Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Combine your eprom chip with a PC3 map, then remove your PC3!

Combine your eprom chip with a PC3 map, then remove your PC3!

I have created an excel spreadsheet that combines your Power Commander 3 map with your chips fuel table(s) so that you can burn a custom chip, allowing you to remove your PC3.

1) Get a chip reader/programmer and a blank 27C256 eprom. It might also be useful to have a UV chip eraser. I have a Willem programmer.
    2) Install Excel, TunerPro and Dynojet Power Commader software into your computer. TunerPro and the Dynojet software are free and can be downloaded from the net.
    3) Remove your chip and read it into your computer using your reader/programmer software. I use Willen EpromM51 software.
    4) Connect your PC3 to your PC and read the map using the Dynojet software.
    5) Open TunerPro and load the XDF definitions file that I have attached, then open the .bin file that your read from your chip.
    6) Load up Excel and load the .xls spreadsheet file I have attached.
    7) Copy and paste a fuel table from TunerPro into the first sheet on Excel. To do this you have to double click on one of the 4 fuel table definitions on the lower left of your screen, then the fuel table will appear.
    8) Copy and paste the PC3 map from the Dynojet software into the second sheet on Excel. Excel will have automatically done its magic and produced a combined table on sheet 4.
    9) Copy and paste the Combined fuel table from sheet 4 on Excel to the TunerPro fuel table that you are working on. You will need to click save at the bottom of the fuel table.
    10) Repeat steps 7) to 10) for the 4 fuel tables
    11) Save the combined .bin from TunerPro
    12) Use your programmer software to burn the combined .bin file to a blank eprom.

Enjoy! Now bin that Power Commander! (or sell it)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BrummyMax; 05-14-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Sounds good. Presumably this requires that you have set your PC3 up for your bike on a dyno first does it?
    Tuonoless.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBev View Post
    Sounds good. Presumably this requires that you have set your PC3 up for your bike on a dyno first does it?
    Well you could just download a map suitable for your setup, but this process only works if you have the same base chip as the map was created for. I guess that would be the RP58 chip for most Tuono maps on the Dynojet website.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I think I love you! Ha ha I have all the tools already for this stuff from doing older Nissans that have a somewhat similar setup. I was having trouble finding map addresses in the stock bin's, not anymore! Time to get the bike on my friend's dyno Won't need a PC3 in the first place. Still want a Gabro chip though

Quote Originally Posted by Setzer View Post
    I think I love you! Ha ha I have all the tools already for this stuff from doing older Nissans that have a somewhat similar setup. I was having trouble finding map addresses in the stock bin's, not anymore! Time to get the bike on my friend's dyno Won't need a PC3 in the first place. Still want a Gabro chip though
    Have you got a romulator then?

won't work...

Dang! My computer is an inline 4-cylinder.

Gabroooo!!!! Gabrooo!!! Somebody is calling you!!!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by BrummyMax View Post
    Have you got a romulator then?
    We actually use a special daughterboard deal for the Nissans with two romulators built in as it is a 16 bit ecu. When I go on the dyno I'm just going to have to do it the slow way making changes and burning chips I figure it wouldn't take all that long to tune anyway.

This one deserves a bump. Great work mate! Why hasn't this been made sticky yet...?

we were only talking about this thursday night, one of my mates is computer boff and was explaining how custom chips were easy to do but harder to perfect a good map set up.
    renegade air box
    renegade link pipe on collector pipe
    renegade chip
    akrapovic single
    pro taper bars
    carbon rad gaurds, front and rear hugger
    single seat unit
    15/42
    next job is cam sprocket's

Thx Hank!

it was you wasn't it?

Yes this info should be availabvle to all. It was a shame it fell off the board! I put a lot of work into this. It (the excel spreadsheet) actually interpolates the pc3 map, so that 500rpm intervals fit into 400 rpm intervals nicely. The Power commander works on 500 rpm intervals (and rarely 250rpm, depending on the tuner ). The Aprilia ECU works on 400 rpm intervals. Not only that, the throttle openings are interpolated too!

I am more into the Linus Torvalds model than Bill Gates. Not all peeps that know about the Aprilia chips share this approach. I am sure somebody out there will use this to make money
    Last edited by BrummyMax; 08-20-2010 at 07:53 PM.

max, the use of PCIII maps is not so good... on Aprilia eprom (most of) the fuel trimmer are actives on all the rpm range, you have to know wich position are setup during the PCII mapping

BTW very nice excell spreadsheet i'm finishing the aprilia *.bin files enciclopedia, i'll put it online soon
    ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

Quote Originally Posted by Gabro View Post
    max, the use of PCIII maps is not so good... on Aprilia eprom (most of) the fuel trimmer are actives on all the rpm range, you have to know wich position are setup during the PCII mapping
    Yes I am aware of the trimmer. It does have a bigger effect at lower throttle openings, where a fuel offset will be more noticeable. In the real world, it does not matter at all with respect to the method I have posted. This could be measured on a dyno if necessary ....

Quote Originally Posted by Gabro View Post
    BTW very nice excell spreadsheet i'm finishing the aprilia *.bin files enciclopedia, i'll put it online soon
    Surely not your Gabro .bin files though? I would be interested in comparing .bin files of your chips and other commercially available chips, so that I can see who has been cloning other work. Have you ever discovered a chip that has your ignition tables on it?

This is something that has been needed for a long time! Now if only I could PM a beer to you
    I have quite a few .bins here but I do not know what they all are.
    Last edited by BrummyMax; 08-21-2010 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrummyMax View Post
    Have you ever discovered a chip that has your ignition tables on it?
    not yet

i think my twinspark ignition tables are not a mistery anymore, have you tryed 'em?
    ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast