Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 367684858687 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1294

Thread: TuneEcu, Free injection mapping and diagnostic for Caponord/Futura.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by skvrnsk View Post
    It depends on whether You have oxygen sensor and charcoal canister (US only?). From Your map choice I assume You don't have none of these. Personaly I didn't noticed any differences between original tuned and 2011 revised versions. Maybe slightly different idling on revised version. And of course You need to check Your exhaust after that and get the right value of CO with IFT parameter. Just follow the Catfish's instructions on his website.

Enviado do meu Redmi 3 através de Tapatalk

apriliaforum newb
    It depends on whether You have oxygen sensor and charcoal canister (US only?). From Your map choice I assume You don't have none of these. Personaly I didn't noticed any differences between original tuned and 2011 revised versions. Maybe slightly different idling on revised version. And of course You need to check Your exhaust after that and get the right value of CO with IFT parameter. Just follow the Catfish's instructions on his website.
    How I know if I have oxygen sensor and charcoal canister?

Charcoal canister is mounted right under the coolant expansion reservoir and lambda sensor is screwed into the exhaust pipe under the engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

apriliaforum newb
    Charcoal canister is mounted right under the coolant expansion reservoir and lambda sensor is screwed into the exhaust pipe under the engine.
    Thanks a lot! I will check!

So I fried my ECU. It happened right after cleaning, so I assume water did the damage.
    Long story short... Futura ECU didn't work for me.

My OEM ECU
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171109_164240.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	350342

Futura ECU

Name:	IMG_20180124_182307.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	173.8 KB 
ID:	350343

New Capo ECU

Name:	0.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	350344

Engine didn't want to work properly with Futura unit. Rough, uneven idle and stalling caused by no communication with o2 sensor. Guys in the workshop who dealt with it tried everything. They changed the sesnor with other unit, they removed it permanently, tried different ignition maps but still they had lambda sensor error. So I bought another unit, removed from Capo and that did the trick. Evetything's fine now.
    Last edited by skvrnsk; 01-27-2018 at 08:22 AM.

So I fried my ECU. It happened right after cleaning, so I assume water did the damage.
    Have you used a pressure washer on the Capo?

No, just a regular garden hose with low pressure, but maybe too much water from the top to flush the foam. Guys in repair shop told me that the ECU was not necessarily fried because of the water. It could be something in wiring, which was messed up and overcomplicated by the previous owner.
    But I got water under both seats always after cleaning and even after light rain. I drilled some draining holes at the lowest points of that underseat plastic cover.
    Last edited by skvrnsk; 01-27-2018 at 10:10 AM.

apriliaforum prov-nov Kennibear's Avatar
    Although it's time consuming I would trace down all the chop job previous owners have done and make sure the hacks have been properly isolated electricly and totally water proofed. In all the cars and bikes that my family has owned used we have found a few with the wiring butchered. We don't mess around anymore, just dig in and find it all and correct it. The first fried radio upgrade proved that out.
    You may try writing a color code wire chart to translate from the Italian as I found that helpful doing the coils.
    If the bike's electrics aren't waterproof the Seattle weather will kill it pronto....

KB

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

It's already done. Service guys had to rip out main cable harness and all that's under the seat to sort it out and cut out all the unnecessary wires. Now it's all properly placed and isolated.

You have good service guys.
    You should thank them....

When buying used it is probably a good idea to take off the pillion and the seat and have a look. I bought from Moto International in Seattle so I was comfortable about the purchase.

KB

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Silly question: But which map is better to use?

I have a Mk2 2004 with Remus cans and link pipes (No baffles and no Cats); Fitted O2 but want to map them out if possible; K&N air filter; Removed snorkel.

I've had to fit a new ECU - currently installed a Catfish 050429_catfish2011 but was wondering if the 051123Map from Stanley would be better suited?

I think the 50429 Catfish map is set up for a canisterectomy. Need to read this forem's earlier posts.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoRinzler View Post
    Silly question: But which map is better to use?

I have a Mk2 2004 with Remus cans and link pipes (No baffles and no Cats); Fitted O2 but want to map them out if possible; K&N air filter; Removed snorkel.

I've had to fit a new ECU - currently installed a Catfish 050429_catfish2011 but was wondering if the 051123Map from Stanley would be better suited?

I'm not familiar with Stanley's 051123 map, so I can't compare.

With your Capo description, I'd recommend you stay with 050429_catfish2011 map.

HOWEVER, with open Remus and K&N air filter, it is probably running 5-10% too lean across the board. My mapping was with oem paper air filter.

With my 050429... mapping, you should increase LTFT from 4.2 to ~10 and find an exhaust sniffer to verify idle CO readings. Let us know if you have any run issues afterwards.

Good luck,

Catfish ...

apriliaforum newb
    Question Catfish. When I measure the temperature of the left side of the engine right after arrival at home, the temp of the gear cover is 95 degrees celcius. Is that normal?
    I can put back the original mapping to see if that makes any changes...

Quote Originally Posted by KappieAppie View Post
    Question Catfish. When I measure the temperature of the left side of the engine right after arrival at home, the temp of the gear cover is 95 degrees celcius. Is that normal?
    I can put back the original mapping to see if that makes any changes...
    I don't know of any Capo owner who has made that temp measurement. The oil will be warmer than coolant temps, so I doubt you have a problem.

If you are truly paranoid about this, change the mapping & test again. However, I believe it will be a complete waste of time.

Good luck,

Catfish ...

Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 367684858687 LastLast