Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: TuneEcu, Free injection mapping and diagnostic for Caponord/Futura.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by moto-abruzzo View Post
    If you can now confirm you have a valid map loaded, you should be able to connect to the bike ...from the 'Map Edit' window, select 'ECU' / 'Download'
    WATCH OUT!

if you want to READ your ECU map, follow Moto-Abruzzo direction and the click

'Map Edit' window, select 'ECU' / 'Read Map'

if you click "download" it will take the map currently on your screen and LOAD it into your ECU!

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by nerald View Post
    I think you will have to wait until Catfish has tested TuneECU with his maps 1st before they will be released in this format.
    Yes, please read this:
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...5&postcount=80

We can convert the maps - but we won't... We'll wait on catfish for that.

apriliaforum expert moto-abruzzo's Avatar
    Top man Crenninger!!!

Apologies to everyone for the cock-up on the post .... lesson one, don't get distracted by emails in the middle of writing a post!

Lesson two ... read the damn thing through before committing to the forum!

I've edited the post to correct it.

Sorry All!
    03 Rally-Raid, 08 dogs, 05 cats, 09 chickens, 08 Kestrel ....and a goat declared SORN

The program will only provide full function if it is opened with a map before connection to the bike. I have no idea why. It may be that it needs to have the map populated for comparison. Just because you have a map loaded in the program, it has no effect on your ECU unless you download it.

01 RSV, Micron TI w/TI chip
    06 Triumph Sprint ST
    01 YZ 250

apriliaforum Junkie
    I updated the 1st post with some Tips and tricks and openIssues/comments

apriliaforum Member
    Just wanted to leave a huge THANK YOU

you guys rock , great work , and dedication , and... i believe that using the donate button , will actually make me smille , strange...
    On my way to find some cables on ebay
    2003 RED Caponord 37.000km no farkles , but lots of wrenching
    2006 SV650N 22k Usual farkles , some wrenching to fix farkles

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing View Post
    Fascinating stuff and great work guys! Now if only you could add additional sensors...the perfect storm! I have always thought the lack of a MAP sensor was a poor choice by Sagem.
    Thanks,

I want free money too...
    to bad I don't know how to make it...

We work with what we have, but at least it's free :-)...

any chance we can make it a sticky? I guess it's worth it.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by ELMOSISU View Post
    When I hook up the TuneECU program, it takes a few seconds to ' convert ' over to where is does indeed pull up my map number, ECU serial, and even changes over to the Aprilia logos on the virtual tachometer.
    ( see upper left)
    Look in the bottom right corner the flashing light red/orange/green and read the 1st post again section about tips/tricks.

TuneECU needs to connect first, it's not instant gratification yet, and will never be.

Why can it not then 'read' the map that it is already recognizing?
    Just because, it's not that hard to load a map into the software before using it. TuneEdit is the same, common a few clicks aren't that bad for free stuff.

6.1 - The voltage indication in the bottom left corner seems to be 0.5 to 0.6V over the voltage at the battery
    TuneBoy has also always shown my voltage as approx. 0.4v higher than a measured battery voltage.
    03 Rally-Raid, 08 dogs, 05 cats, 09 chickens, 08 Kestrel ....and a goat declared SORN

Quote Originally Posted by moto-abruzzo View Post

The latest tunes are:

050428 if you don't have cat converters (bulges in the exhaust link pipes behind the heat shileds) - or

050429 if you do have cats.

050428 and 050429 are both for Caponords with cats & O2 sensor.

The difference is that 050428 REQUIRES the purge-control valve be connected to the ECU for the charcoal-canister & fuel-vapor recovery plumbing that USA & some other models came with.

See my map page for the details of all THREE current available maps from Aprilia.

Catfish ...

Ah well, that's two cock-ups ..... time to sit on the naughty step for a year or two.

Very good info, guys....... I will give the 429 map a try as per your instructions.
    2006 Caponord - Rich's custom seat, drilled stock pipes, Catfish "429" map, Braking wave rotors, Rally Raid Bars/fender, Ricor Intiminators, Skidmarx custom windscreen ( propane torch special ), Bags Connection tank bag
    2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

apriliaforum Junkie
    Very good info, guys....... I will give the 429 map a try as per your instructions.
    BEFORE YOU DO, what do you have in your bike?

likely you have that one already.

Quote Originally Posted by nerald View Post
    I think you will have to wait until Catfish has tested TuneECU with his maps 1st before they will be released in this format.
    Quote Originally Posted by crenninger View Post
    Yes, please read this:
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...5&postcount=80

We can convert the maps - but we won't... We'll wait on catfish for that.

Since its going to be 2-3 weeks before I can start testing TuneECU myself, it maybe Christmas before _I_ get these conversions available on my web pages.

I have no problem with a TuneECU-knowledgeable person converting my existing maps & making them available for TESTING PURPOSES ONLY at this time. Everyone just needs to realize that I have not used or converted any maps myself yet, so whatever you load into your Caponord did NOT come directly from me. This means that the file COULD be different from what I originally provided. Incorrect values in fuel or ignition maps can DESTROY YOUR MOTOR! Proceed with caution.

So, good luck & let us know how things go!

Catfish ...

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Since its going to be 2-3 weeks before I can start testing TuneECU myself, it maybe Christmas before _I_ get these conversions available on my web pages.

I have no problem with a TuneECU-knowledgeable person converting my existing maps & making them available for TESTING PURPOSES ONLY at this time. Everyone just needs to realize that I have not used or converted any maps myself yet, so whatever you load into your Caponord did NOT come directly from me. This means that the file COULD be different from what I originally provided. Incorrect values in fuel or ignition maps can DESTROY YOUR MOTOR! Proceed with caution.

So, good luck & let us know how things go!

Catfish ...
    I could do... but who's a layer so they can tell me the proper language to put in my post before I provide the maps :-)))

catfish, ok with this?

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast