Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda CBR600RR Mosfet Rectifier Mod

That´s why a soldered crimp does not have this problem.
    The solder will fill any space where oxidation can occur in the crimp
    2001 RST Futura in stream Silver.
    Mods: Modified Öhlins fork from mille R, EBC brake discs, HEL front brakelines, Carbon RS 250 front fender, Wiring mod for charging. Engine related:05 map, Iridium plugs, tuneboy, derestriced intake, old mille airboot, staintunes exhaust. Lambda bung hardbrazed in the "breadbox". Öhlins mille R rear shock with 110N/mm spring and the integrated hydraulic preload adjuster. LED Voltmeter installed inside the dash for monitoring charging. Duc 999 radial m/c for brake and clutch. EBC 320mm brake discs
    NWS hugger. Equipment: Famsa tankbag,
    CBR 600 -07 MOSFET R&R FH008EE providing stable 14.4 - 14.5 V (with my wiring mod). Daytona heated grips with mccoi pwm controller and automatic chain oiler

There is something of relevance that I have picked up from the car world, and that is the use of Dielecric grease in all connectors

I use a Dow Corning product see

Dielectric compound used on insulators and bushings; as a

lubricant for high-current switches

FEATURES

• Nonconductive

• Water repellent

• Long lasting

• Easy to apply

• Helps prevent formation of conductive paths

APPLICATIONS

• Applications where improved metal-to-metal lubricity (compared to other Dow Corning® brand silicone compounds) is needed

• To help prevent arcing and flashovers on insulators and bushings

• As a contact lubricant on high-voltage equipment

• To lubricate static and dynamic O-ring seals in hot-melt adhesive equipment

• To help prevent rust and corrosion on insulator threads and bolts; also helps in removal of insulators and hardware for replacement

• As a water-repellent filling material to help prevent moisture from travelling inside the rubber jacket of service entrance cable (can be injected using a grease gun with a needle-type nozzle)

• To help prevent oxidation and corrosion on contacts and band-tightening

screws of socket-type watt-hour meters

DESCRIPTION

Dow Corning® 5 Compound is a grease like material containing an inert amorphous silica filler in combination with

selected dimethyl and phenylmethyl silicone fluids. This nonconductive compound is used primarily for applications requiring compatibility with rubber, metal, and plastic.

Specific features include:

• Easy application by hand, wiping, brushing, or automated equipment

• Room-temperature consistency over a wide range of hot and cold temperatures

• Serviceable temperature range of -54 to 232°C (-65 to 450°F) – a significant improvement over other

silicone compounds

• Resistance to oxidation, moisture, and salt spray

• Virtually inert and non-volatile

HOW TO USE

Dow Corning 5 Compound can be applied by hand, brush, wipe, or specially designed automated equipment.

However, certain dispensing equipment may seize with silicone compounds, so testing is recommended

prior to use.

If a thinner consistency is needed, the compound can be dispersed in Dow Corning® brand OS Fluids or

other solvents and applied by brushing, dipping, or spraying.

Note: When using any solvent, always provide adequate ventilation. Follow precautions on solvent container label.

Dow Corning 5 Compound can be cleaned from a surface by wiping or washing with Dow Corning OS Fluids

or other solvents, or by washing with detergent.
    From ebay UK http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DOW-CORNING-5-...item3363e16687
    He who dies with the most toys wins

Crispy X Caponord - Burned Grey - replaced with Ducati Multistrada 1000DS - Black but not crispy but now sold, Honda Transalp XL700V-8 lasted two weeks before I got bored, so got an 07 Yamaha TDM900 but then swopped it for a Yamaha FJR1300 in faster blue

Touring Portugal? this will be a perfect base for motorcycles
    http://www.pureholidayhomes.com/coim...al-p32294.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brucaliffo View Post
    Ok now I have a second hand FH008EE too, 50€ on ebay , and I received the FH008 connector kit from easternbeaver:

My only concern now is about the original wires.... are you absolutely sure they can be blanked off?
    Friends on the italian forum suggest to use the following schema (it was designed for the FH012AA but it should be the same story), what do you think?

I have installed the Honda 600rr reg/rec with all new connectors but still wired in to the original loom wires. I am now going to change that to a direct to battery set up, as there wasn't much difference in the voltage at battery reading. So blanking off the original wires is safe, is it not. Do I need to do anything else.

apriliaforum expert Stanleybobly's Avatar
    cut the wires, shrinktube it (glue ones).

sold: "01 Caponord |Flame Red|, Modlist done: Honda CBR600 RR Mosfet (FH008) Rectifier Mod, Brown Connector Mod
    now: "04 Caponord |Rally Raid| FH016 Mosfet R/R | GPR Titanium Exhaust|
    01 Futura [infinity blue]
    Caponord Stanleybobly style loomed MOSFET Rectifiers & Fuelline Kit FS

