Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1078

Thread: TuneEcu, Free injection mapping and diagnostic for Caponord/Futura.

  1. #46
    apriliaforum expert catfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Morgan Territory, CA
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by moto-abruzzo View Post
    ...

    The latest tunes are:

    050428 if you don't have cat converters (bulges in the exhaust link pipes behind the heat shileds) - or

    050429 if you do have cats.
    ...

    050428 and 050429 are both for Caponords with cats & O2 sensor.

    The difference is that 050428 REQUIRES the purge-control valve be connected to the ECU for the charcoal-canister & fuel-vapor recovery plumbing that USA & some other models came with.

    See my map page for the details of all THREE current available maps from Aprilia.


    Catfish ...

  2. #47
    apriliaforum expert ELMOSISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cottage Grove, OR
    Posts
    1,058
    Very good info, guys....... I will give the 429 map a try as per your instructions.
    2006 Caponord - Rich's custom seat, drilled stock pipes, Catfish "429" map, Braking wave rotors, Rally Raid Bars/fender, Ricor Intiminators, Skidmarx custom windscreen ( propane torch special ), Bags Connection tank bag
    2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

  3. #48
    apriliaforum Junkie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Redwood City, CA - USA
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by ELMOSISU View Post
    Very good info, guys....... I will give the 429 map a try as per your instructions.
    BEFORE YOU DO, what do you have in your bike?

    likely you have that one already.

  4. #49
    apriliaforum expert catfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Morgan Territory, CA
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by nerald View Post
    I think you will have to wait until Catfish has tested TuneECU with his maps 1st before they will be released in this format.
    Quote Originally Posted by crenninger View Post
    Yes, please read this:
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...5&postcount=80

    We can convert the maps - but we won't... We'll wait on catfish for that.

    Since its going to be 2-3 weeks before I can start testing TuneECU myself, it maybe Christmas before _I_ get these conversions available on my web pages.

    I have no problem with a TuneECU-knowledgeable person converting my existing maps & making them available for TESTING PURPOSES ONLY at this time. Everyone just needs to realize that I have not used or converted any maps myself yet, so whatever you load into your Caponord did NOT come directly from me. This means that the file COULD be different from what I originally provided. Incorrect values in fuel or ignition maps can DESTROY YOUR MOTOR! Proceed with caution.

    So, good luck & let us know how things go!

    Catfish ...

  5. #50
    apriliaforum Junkie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Redwood City, CA - USA
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Since its going to be 2-3 weeks before I can start testing TuneECU myself, it maybe Christmas before _I_ get these conversions available on my web pages.

    I have no problem with a TuneECU-knowledgeable person converting my existing maps & making them available for TESTING PURPOSES ONLY at this time. Everyone just needs to realize that I have not used or converted any maps myself yet, so whatever you load into your Caponord did NOT come directly from me. This means that the file COULD be different from what I originally provided. Incorrect values in fuel or ignition maps can DESTROY YOUR MOTOR! Proceed with caution.

    So, good luck & let us know how things go!

    Catfish ...
    I could do... but who's a layer so they can tell me the proper language to put in my post before I provide the maps :-)))

    catfish, ok with this?

  6. #51
    apriliaforum expert catfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Morgan Territory, CA
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by crenninger View Post
    I could do... but who's a layer so they can tell me the proper language to put in my post before I provide the maps :-)))

    catfish, ok with this?

    Yes ... as long as we get to SHOOT the lawyer when you are done with him!


    Catfish ...

  7. #52
    apriliaforum Member Sarctom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    130
    I think that in this winter capos will run more often than in the last Nice work!

    And don`t worry about lawyers, capo ovners know when they screw up, and don`t blame others we proudly present all the fulish stuf we made on this forum

    T.

  8. #53
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    63

    Flashing services

    For some of us that is less than talented I would be willing to pay someone to reflash my ECU after I pull it and mailing it out then back??? BobL.

  9. #54
    apriliaforum expert ELMOSISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cottage Grove, OR
    Posts
    1,058
    Quote Originally Posted by crenninger View Post
    BEFORE YOU DO, what do you have in your bike?

    likely you have that one already.
    yes, I have the 429 map already, loaded stock from the factory.

    I was under the impression that I should be able to 'see' a map in the map section of TuneECU, and that now it appears I need to hook it back up to the bike, and load the .hex 429 map?

    Do I need to load the .hex map of the 429 into TuneECU in order to see my current map? ( which should be the same?)

    I'm not sure what I am trying to do other than getting a .hex file to email to you. Just a little confused.


    (BTW. the green light is always flashing in the lower right. the screen shots apparently miss the "on" flashes.)

    At this point, there are no changes that I would want to do until Catfish's map is ready.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tuneecu map not present.jpg 
Views:	448 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	151361  

    2006 Caponord - Rich's custom seat, drilled stock pipes, Catfish "429" map, Braking wave rotors, Rally Raid Bars/fender, Ricor Intiminators, Skidmarx custom windscreen ( propane torch special ), Bags Connection tank bag
    2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

  10. #55
    apriliaforum Junkie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Redwood City, CA - USA
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by ELMOSISU View Post
    yes, I have the 429 map already, loaded stock from the factory.

    I was under the impression that I should be able to 'see' a map in the map section of TuneECU, and that now it appears I need to hook it back up to the bike, and load the .hex 429 map?

    Do I need to load the .hex map of the 429 into TuneECU in order to see my current map? ( which should be the same?)

    I'm not sure what I am trying to do other than getting a .hex file to email to you. Just a little confused.


    (BTW. the green light is always flashing in the lower right. the screen shots apparently miss the "on" flashes.)

    At this point, there are no changes that I would want to do until Catfish's map is ready.
    Follow Moto-Abruzzo instructions step by step.

  11. #56
    apriliaforum Junkie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Redwood City, CA - USA
    Posts
    403
    Originally Posted by 2pist View Post
    Radio shack sells the 6 pin molex connector for a whopping $2.59 It's available in store..
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062448
    did you buy it and confirm it works?
    I have a radio shack close by, I'll check it out this week.
    Just bought some, they are the proper connectors.

  12. #57
    apriliaforum prov-nov Tom_Hamburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    51
    Good day,

    I'm Tom and I am the operator for the homepage www.tuneecu.com
    Your Christian has kindly asked me to visit your page.

    For problems with the software please contact on Alain.
    New Maps, You may send you to me or Alain.

    Sorry for my bad English but I hope you can understand me.

    BR, Tom
    TuneECU

    Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Triumph Rocket Roadster

  13. #58
    apriliaforum expert ELMOSISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cottage Grove, OR
    Posts
    1,058
    Quote Originally Posted by crenninger View Post
    Follow Moto-Abruzzo instructions step by step.

    I missed Moto Abruzzo's clear directions

    sorry guys. you've been patient!!

    see what I was able to do:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tuneecu screen shot hex 429 map loaded.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	151376  

    2006 Caponord - Rich's custom seat, drilled stock pipes, Catfish "429" map, Braking wave rotors, Rally Raid Bars/fender, Ricor Intiminators, Skidmarx custom windscreen ( propane torch special ), Bags Connection tank bag
    2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

  14. #59
    apriliaforum expert 2pist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,859
    Quote Originally Posted by crenninger View Post
    Just bought some, they are the proper connectors.
    I figured. I don't own a Capo so I couldn't try. I Used the standard molex two pin connectors from radio shack for a pair of turn signals i built and they worked pefect. So, I figured these would too.

    01 RSV, Micron TI w/TI chip
    06 Triumph Sprint ST
    01 YZ 250

  15. #60
    apriliaforum Junkie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Redwood City, CA - USA
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by ELMOSISU View Post
    I missed Moto Abruzzo's clear directions

    sorry guys. you've been patient!!

    see what I was able to do:
    Was this read from your ECU or loaded from Hex file

Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •