Well, a big thank you to Alaine and Crenninger for bringing this piece of software to us - an early Christmas present indeed! Cheers gents ... I'll be raising a glass to you this evening!
Ok, so after breakfast I was out in the garage like a shot ... on the Tuneboy cable drivers it hooked up to the ECU and never dropped connection over the couple of hours I was playing.
All in all I tested any and all functions I could - and ran it back-to-back against Tuneboy/Edit. I generated fault codes, loaded, edited and downloaded maps and the bottom line is, it worked. It never crashed, locked or lost comms.
The only questionable difference I came on was the Rev Limit and Thermo Fan settings ... in TuneBoy they are far more detailed ......
In Tune ECU, much less detailed.
However, Alaine must have code in place to make sure the 'missing' data fields match the one you can change. On changing the rev limit up to 10,000rpm and fan temp down to 104C In TuneECU, everything looks fine when opened in TuneEDIT. So in the end ... Keep-it-simple works!
For those used to looking at TuneEDIT maps, TuneECU might be a bit like riding an old Brit bike (gears & brake swapped) after getting used to 'modern' stuff .... ok, but a bit odd till you get used to it! The X and Y axes of the graphs are swapped over and I found it took a while to get my head around the map layout - mind you, the addition of colour is a fantastic tool for spotting rogue data in the map!
At the end of the day, it does what we want, very well.