Thread: Sweet new home--Hi to Aprilia Forum

Sweet new home--Hi to Aprilia Forum

For years my friend with an SR50 Ditech (and a 2nd after it was stolen), now with an RS125, raved about this forum.

I've got my first Italian motorcycle, just happens to have an extra wheel and branded as the Gilera Fuoco 500.

I was at MV forum and saw this thread linked:
    http://apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173153

And I knew I found a new home I've just ordered the silicon elbow for throttle body to pod filter, and will be bidding on an AEM dryflow pod filter.

I'll need to get a Scarabeo BV500 hugger to try and keep dirt off the filter.

Some Dr Pulley 16g and 17g slide rollers are in transit hopefully so there should be a gap between acceleration and power tests. I have an LV pipe on from previous owner (repairable writeoff).

This is my first EFI vehicle since a TL1000S, had a TRX850 and SRV250 sold for the MP3, I had a DR650 thumper prior to that so am in tune to thumpers. Currently also have a couple small thumpers TW200 road trail and SDR200 two stroke cafe racer.

cheers,
    David.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepFraught;2576150
    I was at MV forum and saw this thread linked:
    [url
    http://apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173153[/url]

And I knew I found a new home I've just ordered the silicon elbow for throttle body to pod filter, and will be bidding on an AEM dryflow pod filter.

I'll need to get a Scarabeo BV500 hugger to try and keep dirt off the filter.

Some Dr Pulley 16g and 17g slide rollers are in transit hopefully so there should be a gap between acceleration and power tests. I have an LV pipe on from previous owner (repairable writeoff).
    cheers,
    David.
    I agree, the MV forum certainly has lots of neat info. I become a bit annoyed at times with some of the 'fluffy' stuff, but in between there is lots of meat.
    I hope you'll post pics. showing the new intake set-up when available.

Last week I replaced the airbox with a NAPA paper filter, plus a 2" 90 deg. elbow. Tried downloading photo unsuccessfully, but will try again later.

Welcome aboard........r

apriliaforum expert
    you want to upload a photo to here and you download to your machine from wherever good luck

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Rank Bajin View Post
    ...Last week I replaced the airbox with a NAPA paper filter, plus a 2" 90 deg. elbow....
    You might want to take a look at the MV forum topic for Airbox Modifications. It will will fit any Master 4/500 airbox.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd View Post
    you want to upload a photo to here and you download to your machine from wherever good luck
    Gotcha......thanks