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleybobly View Post
    cut the wires, shrinktube it (glue ones).
    Thanks Stanleybobly, all will be done tomorrow hopefully, if I can get the small components tomorrow locally. I know a source for the Honda 600 RR reg/rec if anyone else wants one. They are £40 each, virtually brand new, off bikes that are stripped for racing.

you're welcome,

post your voltage results here ......
    (idle, 4000rpm, 4000rpm with headlights)

sold: "01 Caponord |Flame Red|, Modlist done: Honda CBR600 RR Mosfet (FH008) Rectifier Mod, Brown Connector Mod

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral64 View Post
    Thanks Stanleybobly, all will be done tomorrow hopefully, if I can get the small components tomorrow locally. I know a source for the Honda 600 RR reg/rec if anyone else wants one. They are £40 each, virtually brand new, off bikes that are stripped for racing.
    That's one hell of a good price, I could not find anything in the UK and ended up spending more than double that importing one from the USA
    Mind you, it is still money well spent combined with the Eastern Beaver kit!
    He who dies with the most toys wins

Crispy X Caponord - Burned Grey - replaced with Ducati Multistrada 1000DS - Black but not crispy but now sold, Honda Transalp XL700V-8 lasted two weeks before I got bored, so got an 07 Yamaha TDM900 but then swopped it for a Yamaha FJR1300 in faster blue

Touring Portugal? this will be a perfect base for motorcycles
    http://www.pureholidayhomes.com/coim...al-p32294.html

Quote Originally Posted by nav18tor View Post
    That's one hell of a good price, I could not find anything in the UK and ended up spending more than double that importing one from the USA
    Mind you, it is still money well spent combined with the Eastern Beaver kit!
    I've got luck then , bought it from Germany € 60 + € 15 shipping to the Netherlands. Stupid bastards (breakers) here are asking around € 125, because it's from an recent modelyear bike

Quote Originally Posted by deefred View Post
    How can you say that it is no problems for the R/R to handle 470 W instead of the 350 W?
    If nobody's answered this yet, the output rating of the alternator has nothing to do with the output rating of the rectifier/regulator.

The 470W rating is just how much the alternator is capable of putting out.
    The actual output of an alternator is entirely dependent upon the load applied to it.
    If you short it out completely, it will theoretically put out 470 watts (until either the shorting wire, or the coils in the alternator burn out), whereas if you connect a single 40 watt lightbulb to it, it's going to put out 40 watts.

The only possible risk to the R/R would be if you attach so many accessories to it that they exceed the rated output. And the fusebox should handle that.

the FHoo8 is an 35 amp, max voltage is 14,5V
    so that's (35x14.5) 507,5 Watts of capable putting out max.
    Caponord alternator puts out max. 470 Watts

O.K I have completed the mod on the reg/rec, Fitted the Honda 600RR unit, wired it direct to the battery via Delphi waterproof connectors. Result, not a lot of difference on the voltage readings, 13v on tick-over, 13.5v at 4000 rpm. The battery was fully charged, I don't know if that makes any difference. One good thing that has come from it is the speedo now works.

Name:  DSCF8858.jpg
Views: 1984
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  DSCF8859.jpg
Views: 1912
Size:  51.3 KB

Anybody regognise this spacer, found under the bike, can't recall removing it from anywhere, but it has obviously dropped down from somewhere. The battery is just to give you a scale on the size of it.

apriliaforum Junkie
    spaces that hold the tank on the lower corners, your side plastics bolts goes through this spacer.

Result, not a lot of difference on the voltage readings, 13v on tick-over, 13.5v at 4000 rpm. The battery was fully charged, I don't know if that makes any difference. One good thing that has come from it is the speedo now works..

that voltage will kill your battery,, hmmmmm I suppose your alternator isn't good at all. There is a test, to see if your alternator is in a good shape or not.
    I don't know how it was..

apriliaforum expert the_toe_cutter's Avatar
    O.K I have completed the mod on the reg/rec, Fitted the Honda 600RR unit, wired it direct to the battery via Delphi waterproof connectors. Result, not a lot of difference on the voltage readings, 13v on tick-over, 13.5v at 4000 rpm. The battery was fully charged, I don't know if that makes any difference. One good thing that has come from it is the speedo now works.

Name:  DSCF8858.jpg
Views: 1984
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  DSCF8859.jpg
Views: 1912
Size:  51.3 KB

Anybody regognise this spacer, found under the bike, can't recall removing it from anywhere, but it has obviously dropped down from somewhere. The battery is just to give you a scale on the size of it.
    You my friend have most likely a brown connector issue.
    Brum Brum

Quote Originally Posted by the_toe_cutter View Post
    You my friend have most likely a brown connector issue.
    I've done away with the brown connector, all connected with Delphi connectors.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast