Thread: jetting question

apriliaforum newb

jetting question

ive got a lot of popping on decel and want to find jets that match with my 2006 sm610 w/ a leo vince slip on. what jets/settings are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by cbsean View Post
    ive got a lot of popping on decel and want to find jets that match with my 2006 sm610 w/ a leo vince slip on. what jets/settings are you running?
    If you have popping on decel, that usually suggests lean (but not always), which would mean that you would have to let more fuel in. I see your profile says you're in "L.A."

If that means "Los Angeles" (as opposed to Louisiana, which LA is the abbreviation for), then go talk to George at Uptite Racing. He'll tell you exactly what your need...
    The United States Veterans Administration:

Neglecting America's service veterans since 1930!!!!

I agree, it is likely too lean. Idle circuit if backfiring closed throttle on decel but they come lean across the board. I used a JD kit on my TE250. The recommended settings were pretty much spot on. They include various jets if you need to experiment.

Edit: there is a lot of good husky knowledge here: http://www.cafehusky.com/
    07 Tuono

Does it tick over OK? If so the popping on the over-run is more likely to be related to the slide being too lean than the pilot jet.

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.