Thread: I did it! I changed the clock battery on El Pavo!

I did it! I changed the clock battery on El Pavo!

On a scale of 1-10, it was about a 5 on the PITA meter. No problems, but difficult to get at and not something I'd want to do every few months. The best thing is that while I had the windshield off I polished the chrome on the windshield supports and mirrors. Oh my what a sexy scoot now! Look out, ragazza!
    Jay
    2001 Scarabeo 150 - "El Pavo"

apriliaforum expert
    this only gets done bout every six years or so

Can't imagine I'll still have El Pavo 6 years from now, but you never know. The last 2 months have been fun! Thanks for your guidance on the battery change, tomd.
    Jay
    2001 Scarabeo 150 - "El Pavo"

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I just replaced the clock battery on my 01 beo 150 and just wanted all to know the battery they used from the factory is tough to find. I found an almost exact match with a duracell 301/386 . Same diameter, but thickness is .005" less. Works great.

apriliaforum Member
    The Maxell LR43 may not be available any more. Walgreens had the Energizer 386, and the packaging says it's the replacement for the LR43. It fit and works fine in my clock.
    Steve
    Steve

apriliaforum expert
    don't rem wht I put in mine but it doesn't fit correctly etc loses conn and data .I've mounted devices that take care of clock etc so someday maybe will try agin

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Seeley View Post
    On a scale of 1-10, it was about a 5 on the PITA meter. No problems, but difficult to get at and not something I'd want to do every few months. The best thing is that while I had the windshield off I polished the chrome on the windshield supports and mirrors. Oh my what a sexy scoot now! Look out, ragazza!
    Hello Jay Seeley,

I have the same problem, need to change the battery clock on my 2002 Scarabeo.
    Can you please tell me, step by step (with pictures would be great) how you do it?

Thank you very much,

apriliaforum expert
    there should be plenty of my pics here somewhere you just take off platic around the dash like 9-11 screws two tricky ones from behind i showed close ups in pics

apriliaforum prov-nov motoniko77's Avatar
    great job

Hello !
    Scarabeo 200GT - 2002 - Rotax
    http://www.loscarabeorotax.com/

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd View Post
    there should be plenty of my pics here somewhere you just take off platic around the dash like 9-11 screws two tricky ones from behind i showed close ups in pics
    I too need to replace the battery but a search for your pictures resulted in nada for me. ANy hint where i amy find them?

thanks

Olie

what is the correct battery?? I found lots of Maxell LR43, mentioned above.

>>
    Ispud
    2008 200 Scarabeo (fool me once) spooky
    2009 Kymco People 250 S Work horse
    2006 Honda Big Ruckus (sold 10-14)
    2004 500 Scarabeo Cadilac
    2006 S250 sold for top dollar
    2013 BV350 screwing with me bit time
    2009 SC250 Cube (whatever that means) sold...never liked it

apriliaforum prov-nov
    My clock, which I did put a new battery in, several years ago, always works only intermittently. I may have installed the wrong battery type. This is on my 2001 150. I remember it being a big pain in the butt as the plastic pieces don' t fit precisely and I broke a little plastic tab in the process. Now I just guess the time or look at watch. Don't matter no how, 'cause I's semi retired now, so just look up at the sun like original American Indian. Not going back in there. Whatever you do don't drop a screw down into the fuselage!!
    Last edited by home smoke; 01-30-2014 at 01:32 PM.

apriliaforum newb

Clock battery

Quote Originally Posted by ducati2 View Post
    I just replaced the clock battery on my 01 beo 150 and just wanted all to know the battery they used from the factory is tough to find. I found an almost exact match with a duracell 301/386 . Same diameter, but thickness is .005" less. Works great.
    How do I change the clock battery??..

apriliaforum prov-nov Pinkscoot's Avatar
    This is a great tutorial https://www.loscarabeorotax.com/manu...ogio-cruscotto. Use Google and translate it from Italian.
    Italian scoots owned: 2003 Scarabeo 150, 1998 Italjet Velocifero, 2009 Vespa GTS 250, 2012 Vespa S50, 2007 BV 250, 1977 150 Sprint Veloce (future project) and Vespa ET2 (future project)