Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687
Results 1,291 to 1,294 of 1294

Thread: TuneEcu, Free injection mapping and diagnostic for Caponord/Futura.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    I don't know of any Capo owner who has made that temp measurement. The oil will be warmer than coolant temps, so I doubt you have a problem.

If you are truly paranoid about this, change the mapping & test again. However, I believe it will be a complete waste of time.

Good luck,

Catfish ...
    Jep, it was a waste of time. No difference.
    Unbelievable how poor the original mapping performed. After a short ride immediately back to yours...

apriliaforum newb
    Here is a review of my ETV 1000 Year 2001.
    (no catalysts, no Lambda, no activated carbon filter / canister, no ABS)
    K & N air filter
    Modified intake snorkel (original removed and pipe grown with large diameter)
    MSR exhaust (very similar to Leowince)
    Iridium spark plugs
    slightly modified Catfish MAP (051123_catfish2011.hex)

I drove the bike slightly above 3% Co for several years with the above configuration. Now the legal review in Germany was due. For this I set ITF (Idle Fuel Trim) to 21.1, which corresponds to a Co value of 1.5 - 1.7%. Measured with calibrated Co-Tester. The value has been gradually reduced. (24,2 / 23,4 / 22,7 ....) After each step at least 50km were driven and the value checked. At 21.9 / Co ~ 1.8%, a significant improvement was noted.

The realization is incredible! The machine reacts much cleaner to gas commands in the lower speed ranges. The engine turns much more spontaneously into high speed ranges. Unbelievable how agile the machine can be moved now. Furthermore, the exhaust no longer smells of unburned fuel.

Yesterday I go back and traveling with ITF 21.1 / Co ~ 1.5-1.7%. Result is excellent. Now I'm one step lower, gone back to ITF 20.3 / Co ~ 1.4-1.5. I have not made a test drive with this value yet. I think that might be the best attitude !?

What do you think about that?
    Last edited by Wilhelm; 05-16-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Here is a review of my ETV 1000 Year 2001.
    slightly modified Catfish MAP (051123_catfish2011.hex)

I drove the bike slightly above 3% Co for several years with the above configuration. Now the legal review in Germany was due. For this I set ITF (Idle Fuel Trim) to 21.1, which corresponds to a Co value of 1.5 - 1.7%. Measured with calibrated Co-Tester. The value has been gradually reduced. (24,2 / 23,4 / 22,7 ....) After each step at least 50km were driven and the value checked. At 21.9 / Co ~ 1.8%, a significant improvement was noted.

The realization is incredible! The machine reacts much cleaner to gas commands in the lower speed ranges. The engine turns much more spontaneously into high speed ranges. Unbelievable how agile the machine can be moved now. Furthermore, the exhaust no longer smells of unburned fuel.

Yesterday I go back and traveling with ITF 21.1 / Co ~ 1.5-1.7%. Result is excellent. Now I'm one step lower, gone back to ITF 20.3 / Co ~ 1.4-1.5. I have not made a test drive with this value yet. I think that might be the best attitude !?

What do you think about that?

Your Caponord flows differently than mine! If it runs better with lower idle CO, AND it must meet emissions-testing requirements, then it sounds like a WIN-WIN scenario for everyone!

Good luck with your better-running Caponord!

Catfish ...

apriliaforum newb
    Today i tested one step lower, gone to ITF 20.3 / Co ~ 1.4-1.5. I don't felt a differenze to ITF 21.1 / Co ~ 1.5-1.7%.That's verry good.
    Thanks for your comment! Now i'm very happy with the adjustment.

Because I am always alone and without luggage on the road, I think, i will go back to the original pinion with 17 teeth.

For intrest persons, please have a look to at my Photos to the Air Intake modification on the "Tech-Tips-thread".

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687