Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU derestriction, what is it?

talk to AF1 prior to loading a stock map back into the ECU. I could be wrong, but I think it might cause you issues w/ reloading the Race Mapping later.
    CURRENT BIKE
    2013 Multistrada S Touring
    2004 Tuono Factory

just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Mag View Post
    talk to AF1 prior to loading a stock map back into the ECU. I could be wrong, but I think it might cause you issues w/ reloading the Race Mapping later.
    Correct, do not load the std map onto your ECU unless you have the password for the race map you are now running.
    We discussed it on this thread post #411:
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...Depth!)/page28
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

I think I'll just stick with the Race map for now. Will try to get the Akra back on my bike ASAP. I'm not too keen on going back and forth to a dealer whom I don't think much of here in Singapore.

How does exactly the steps for perform the throttle and handle learning procedure/throttle and handle learning required with any map change works? It seems my dealer in Mexico doesn´t know what it should be done with the Race ECU so I must give him a little orientation...
    Thank you in advance for any comments.

Quote Originally Posted by kiro View Post
    How does exactly the steps for perform the throttle and handle learning procedure/throttle and handle learning required with any map change works? It seems my dealer in Mexico doesn´t know what it should be done with the Race ECU so I must give him a little orientation...

U still lucky have a dealer in mexico, im in indonesia has no dealer at all, i have to buy air flight ticket+accomodation for the mechanic from spore to bring the navigator to do the calibration only 5 minutes work

If ur dealer has navigator then they should know how to do the calibration procedur

Quote Originally Posted by kiro View Post
    First post and no one welcomes you properly!!!! WNFO....

Now to your question. Your mechanic needs to have a Navigator or an Axone to perform the throttle learning procedure correctly.

I have never done this myself, but have watched Amauri do it several times on my bike and the computer walks you through the procedure.

Why are you needing to perform the procedure? If your local dealer can't perform basic maintenance, I wouldn't recommend doing too many upgrades!! It'll cost you headaches.....

Thank you for your replies. I want to install the Austin RacingGP-2 slip on and the race ECU. Have contacted Aprilia directly to ask about the dealer and it is confirmed is certified. The thing here is that this dealer wants to push customers to buy the Akra systems directly from him at a stupid high cost. So I had to explain that the parts were bought from an Aprilia dealer in the States and even though I need to show them the invoices to prove that, if not my waranty will be voided. What a thing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sanaga View Post
    U still lucky have a dealer in mexico, im in indonesia has no dealer at all, i have to buy air flight ticket+accomodation for the mechanic from spore to bring the navigator to do the calibration only 5 minutes work

If ur dealer has navigator then they should know how to do the calibration procedur
    That seriously sucks.... Doesn't Malaysia have a dealer?? Maybe it might be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by SubZero View Post
    That seriously sucks.... Doesn't Malaysia have a dealer?? Maybe it might be cheaper.
    Flight from spore is nearer than malaysia to my city......so its cheaper

apriliaforum newb
    Nope! You just have to buy Akra pipe from Aprilia not directly from Akrapovic. Then if you would like to remap your aprilia you have to do it at authorized service and give them only Acrapovic unlock code.. Racing map gives you about 15Hp gain at 8000RPM.
    Last edited by Nazar; 03-01-2012 at 06:08 AM.

15hp? maybe in Russia where its colder :P

I'd like to see that dyne graph. Multiple graphs have been posted with minimal gains. The main thing it does is smooth out the power delivery and make it a much more manageable once you upload the latest mapping.

apriliaforum newb
    Name:  RSV4_RACE_HEX_DYNO_GRAPH.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  70.3 KB

apriliaforum newb
    5Hp. Made mistake printing//

looks more like 3.5 to 3.7 gain to me
    potere - italian for power
    have M1 permit, will travel

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast