to load a map to the ECU.

Both Crenninger and I have run TunECU for quite some time and had rock-solid comms to the ECU. We know the program and drivers aren't flakey or unstable .... anything less is just asking for trouble.

Let us know how you get on.
    03 Rally-Raid, 08 dogs, 05 cats, 09 chickens, 08 Kestrel ....and a goat declared SORN

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast