Thread: Squeal at takeoff?

apriliaforum prov-nov

Squeal at takeoff?

OK....... another squeal thread. It might be the same might not. Doesnt matter what gear but when i takeoff from a stop it squeals like a pig , and it sounds like its coming from the starter area. Then i was offroading pretty hard and i went to start the bike it made the same squeal when pressing the starter only just barely spinning the engine, not enough to fire it up. Took it to mechanic, he said he pulled the starter greased starter bushing, remapped and said it was good. Well i can start the bike but its making the same noise at takeoff, so i guess it might leave me stranded. What can i tell the mechanic. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks

taking a breather...
    THe clutch is known to squeal in certain temps or riding conditions. I would change the gear box oil to a high quality gear lube like Red line shock proof.

If this does not fix it then you have at least removed one possibility.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Im using agip 10w60 in gearbox

taking a breather...
    Quote Originally Posted by new09rxv550 View Post
    Im using agip 10w60 in gearbox
    This is engine oil. I know they say it is OK but---gear lubes such as Redline are designed for the stresses unique to the gear box. I would still change the gear oil to see if this is the problem.