Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Box/Case Bracket Support plate

apriliaforum newb

Top Box/Case Bracket Support plate

Hello All,

I recently bought a top box (city 35) but didn't realize that I needed a support plate till I finally was able to afford the luggage rack. So now I have the box and the rack but no way to attach the box to the rack.

Does anyone know if you can buy the support plate by itself? My wife had a "come to Jesus" mtg with our local aprilia dealer (after a 3 week wait on a warranty repair). So they aren't being to helpful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

apriliaforum Member
    If you are using the Givi rack you can get the support plate from any Givi dealer, part number M5M. If you are using the Aprilia original rack, the E250 Givi universal plate is what you want. Take a look here http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...=169417&page=4

apriliaforum newb
    mt682.....just to clarify....that will fit aprilia's top box? This isn't a givi topbox. Both the box and the rack are aprilia's
    Last edited by code911; 08-20-2010 at 08:53 AM.

apriliaforum expert
    the Givi E250 is a monokey plate, it's got two raised T-shaped latches that hold the front of the topbox. I know that it's different than the CM220401 topbox and 858541 rack from aprilia on my mana. The CM220401uses a different mounting plate that is like the givi monolock, not the monokey.

BTW, having had a loaded topbox fall off the back of a bike at speed with my wife on the back, I can recommend that the smart course of action is to get the topbox, topbox mounting plate and rack that all go together.

apriliaforum newb
    I appreciate everyone's help. I didn't realize how unclear my original post was until I started getting responses. I do have the aprilia rack (part 858541) and the aprilia case 35l (part CM220401). I guess I'm in need of the mounting plate to mate those two together.

Thanks again for your help

Charlie

apriliaforum Member
    I was under the impression that all you needed was the City35 box and the mana rear rack. I just mounted my rear rack but the top box hasnt arrived yet so I cant confirm the situation. I will keep an eye on this thread...

apriliaforum newb
    Chamberlin....from what some people say, that is true because the support plate comes with the topbox. When I ordered my topbox it did say the box only...so didn't realize that I needed anything else besides the box and luggage rack.

apriliaforum Member
    Hey Code, looks like we got our top boxes from the same (crappy) outfit.... just got mine yesterday, and guess what, no fricking mounting plate.... yes I am PO'd.... they said the package was OEM and new unopened... There wasn't even any instructions or hardware in the box. The part number listed on the Aprilia cardboard box is CM220401, and as far as I understand it, that part should be complete with the mounting plate for this Givi made (Aprilia branded) City 35 box. Of course I could just drill holes and mount the damn thing, but the whole point of having this cool luggage is detach-ability! Did you find out anything further?

apriliaforum newb
    Chamberlin.....Sorry you got messed over too. My ad at least said that it was the box only (Didn't know I needed anything else) I did find out that the givi universal doesn't fit. I think I'm going to drill and use flat plate to reinforce on the inside. I called a couple of dealers but I've gotten different part #'s so who knows what I would get

apriliaforum Member
    Just to let you know, my ad also said box only, however they also said new OEM, in which the item should have arrived with all accesories, instructions, hardware etc... They also made it sound like it was "top box only" as not to make you think it came with the add-on color panel or back rest.... Obviously i know it doesnt come with those items, but it should have come with the plate. I bet they raped the boxes for the plate and sold them to vespa buyers, and now we are stuck with no way to get the plate from Givi... Anyways, I haved emailed them (the seller) yesterday but no response yet. I'll let you know what i find out.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamberlin View Post
    Just to let you know, my ad also said box only, however they also said new OEM, in which the item should have arrived with all accesories, instructions, hardware etc... They also made it sound like it was "top box only" as not to make you think it came with the add-on color panel or back rest.... Obviously i know it doesnt come with those items, but it should have come with the plate. I bet they raped the boxes for the plate and sold them to vespa buyers, and now we are stuck with no way to get the plate from Givi... Anyways, I haved emailed them (the seller) yesterday but no response yet. I'll let you know what i find out.
    Ok..thanks...who was your seller. Mine was Motoretta (Ebay name)

Thanks

apriliaforum Member
    Mine was "urbanmotorsparts"

apriliaforum expert
    I was just told that the aprilia CM220401 topbox is not compatible with Z113C monolock mounting plate from givi. :-(
    Last edited by slowmike; 09-01-2010 at 09:34 AM.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowmike View Post
    I was just told that the aprilia CM220401 topbox is not compatible with Z113C monolock mounting plate from givi. :-(
    Oh crap- well I'll let you know for sure since i just bought one a few minutes ago...

apriliaforum Junkie SapperPest19's Avatar
    Typically in the computer parts world, OEM means you get the part you pay for in a plain white box at a cheaper price because you don't have to pay for extra like tools, instructions, etc. It is usually intended for someone who is familiar with the parts and has the knowledge and tools to install the part. Does OEM mean something different in the cycle parts world?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast