Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: WHO ARE YOU?An introduction

Forgot to mention that stator was ok. Ordered an FH008ED. Thanks for your help (northernkiwi in particular) and everyone for filling the site with very useful info!

apriliaforum expert northernkiwi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matisse View Post
    Did today the first steps on fixing charging. I'm surprised I got any current through from the R/R. One of the wires was practically cut already. After peeling insulation to get some conducting copper visible, there was so little wire left, that I needed an extension to reach the yellow wires coming from the stator. It's an ugly temporary fix, but gave me an extra volt. I'll order an FH008 asap. If you google FH008EE in ebay.de you'll see them at 189, 110 or 89 EUR. Do you know if those cheap ones from Italy are ok or crap? Do I need to remove the tank to check if the fuel connectors have been changed? I'd like to do that at the same time as the front brown connector.

Or Stanleybobly, if you see this post, how much would you ask for the wiring kit with the RR (or if you don't have one lying around, without it)? I think I can't PM yet.
    you dont need to remove the tank completely but you will need to unscrew everything holding it on, then just lift it up. FH008 is the honda replacement so i do not think they are a copy, just second hand from cbr's or goldwings. if you check the what did you do to Your capo thread you will find a recent post about the Connectors. sorry here instead
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...ord-fuel-lines
    Current:
    2004 capo - the grey one
    Oberon clutch slave, 4cm extra foam in riders seat, RR back shock , Hagon progressive front springs, 4 techauto coils, AF1 fuel line and metal connectors, both brown connectors replaced with direct wiring, kappa racks and Big Husky 46l cases, hepco becker junior top case,mandatory capo stickers, cbr honda mosfet rectifier. Grant of watford,s map.
    Previous:
    Honda CB 360
    Kawasaki Z1 900
    86 Yamaha xj 900
    knees in the breeze is my only disease

apriliaforum newb
    Hi guys.

I'm new in the forum, but I read a lot already about the Caponord. The community that this bike has in The Internet is the main reason I got one.

As you might have though already the color of my Caponord is Hiltonblue .

Thanks for the community you have created.

hiltonblue.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hi all,

Name is Krystian and I live in London.
    I just got a low millage '06 plate Caponord 1000 ETV.
    I like the bike very much, both looks and riding wise.

I have a couple of small issues with it (who doesn't with an Italian bike?), but I will touch those on a separate topic.

Thanks in advance for all the advice!

Cheers,

Krystian.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi Guys - Don't if I have introduced myself yet but here we go. I'm Simon in East Yorkshire, UK and had my Capo for 3 years now. This was my first road bike after a 17 year break ( got married, kids etc) It was a very clean bike that I bought - runs and sounds well. Fortunately the coils had been done prior to my purchase. Nearly had a fiery end whilst on tour in Germany when the fuel line plastic quick connects decided to disintegrated. (replaced with new fuel lines & SS connectors). Thanks all BTW on the forum as I also then learned so much, especially about the brown connector and wiring mod and yes, the brown connector was in very poor shape. so spliced and soldered new cables, installed the waterproof connectors at the rectifier and improved the charge & earth points as described here on the forum ( good voltage now + 14v @ 4k rpm ) So all go and runs great - but sadly I may leave you guys soon as thinking of another steed ( just for a change you know ) If I had the space I'd keep it but....... So if anyone knows of someone who might be interested, please PM me, it will be getting advertised soon ( plenty of MOT - full luggage & new brake pads last year )
    Switzerland 2016
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Switzerland 2016 2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	513.5 KB 
ID:	350544
    Last edited by sgarth42; 01-31-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sgarth42 View Post
    Hi Guys - Don't if I have introduced myself yet but here we go. I'm Simon in East Yorkshire, UK and had my Capo for 3 years now. This was my first road bike after a 17 year break ( got married, kids etc) It was a very clean bike that I bought - runs and sounds well. Fortunately the coils had been done prior to my purchase. Nearly had a fiery end whilst on tour in Germany when the fuel line plastic quick connects decided to disintegrated. (replaced with new fuel lines & SS connectors). Thanks all BTW on the forum as I also then learned so much, especially about the brown connector and wiring mod and yes, the brown connector was in very poor shape. so spliced and soldered new cables, installed the waterproof connectors at the rectifier and improved the charge & earth points as described here on the forum ( good voltage now + 14v @ 4k rpm ) So all go and runs great - but sadly I may leave you guys soon as thinking of another steed ( just for a change you know ) If I had the space I'd keep it but....... So if anyone knows of someone who might be interested, please PM me, it will be getting advertised soon ( plenty of MOT - full luggage & new brake pads last year )
    Switzerland 2016

Name:	Switzerland 2016 2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	513.5 KB 
ID:	350544
    That's odd you introduce yourself at the beginning not lerk about for 3 years then post your 1st post saying your selling the bike some people

Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    That's odd you introduce yourself at the beginning not lerk about for 3 years then post your 1st post saying your selling the bike some people

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu_O View Post
    You are right though. Spent 1st year getting to know the bike without realising there was a forum for these. Then had issues with fuel lines and started investigating the problems with these and found the forum. "Bit late then" you might justifyably say. However having fixed the issues got back to riding and enjoying the machine. Ireland 1st year, France, Germany (B500) switzerland & belguim 2nd year and Normandy last year. Just popping on the forum now and again. Just really wanted to say thanks for help & info to enable me keep it on the road and enjoying it thoroughly. I wish all marquees had such an active forum with such good people.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

apriliaforum newb

introducing

Hey all,

After lurking some time think its about time to introduce myself.
    Name is Arjan, 50y, en owning the capo for about 2 years now.
    I do all the maintenance myself, and probably can tribute here and there.
    Still learning tough, so glad there is such a database as this forum (and the dutch one where i been partly active)

Daily im working in my own business, and for hobby i'l drive and do motorcross.
    Italian technics are my favorite! I drive a Alfa romeo Giulia, for hobby and touring a Guzzi California form 1992, and for the cross a Beta rr300.
    Main bike to drive when the weather is dry, is the Capo!
    Name:  20150620_154406116_iOS.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  147.5 KB

Welcome Arjan.

You will find most answers you require, on this Forum.

There are other Caponord owners from your country who drop in here.
    Edie Dijk is a good friend of mine: let me know if you wish to be put in touch with him.

Regards/ Tot Siens
    AndyB

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks Andy,

I dont know Edie, but most are under a nick at the dutch forum.

Ps nice shot with the dutch greet, almost good! > Tot ziens

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 2006 Caponord, in black and appearing fresh out of diapers. It hasn't had much use so everything is as it came new including the tires. I'm trying to wrap my head around what to deal with first as with great weather just ahead I'd rather ride than sit and look at it. I've always wanted a Caponord and I'd like to make having as good as wanting.

Hans

apriliaforum newb
    I picked up my new (to me) 02 Caponord last night having been watching/considering it whilst the previous owner attempted to sell it. It's been on sale (privately) since October and the price has dropped by a third in that time, so last night I figured it had pretty much bottomed out and was worth a punt.

I have recently had what i call a "change of lifestyle", dropped out of the rat-race, moved to a small Mediterranean island and sold all of my "toys" to fund the move. The two last bikes I sold to make this move were my Buell XB12XT (Ulysses) and my Victory.

I bought a Kawasaki ZR7 as a runaround but wanted something a little more "interesting" hence the Aprilia.

The bike has a upgraded clutch slave cylinder, some additional earth points, a voltmeter and ~54,000 kilometers showing. It came with full Givi luggage and seems to be in excellent condition (one of the benefits of living in a place with ~300 days of sunshine).

I'm looking forward to riding to some of the more "remote" bays and beaches that the ZR7 would've struggled to get to.

So far everything seems to be fully functional, the bike has a good service history and receipts for a few jobs (most recently a couple of coils and a new fuel pump).

Fingers crossed :-)

Name:	Caponord1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	353626

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243