Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ducati makes a muscle bike

Quote Originally Posted by RossGuzzi View Post
    Typical Guzzi stuff up ! They should sell them in the US.

The Bellagio by all reports is a ripper of a bike. Not my cup of tea, but would run rings around most cruisers.

Now the Drivvel , well this could be the start of decent handling muscle bikes. But my god what an ugly fugly !
    I had a Gen-U-Ine Moto Guzzi Ambassador 5 years ago. What a tank. But I LOVED it! The Bellagio seems to me to be everything that was fun and cool about the Ambo AND also have the ability to accelerate and corner without dragging mufflers. Very Good. (the Ambo threw sparks off the muffler in hairpins)
    ya ever chase a squid on a riceburner egg bike in the hills on a Guzzi?? He thinks he is being shadowed by a Harley and it makes him soil himself.

DungeonMaster
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

"Maybe it's narcissistic but having a motorcycle that no one else is riding can make you feel like it was made especially for you"
    - Alexander George. Road & Track

2007 Moto Guzzi Griso
    1984 Moto Guzzi V65
    1988 Yamaha FZ750 rat bike

Quote Originally Posted by BatuKMan View Post
    The only Ducati I wouldn't want in my garage.
    2015 RED Capo Too many smiles to the gallon!
    2006 Capo, Still one of my favorites! Sold: at AF1 Austin
    Ducati St4s 03, (My ride in bella Italia)
    Old Faithful Triumph Daytona T595...1998
    2006 Triumph Speed Triple sold
    1986 Yamaha FZ(sold)

Ferrucio made tractors first!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill in OKC View Post
    Or a Lamborghini SUV
    Hey hey, the lambo was original tank SUV in the 80's and lets not forget, they made tractors first and then came the sports cars
    1986 Yamaha FZ(sold)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by vtrandall View Post
    Saw the Diavel at the SF bike show.....hmmm....how to put this.

It's not saying much but it's not as ugly in person as I would have suspected...it was smaller than I expected. The seat is problematic as it really locks you into one position (at least for my 6'1"-ish frame).
    still have no desire to ever own one

FYI the girl was about 5'6"-ish....I think
    Keep the cruiser, I'll take the girl!
    Cruisers suck big time, an abomination to motorcycling! IMHO
    1986 Yamaha FZ(sold)

it's not too bad, then again it's an answer to a question no one asked. 240 rear tire, under body spring, wheels much like rolandsands. Seat is comfy and it seams to keep you there. The tank is like sitting behind the hood of a '50 merc. The pull out grab rail and pass pegs were nicely styled. Normal peg position and somewhat neutral ergos, feels light too.
    kinda weird and well there's other bikes i'd rather have. it was very "Tom Cruise"...

side note. It and the 1200 'strada had a gasket material sticking out of the water pump. It gave the impression the water pump housing didn't fit which on a black motor makes it appear cheapish

Quote Originally Posted by SF2DieHard View Post
    I had a Gen-U-Ine Moto Guzzi Ambassador 5 years ago. What a tank. But I LOVED it! The Bellagio seems to me to be everything that was fun and cool about the Ambo AND also have the ability to accelerate and corner without dragging mufflers. Very Good. (the Ambo threw sparks off the muffler in hairpins)
    ya ever chase a squid on a riceburner egg bike in the hills on a Guzzi?? He thinks he is being shadowed by a Harley and it makes him soil himself.

DungeonMaster
    Yeh, use to pass plenty of jappers on my V10 Centauro. THAT pissed em off big time !
    Tuono Racing + KTM 990 Adventure =

Quote Originally Posted by SF2DieHard View Post

DungeonMaster
    I even smoked a Vrod on my V11, that thing could handle quite well for a ditch pump.
    Life's too short to ride, drink, or smoke crap.
    Rides-
    00' Guzzi V11 Sport custom, (sold)
    07.5 Aprilia RSVR trick, (totaled)
    98 Ducati ST2 (SOLD)
    09 DD750 nicely equipped.

You have to hand it to Ducati - they do cover a wide range of motorcycles and they're all pretty cool including this latest retro-styled GT1000:

Just saying.... Plus I just picked up a 999, which I love by the way, and that makes me a bigger Duc fan.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by evandewan View Post
    Is another man's schwiiiiiinnnng! I just threw up in my pants a little...
    +1 I like it. Would like it more id the pipes were split, one on each side...

Sorry you think it's intolerant of me to not tolerate your intolerance.

2007 RSVR 1000- Yeah, It has a few upgrades.....

We used to earn the things we desired in life. Now we're just encouraged to put our hand in the next guy's pocket.

- Don't go where trouble is likely to find you.
    - Some people attract trouble. Don't associate with them.
    - If you're minding your own business and trouble finds you anyway, do what it takes to de-escalate and walk away.
    - If walking away isn't a viable option, consider running.
    - If you have considered and/or exhausted all of your other options and you must fight to defend yourself, fight to kill.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBenGuzzi View Post
    REALLY? you should see the ducati shops here, shirts, hats, leathers, every shop that sells ducati's just packed with merchandise almost obscuring the bikes.
    That maybe but how many NON-HD riders do you see sporting the stuff every single moment of the day (when they can)? They sell it be cause it's high profit margin, easy to sell stuff. They know there will be tire kickers and dreamers that come in and while they may not buy a bike, they may buy something small to daydream about.

They may have some stuff to wear when riding or posters or hats but Come on, I see HD riders and wanna be make the crap the basis for entire wardrobe and home decor!

We used to earn the things we desired in life. Now we're just encouraged to put our hand in the next guy's pocket.

- If you're minding your own business and trouble finds you anyway, do what it takes to de-escalate and walk away.
    - If you have considered and/or exhausted all of your other options and you must fight to defend yourself, fight to kill.

apriliaforum expert
    Ducati promo vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6VgMLkqlBo

If a goldwing can be ridden like this at the Gap, then I think this Ducati will do just fine....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

Homemade Ducati Muscle bike...Looks cool as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-TaQbb5kbE
    Last edited by scubacat; 12-26-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456