Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech Tips thread

apriliaforum newb
    Hi guys,
    Can you help?
    I have 2 issues.
    The first is electrical. If I ride to work and back in the dark for a week, by the end of the week battery is flat. Looks like the Headlight power is overtaking the battery charging. Is this likely to be a rectifier issue and what is the simplest mod without lots of rewiring?
    Also...
    Somewhere on this forum a couple of months ago I found a part number and description for the Speedo pulse generator, as originally supplied by the manufacturere (Honeywell?). Anyway i thought I would note it down, but I need one and cant find the note I made nor can I find the original post on this site. Tried various searches but no luck. Any ideas?.

Welcome Colin , first of all you have realy posted this in the wrong section as Tech tips is advice on how to fix things that have been previously posted and not for questions on how to fix things, but never mind it sounds like your regulator has given up the ghost or if its the original with the brown connectors in place then these may be going into melt down. It sounds like you need to replace the regulator either with a Mosfet from a late Honda CBR or a Honda Goldwing rectifier. Both of these mods are well documented, just do a search for Mosfet or Goldwing rectifier and that will put you on the right path. Just put a couple opf links on for you. Steve

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...ghlight=mosfet

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...wing+rectifier
    Last edited by GRUMPYGIT; 01-22-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: add links

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Got My Husky Bar risers and LOVE THEM
    Name:  2011-12-19 14.15.09 (Medium).jpg
Views: 2717
Size:  68.9 KB

CHEAP FRONT WHEEL BEARING PULLER

Today I bought a one inch unf bolt & cut a slot in the end of it with the angle grinder
    Tapped the bolt into the thickness of the bearing,tap a cold chisel from the other end supporting the bolt
    against the workbench untill it locks in hard.now drive the whole lot out,easy as

JohnG.

'02 Capo.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG. View Post
    CHEAP FRONT WHEEL BEARING PULLER

Today I bought a one inch unf bolt & cut a slot in the end of it with the angle grinder
    Tapped the bolt into the thickness of the bearing,tap a cold chisel from the other end supporting the bolt
    against the workbench untill it locks in hard.now drive the whole lot out,easy as

As long as it works for you John, I like my M16 Rawbolt, see #34 of the following thread for details & Pic's..

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...-bearing/page3

(2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..

(2000 RSV Mille Gen 1) Moto GP Rep ..

(2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bigger touring screen, headlight protector & aftermarket reflective decals ..

(1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack ..

HELP
    My bike failed emissions.....the CO was about 6.4...needed to be under 5.0. will having the after market pipes cause this. I am looking for the cheap fix. will change plugs and clean the KN air filter. see if that helps. any advice??
    Scott
    "How can you have pudding if you don't eat your meat"

Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    As long as it works for you John, I like my M16 Rawbolt, see #34 of the following thread for details & Pic's..

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...-bearing/page3
    Just to add to Steves post, M12 Rawlbolt for the rear wheel bearings works a treat.
    08 ETV 1000 Caponord
    Multistrada 1200
    Honda C90e - A real adventure bike.

This is the diagnostic connector, next to the test connectors:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10003.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	121.5 KB 
ID:	191800

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
    This is the diagnostic connector, next to the test connectors:
    Blimey Andy, thats a big Budgie...

(2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..

(2000 RSV Mille Gen 1) Moto GP Rep ..

(2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bigger touring screen, headlight protector & aftermarket reflective decals ..

(1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack ..

Is this the Capo give you the bird?
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Installing Moto Guzzi Breva/Norge rear signals and round electronic LED flasher relay:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...s-installation

Name:	capo MG signals_5584.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	238.2 KB 
ID:	202747
    Last edited by macelius; 09-14-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    '02 Caponord - Dust Grey - 20-29K Miles
    Center stand | Factory tank bag | Factory side cases | Factory hand guards | Factory fairing guards | Tuono mirrors | Norge/Breva rear signals | Laminar lip | CPC metal quick-disconnects | 150A relay | Rerouted and joined grounds | Electronic flasher | MOSFET R/R | Metri-Pack 630 Charge Connectors | RTV Silicone sealed all others

'80 Suzuki GS1000G (sold) | '90 Romet Ogar 205 | '84 Garelli Super Sport XL | '79 Puch Maxi Luxe II | '77 Puch Maxi S | '77 Motobecane 40-TL (sold) | '97 Kinetic TFR

Lightbulb brown connector soldering jig

Name:	capo brown connector-soldering jig_5559.JPG 
Views:	205 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	202783
    Center stand | Factory tank bag | Factory side cases | Factory hand guards | Factory fairing guards | Tuono mirrors | Norge/Breva rear signals | Laminar lip | CPC metal quick-disconnects | 150A relay | Rerouted and joined grounds | Electronic flasher | MOSFET R/R | Metri-Pack 630 Charge Connectors | RTV Silicone sealed all others

'80 Suzuki GS1000G (sold) | '90 Romet Ogar 205 | '84 Garelli Super Sport XL | '79 Puch Maxi Luxe II | '77 Puch Maxi S | '77 Motobecane 40-TL (sold) | '97 Kinetic TFR

Lightbulb $5 sealed connectors

RTV silicone blue, came out much cleaner than I expected, especially compared to the black rubber 'electrical connector sealant'. Color choice is at discretion, I'd stay away from the 'copper' stuff though as it's conductive.

Name:	capo sealed connectors-rtv_5557.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	209.7 KB 
ID:	202784

Name:	capo sealed connectors-rubber electrical sealant_5558.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	202785

Lightbulb Oil seeping over frame?

Oil seeping here?

Name:	capo frame oil seep_5551.JPG 
Views:	228 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	202786

Check here:

Name:	capo breather tube disconnected_5552.JPG 
Views:	180 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	202787

(all is much cleaner now XD)

apriliaforum expert Stanleybobly's Avatar

sold: "01 Caponord |Flame Red|, Modlist done: Honda CBR600 RR Mosfet (FH008) Rectifier Mod, Brown Connector Mod
    now: "04 Caponord |Rally Raid| FH016 Mosfet R/R | GPR Titanium Exhaust|
    01 Futura [infinity blue]
    Caponord Stanleybobly style loomed MOSFET Rectifiers & Fuelline Kit FS

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast