Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67

Thread: Best bike picture competition- January '10

  1. #31
    moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,332
    Gloss black, chrome lip

  2. #32
    apriliaforum expert DanHam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kingdom Cum!
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom.C View Post
    Gloss black, chrome lip
    Thats what I wanted in the beginning

    Not sure it would go with the black mind, Hmm
    2004 Aprilia RS50 - Sold
    2006 Honda CBR125 - Sold
    2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S Sold
    1992 Honda VFR 400 R Sold
    2004 Ford Focus TDCI Sport Sold
    2001 Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.7 Sold

    Current
    2003 Suzuki GSX R 600
    2005 Skoda Fabia VRS

  3. #33
    apriliaforum Junkie JambroGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    447
    I like the black

  4. #34
    moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,332
    LOL I thought this was your thread Dan. GTFO

  5. #35
    moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,332
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHam View Post
    Thats what I wanted in the beginning

    Not sure it would go with the black mind, Hmm
    Can't go wrong with black on white.

    The dirt won't show up as much either.

  6. #36
    apriliaforum expert bourney2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England, Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    6,380
    Dan, no offence mate. I love the styling of the bike, however, i've always slightly disliked it for it's colour scheme.

    All white is just too bland! and i think you're right about no other colour wheels going with the scheme. Although as dom says, black with a chrome lip might look good.

    If you can i'd save for a paintjob, that bike is just crying out for one imho. Either that or get on photshop and experiment with some decal designs........



    EDIT- Just saw the photos. Black dosn't look too bad TBH, better than white imo. Maybe with some rim tape they could look even better.....

    Try yellow...... i'd like to see it with yellow wheels


    Quote Originally Posted by Dom.C View Post
    My Sister's boyfriend is riding it at the moment, his 2 years of restriction is up so it's running 100 brake at the moment.

    hahahahaha dom you fucking legend.

    If you don't get it, read it whilst thinking of nothing but sex

  7. #37
    moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,332
    Quote Originally Posted by bourney2007 View Post
    Dan, no offence mate. I love the styling of the bike, however, i've always slightly disliked it for it's colour scheme.

    All white is just too bland! and i think you're right about no other colour wheels going with the scheme. Although as dom says, black with a chrome lip might look good.

    If you can i'd save for a paintjob, that bike is just crying out for one imho. Either that or get on photshop and experiment with some decal designs........



    EDIT- Just saw the photos. Black dosn't look too bad TBH, better than white imo. Maybe with some rim tape they could look even better.....

    Try yellow...... i'd like to see it with yellow wheels
    I kinda agree. A nice paint job would look the dogs. Even all black would look sick, maybe matt black for the ultimate stealth look, I know it would be plain but white always seems so bland as Bourney said.

    Bourney your Cibber (400) has yellow wheels doesn't it? You need to make a project thread. Please do!

  8. #38
    apriliaforum expert DanHam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kingdom Cum!
    Posts
    6,901
    Hmm, boys, I'm starting to hate the colour tbh

    I want a WEST paintjob, but I need 4 wheels, I think I might just leave it. I do want to spend money on it, but I know when my restriction is up it will be bye bye 400, hello 600.

    How much is a decent paintjob anyway?
    2004 Aprilia RS50 - Sold
    2006 Honda CBR125 - Sold
    2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S Sold
    1992 Honda VFR 400 R Sold
    2004 Ford Focus TDCI Sport Sold
    2001 Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.7 Sold

    Current
    2003 Suzuki GSX R 600
    2005 Skoda Fabia VRS

  9. #39
    moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,332
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHam View Post
    Hmm, boys, I'm starting to hate the colour tbh

    I want a WEST paintjob, but I need 4 wheels, I think I might just leave it. I do want to spend money on it, but I know when my restriction is up it will be bye bye 400, hello 600.

    How much is a decent paintjob anyway?
    To be honest, unless a deal for a paint job is too good to miss then I'd leave it. Still looks great, paint job or not. I reckon it'll cost around 400-500 300 at the very minimum.

    What 6 you thinking of when your restriction is up?

  10. #40
    apriliaforum expert DanHam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kingdom Cum!
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom.C View Post
    To be honest, unless a deal for a paint job is too good to miss then I'd leave it. Still looks great, paint job or not. I reckon it'll cost around 400-500 300 at the very minimum.

    What 6 you thinking of when your restriction is up?
    My Dads missus used to spray kit cars as a job, we have spraying facilities aswell, we will be using them on our Westfield, I can spray myself, I'm pretty good I must say, but I think I'll save my money for now, or I'll speak to my Dad, see what he thinks.

    Well, probably look at Gixxer 600s, R6s, ZX636Rs, 675 Daytonas, I do like the Gixxer 750 too.
    2004 Aprilia RS50 - Sold
    2006 Honda CBR125 - Sold
    2000 Ford Fiesta Zetec S Sold
    1992 Honda VFR 400 R Sold
    2004 Ford Focus TDCI Sport Sold
    2001 Ford Fiesta Zetec S 1.7 Sold

    Current
    2003 Suzuki GSX R 600
    2005 Skoda Fabia VRS

  11. #41
    apriliaforum expert bilsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    932
    Dan, just get the 675 ! save your money for one of them beautys! or just wait a new bike might come out that catches your fancy
    2001 Aprilia Sr125/ 172 project
    1998 Fiat punto Mk1 60s
    2000 MAC10 Gilera Runner Bodged and SOLD
    2000 Aprilia rs 125 GP 1 Seizeddd and fucked and sold!
    2008 Xsport FYM 125 SOLD
    2005 MBK xpower SOLD
    2004 Aprilia sr 50 SOLD

  12. #42
    apriliaforum expert bourney2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England, Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    6,380
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHam View Post
    My Dads missus used to spray kit cars as a job, we have spraying facilities aswell, we will be using them on our Westfield, I can spray myself, I'm pretty good I must say, but I think I'll save my money for now, or I'll speak to my Dad, see what he thinks.

    Well, probably look at Gixxer 600s, R6s, ZX636Rs, 675 Daytonas, I do like the Gixxer 750 too.


    Then she'll probably know people in the trade that can get it you done cheap.

    I paid 250 for my paintjob, but i did all the prep work.


    The preperation is the most important bit, fuck this up and obviously it's never going to look good.
    It took me weeks (literally) to prep all my panels, and without sounding big headed they were pretty fucking good.
    My boss used to own a spray shop before the garage and did all the work himself.
    I had to take the panels to work to give to the sprayer at dinner time and when i took them in the boss said 'I thought you were going to do the prerp work yourself'
    I said i did. Then he said 'have you fuck, thats being done by someone who knows what they're doing and it's being done well'

    I didn't know wether to be insulted or happy for the job well done sort of thing LOL


    Mine have come out pretty damn good. I could have got a better job, had the paint baked on instead of just left to dry like. But these places wanted upwards of 600, which i just couldn't justify having only bought the bike for 650.


    I think it's well worth a paintjob mate.

    I don't know about you but i've got other things to be buying and spending money on now. E.g. cars and going town/pub. It all adds up lol.
    I've being strapped for cash for ages and ages, so just want to calm down on my spending and have some spare money in the bank lol.

    I'm keeping my 400 for a while now. I reckon a de-restricted 400 will be enough for me for a bit. I don't want a 600 just yet (not ready to kill myself yet haha).


    TBH mate if it was me i'd be keeping the bike and looking at doing a pukka paintjob. That bike really is crying out for one!


    Quote Originally Posted by Dom.C View Post
    My Sister's boyfriend is riding it at the moment, his 2 years of restriction is up so it's running 100 brake at the moment.

    hahahahaha dom you fucking legend.

    If you don't get it, read it whilst thinking of nothing but sex

  13. #43
    moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,332
    Quote Originally Posted by bourney2007 View Post
    Then she'll probably know people in the trade that can get it you done cheap.

    I paid 250 for my paintjob, but i did all the prep work.


    The preperation is the most important bit, fuck this up and obviously it's never going to look good.
    It took me weeks (literally) to prep all my panels, and without sounding big headed they were pretty fucking good.
    My boss used to own a spray shop before the garage and did all the work himself.
    I had to take the panels to work to give to the sprayer at dinner time and when i took them in the boss said 'I thought you were going to do the prerp work yourself'
    I said i did. Then he said 'have you fuck, thats being done by someone who knows what they're doing and it's being done well'

    I didn't know wether to be insulted or happy for the job well done sort of thing LOL


    Mine have come out pretty damn good. I could have got a better job, had the paint baked on instead of just left to dry like. But these places wanted upwards of 600, which i just couldn't justify having only bought the bike for 650.


    I think it's well worth a paintjob mate.

    I don't know about you but i've got other things to be buying and spending money on now. E.g. cars and going town/pub. It all adds up lol.
    I've being strapped for cash for ages and ages, so just want to calm down on my spending and have some spare money in the bank lol.

    I'm keeping my 400 for a while now. I reckon a de-restricted 400 will be enough for me for a bit. I don't want a 600 just yet (not ready to kill myself yet haha).


    TBH mate if it was me i'd be keeping the bike and looking at doing a pukka paintjob. That bike really is crying out for one!
    Nice one mate, interesting story.

    Dan, if you can get it done cheap-ish due to knowing someone then go for it if you can.

    If you can't or in two minds about it, just leave it.

  14. #44
    apriliaforum expert bourney2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England, Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    6,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom.C View Post
    I kinda agree. A nice paint job would look the dogs. Even all black would look sick, maybe matt black for the ultimate stealth look, I know it would be plain but white always seems so bland as Bourney said.

    Bourney your Cibber (400) has yellow wheels doesn't it? You need to make a project thread. Please do!

    Yeah it does mate

    Yeah i've being thinking of making a project thread, i'll throw one together tonight or tomorrow.

    I'm doing a bit to it right now actually, wish i hadn't bothered lol. Well i decided whilst bored that i'd pull the carbs back off and clean them out again. I have already done it but i did a shit job. I only un-did the float bowl and blasted out the jets, never checked the diaphrams etc etc.

    So i pulled them off and thought it would be a good idea to do it in my room in the warmth.
    Yeah it was, until i pulled the float bowls off and instantly realised that i hadn't drianed them.
    Now my table is covered in petrol and my room wreaks! So i've got the window open and im now freezing my tits off LOL


    Quote Originally Posted by Dom.C View Post
    My Sister's boyfriend is riding it at the moment, his 2 years of restriction is up so it's running 100 brake at the moment.

    hahahahaha dom you fucking legend.

    If you don't get it, read it whilst thinking of nothing but sex

  15. #45
    apriliaforum expert wrx_02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Posts
    8,681
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsta View Post
    Dan, just get the 675 ! save your money for one of them beautys! or just wait a new bike might come out that catches your fancy
    I have owned a Daytona before, while it was a great bike I still prefer the Aprilla RSV in, how it was built (it was put together better and in a way you can adjust thing and get to thing easy.) Just overall I like it more, but with that said the 675 is a great bike and I am sure it will kill you...... may I suggest this color or paint your bike like this one.



    I still say you try and get like an old Mille. Like an 03 would be great!




Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •