Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: TuneEcu, Free injection mapping and diagnostic for Caponord/Futura.

Quote Originally Posted by crenninger View Post
    Was this read from your ECU or loaded from Hex file
    this is from the hex file. I'll get to my bike soon, I hope. I will let you know. "engine off, kill switch on, ignition on, read map"
    2006 Caponord - Rich's custom seat, drilled stock pipes, Catfish "429" map, Braking wave rotors, Rally Raid Bars/fender, Ricor Intiminators, Skidmarx custom windscreen ( propane torch special ), Bags Connection tank bag
    2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

success!

Okay, here is my first 'map read'

I did as MA and Christian suggested and the 'read map' proceeded with a green bar at the bottom indicating progress. All the time the green rectangle in the lower right stayed solid or flashed. I had to retry the map read 3 times, because it 'timed out' in the middle ( maybe 1 minute into the read). the 4th time it took up the map smoothly. Christian, I will email you the file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tuneecu first map read stock 050429.jpg 
Views:	858 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	151392  

2006 Caponord - Rich's custom seat, drilled stock pipes, Catfish "429" map, Braking wave rotors, Rally Raid Bars/fender, Ricor Intiminators, Skidmarx custom windscreen ( propane torch special ), Bags Connection tank bag

Quote Originally Posted by moto-abruzzo View Post
    Good result Elmo!

The time-out is unusual though .... reading the ECU map should take approx. 20 seconds or so.

May I ask what computer/cable/driver and operating system you used to read the ECU .. I know you've had access to a XP and Windows 7, did you try both?
    The time out happened on my 'old' Dell Insprion 1510 laptop. The "clean" load ( after further reflection) probably did take 20 seconds or less. The green bar rose fairly quickly. The time outs happened at different percentages on the first couple of reads. one was at 72%, another was at about 50%. the bar stopped rising and I got rapid blinking of the green rectangle, and then ti timed out. There is a small possibility that the USB port is slightly worn, from years of use, as I did replug in the cable after the time outs, and it is a fairly loose fit. the old Dell has Windows XP, and I used a new USB Tuneboy Cable and Tuneboy driver.

I have a new Dell Inspiron with Windows 7. I have not tried it with this one yet. I will be away from my home until Thursday, so I can try it then.

Do you think the time out could be an issue when loading a map?
    Last edited by ELMOSISU; 11-16-2010 at 08:35 AM.

I just tried my new Dell, this morning, before leaving for work(!). The map read was clean and smooth. It took exactly 12 seconds to read. I got a new hex file too. I guess I'll stick with the new computer!

Both Crenninger and I have run TunECU for quite some time and had rock-solid comms to the ECU. We know the program and drivers aren't flakey or unstable .... anything less is just asking for trouble.
    To me, this is the biggest upside to this new program (cost aside). TuneBoy and TuneEdit gave me fits with connectivity issues, and once corrupted my ignition mapping even in Catfish's capable hands. Watching crenninger connect up to my bike, the comm is so much faster and more stable. It's a whole new world.

Problem maybe

Ok peeps.

I have the cables, soldered up and tested working, got the software for the cable installed on laptop, latest tune software with key and also staintune map from the website in the same folder.

Connect to bike and i get the green light. I can do some tests, fan, pump and stepper motor but nothing else.

Map time, I load up the map from the pc and reconnect to the bike, the loaded map appears with its path on the bottom line, it shows that it's the staintune map. I tell the program to connect to my ecu and it does, what it will not do is get my read my bikes map, it opens a window and says incompatible file, there is no VIN, it says it's lost. Also no serial number, checksum or map number.

Have i or do you think iv'e missed something

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Maduggo View Post
    Ok peeps.

I have the cables, soldered up and tested working, got the software for the cable installed on laptop, latest tune software with key and also staintune map from the website in the same folder.

Connect to bike and i get the green light. I can do some tests, fan, pump and stepper motor but nothing else.

Map time, I load up the map from the pc and reconnect to the bike, the loaded map appears with its path on the bottom line, it shows that it's the staintune map. I tell the program to connect to my ecu and it does, what it will not do is get my read my bikes map, it opens a window and says incompatible file, there is no VIN, it says it's lost. Also no serial number, checksum or map number.

Have i or do you think iv'e missed something
    What bike do you have? which year? which County?
    Does the "diagnostics" screen shows properly?
    Can you post some screen shot?

I haven't seen any bike with a Vin# yet... normal.
    the other parameters are suppose to show up.

apriliaforum expert GH_services's Avatar
    hi all,
    whats the score with converting a tuneboy tune to a tuneecu hex file?
    how is this done? - can it be done??

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by GH_services View Post
    hi all,
    whats the score with converting a tuneboy tune to a tuneecu hex file?
    how is this done? - can it be done??
    It's done through your ECU, load one with Tuneboy, read it with TuneECU

Which map do you want to convert?

apriliaforum expert GH_services's Avatar
    cool, thanks for that.
    i have a map on my ecu that i have tweek'd with tuneboy and am very happy with but i wanted to play with it via tuneecu.
    i wasnt sure that it would work if i started tuneecu up with a base map then read out my ecu map, i wondered if it had to have the same map loaded in tuneecu as is on the ecu

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by GH_services View Post
    cool, thanks for that.
    i have a map on my ecu that i have tweek'd with tuneboy and am very happy with but i wanted to play with it via tuneecu.
    i wasnt sure that it would work if i started tuneecu up with a base map then read out my ecu map, i wondered if it had to have the same map loaded in tuneecu as is on the ecu
    Just follow MotoAbruzzo instructions.
    Works with any mapID

Quote Originally Posted by crenninger View Post
    What bike do you have? which year? which County?
    Does the "diagnostics" screen shows properly?
    Can you post some screen shot?

I haven't seen any bike with a Vin# yet... normal.
    the other parameters are suppose to show up.

2001 Silver Capo, Uk

the screens appear to be ok from looking at the shots on here, all things seem present, will have another go tomorrow and try get shot

apriliaforum prov-nov Tom_Hamburg's Avatar
    Hi,

If I have understood you correctly, you can not read the map on your ECU.

If that's the case, then missing TuneECU the signature of the map that is on their ECU.

This includes all maps, whose signature is unknown.

If the message (VIN lost) is displayed, then perhaps there is an error in data transmission, or your ECU is malfunctioning. If that were the case,
    is actually no download possible. Check your cable.

Have you Alain asked? Maybe he can help you further.

Sorry for my bad English.

BR, Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Maduggo View Post
    I tell the program to connect to my ecu and it does, what it will not do is get my read my bikes map, it opens a window and says incompatible file, there is no VIN, it says it's lost. Also no serial number, checksum or map number.
    TuneECU

Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Triumph Rocket Roadster

Trancer ... the adapter cable comes with bare wires at one end, you need to fit the Capo plug to connect to the ECU. The OBDII connectors have to stay as one contains the circuit board.

Attachment 151271 Attachment 151269
    Attachment 151272

the completed cables would look like:

Attachment 151270
    Moto Abruzo, Do I need both OBD connectors in the middle? I have a USB to OBD VAG COM cable, and I have the 6 pin connectors. I guess I can't go USB to 6 pin? I need the ODB to Open to attch the 6 pin connector to right?
    02 Caponord, 06 Speed Triple,03 VFR, 03 K1200RS, 07 k1200GT

apriliaforum prov-nov Tom_Hamburg's Avatar
    If at Triumph Sagem ECU the message (VIN lost) is shown, there is no
    Chance.

Is that different at Aprilia ECU's?

However at Triumph Keihin models, this error has not occurred so far.

BR, Tom
    TuneECU

Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Triumph Rocket Roadster

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast