Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: TuneEcu, Free injection mapping and diagnostic for Caponord/Futura.

I think you have to have a map loaded in the program before you can read a map?

01 RSV, Micron TI w/TI chip
    06 Triumph Sprint ST
    01 YZ 250

Quote Originally Posted by crenninger View Post
    Engine OFF, kill switch ON, Ignition ON.

well if you get the green flashing light, you should be able to read the maps.
    At least many have been able to.
    Engine was on during most of my fiddling. I'll try again. I have another laptop with windows 7 on it and I can try that too. Thanks again for the continued advice. Very cool!
    2006 Caponord - Rich's custom seat, drilled stock pipes, Catfish "429" map, Braking wave rotors, Rally Raid Bars/fender, Ricor Intiminators, Skidmarx custom windscreen ( propane torch special ), Bags Connection tank bag
    2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

McSpafter and I are still trying to source some of the connectors, etc locally.

Once we do, we'll email our maps as well. I've been meaning to head down to a local Aprilia dealer to get the latest map loaded as I've been getting a hell of a lot of pinging lately. Hopefully a new map will sort some things out.

Will the Catfish Dyno Tuned maps maps be joining the list of available maps once everything is confirmed stable and tested?
    2004 Oyster Gray Caponord
    Kappa High Screen
    Aprilia Crashbars
    Aprilia Handguards
    Aprilia Centrestand
    Polisport High-mount front fender
    HPR Concepts LED driving lights
    Radiator + oil cooler guards
    Heidenau K60 + Mitas E-07
    Ariete angled valves
    Bags Connection Daypack II
    Mods: Gutted Pipes, af1 braided fuel line + connectors, charging mod, fork spacers.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hallo,

Could someone save the Catfish map (Caponord with O2 sensor) to TuneECU format from Caponord?

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by otompotom View Post
    Hallo,

Could someone save the Catfish map (Caponord with O2 sensor) to TuneECU format from Caponord?

Thank you very much!
    I think you will have to wait until Catfish has tested TuneECU with his maps 1st before they will be released in this format.
    08 ETV 1000 Caponord
    Multistrada 1200
    Honda C90e - A real adventure bike.

Quote Originally Posted by moto-abruzzo View Post
    Elmo

2pist is right, you need to load a map first .... go to the upload page and pick a tune that best suits your bike..

http://www.tomhamburg.net/Aprilia_Tune_list.html

The latest tunes are:

050428 if you don't have cat converters (bulges in the exhaust link pipes behind the heat shileds) - or

050429 if you do have cats.

Reconnect to the bike ... as Crenninger said, ignition - on, kill switch - run and engine off and make sure you have good battery voltage! Once communications are made, you should see the 'Read ECU' ready to use. As it uploads watch the green bar at the bottom of the window showing the read status.

You should now have TunECU with YOUR bikes map displayed ..... next thing, save it!

And don't forget to tell us what the map number is.......good luck!

Crenninger

Thanks for confirming that ... it took a few loads and reloads to satisfy myself it wasn't going to produce garbage when I changed them. As I said, I like 'keep-it-simple' .... why have to change 7 boxes, when 2 will do!
    Got it! I assumed that the tuneECU 'read' the current 50429 map that is in my ECU already. What you're saying is to 'reload' the .hex file version provided by TuneECU?
    2006 Caponord - Rich's custom seat, drilled stock pipes, Catfish "429" map, Braking wave rotors, Rally Raid Bars/fender, Ricor Intiminators, Skidmarx custom windscreen ( propane torch special ), Bags Connection tank bag

Very good info for me the newbie!

Just one more question, ( because I'm a pain in the Arse)........

When I hook up the TuneECU program, it takes a few seconds to ' convert ' over to where is does indeed pull up my map number, ECU serial, and even changes over to the Aprilia logos on the virtual tachometer. Why can it not then 'read' the map that it is already recognizing?
    ( see upper left)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tuneecu map not present.jpg 
Views:	593 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	151345  

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Fascinating stuff and great work guys! Now if only you could add additional sensors...the perfect storm! I have always thought the lack of a MAP sensor was a poor choice by Sagem.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by moto-abruzzo View Post
    If you can now confirm you have a valid map loaded, you should be able to connect to the bike ...from the 'Map Edit' window, select 'ECU' / 'Download'
    WATCH OUT!

if you want to READ your ECU map, follow Moto-Abruzzo direction and the click

'Map Edit' window, select 'ECU' / 'Read Map'

if you click "download" it will take the map currently on your screen and LOAD it into your ECU!

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by nerald View Post
    I think you will have to wait until Catfish has tested TuneECU with his maps 1st before they will be released in this format.
    Yes, please read this:
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...5&postcount=80

We can convert the maps - but we won't... We'll wait on catfish for that.

The program will only provide full function if it is opened with a map before connection to the bike. I have no idea why. It may be that it needs to have the map populated for comparison. Just because you have a map loaded in the program, it has no effect on your ECU unless you download it.

01 RSV, Micron TI w/TI chip
    06 Triumph Sprint ST
    01 YZ 250

apriliaforum Junkie
    I updated the 1st post with some Tips and tricks and openIssues/comments

apriliaforum Member
    Just wanted to leave a huge THANK YOU

you guys rock , great work , and dedication , and... i believe that using the donate button , will actually make me smille , strange...
    On my way to find some cables on ebay
    2003 RED Caponord 37.000km no farkles , but lots of wrenching
    2006 SV650N 22k Usual farkles , some wrenching to fix farkles

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing View Post
    Fascinating stuff and great work guys! Now if only you could add additional sensors...the perfect storm! I have always thought the lack of a MAP sensor was a poor choice by Sagem.
    Thanks,

I want free money too...
    to bad I don't know how to make it...

We work with what we have, but at least it's free :-)...

any chance we can make it a sticky? I guess it's worth it.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by ELMOSISU View Post
    When I hook up the TuneECU program, it takes a few seconds to ' convert ' over to where is does indeed pull up my map number, ECU serial, and even changes over to the Aprilia logos on the virtual tachometer.
    ( see upper left)
    Look in the bottom right corner the flashing light red/orange/green and read the 1st post again section about tips/tricks.

TuneECU needs to connect first, it's not instant gratification yet, and will never be.

Quote Originally Posted by ELMOSISU View Post
    Why can it not then 'read' the map that it is already recognizing?
    Just because, it's not that hard to load a map into the software before using it. TuneEdit is the same, common a few clicks aren't that bad for free stuff.

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast