Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Super Cafe Racer - Taimoshan ( Aprilia RSV1000 Factory)

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by JapseyeOgri View Post
    Congratulations, mate.

That really is a masterpiece

What was the most challenging aspect, of this build project, for you??
    Hi Mate, thanks for the compliments.

The most challenging part was the fuel injection and packaging everything out of sight so as to minimise the ugly bits.

The fuel injection was momumentally difficult as there is no public data on the motor, no specs, no setting, no timing marks and not even any data of the types of sensors or hardware used, not even aprilla had data, not that they would share. At the end of the day the motor is not aprilia it is Rotax and they are the keeper of the knowledge. Everyone i spoke to could tell me the part numbers if i wanted to replace something but knew nothing about the parts themselves, this make it very difficult to fit a besoke fuel injection system, as i ended have to pull down parts of my freshly painted motor to measure the internals and to some maths to work out what is going on. I ended up using a Microsquirt System because is is super flexible and tiny in size. I built / programmed my own fuel and spark map and the thing run very sweet now.

I think overall every element was pretty diffucult though in hindsight with this build as ever single part on the bike has been modified in some way to make it work, make it fit or to make it less ugly and that not even the tech challenges of the hybrid rear suspension setup.

Hope this answers your question?

happy to discuss more if you wish... are you building something at the moment?

Cheers
    Norzilla

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by T286 View Post
    Mookie
    What's the latest project ?
    Hey there...

I have 2 more bikes in the go at the moment . The first is a BSA A65 Oil in Frame, Art Deco styled retro racer, with a 770cc ex outfit race engine. In the vein of the stuff from Shinya Kimura of Zero Engineering. ( this is a customer bike)

The other project, my show stopper, is my take on the Vincent V-twin,. replica vincent V-twin big HP drag motor and lots of carbon parts with a heavily modified girdaulic front end. If you like the Conferate Wraith and love the best of british V-twins that you are going to like this.

Cheers
    Norzilla

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Jakob View Post
    OH GOD!!! I've never seen a bike that I wanted so much!! Dude, you're a miracle worker!!

I want to know everything about this bike!!!! You totally opened my eyes to what you can do with an Aprilia. I own a Futura, but I've always been a fan of the oldschool LOOKING bikes that are actually high tech. All you need too do on this bike is a middle of the tank and fender red matt stripe and that's that.

God, I want one. Some guys gave the idea of a small production. I second that.

Now, seriously; If someone else (me) wanted to try at building a bike like yours, where to start, who to call, how much dough? And so on and so forth...?

Damn you're good!!

Congrats!
    jaka
    Hi Jaka,

I build bikes for enthusiast that want ridable art, but i can only do a couple of one off bikes a year at the moment. If you think you want one then you can drop me a line at john.pellew@yahoo.co.uk.

Cheers
    Norzilla

Quote Originally Posted by Norzilla View Post
    I ended up using a Microsquirt System because is is super flexible and tiny in size. I built / programmed my own fuel and spark map and the thing run very sweet now.
    Microsquirts are a brilliantly repackaged Megasquirt, which provides endless flexibility. But it is probably best suited for even-fire engines.

Would like to know more about how you dealt with :
    odd-fire injector timing
    cam position sensor
    ignition spark

I am assuming you had to add your own injector timing wheel to the rotor assembly?

Team Punisher/AF1 Racing:
    World's Fastest Aprilia RSV 200.8mph
    Texas Mile Record Holder - Fastest Twin
    ------------------------------

2014/2015 Moto West Grand Prix Formula Singles Champion
    2016 WERA West Clubman Expert and D Superbike Champion

Simply stunning. There's nothing else to say.
    I'm on the app store! Check out Solitaire: Slide it's free!

i don't know why i didn't see this thread before.

what a piece of art!! gorgeous, and it looks like a lot of fun to ride as well!

well done!
    2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Sport plus Bags

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Norzilla View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Here is my almost completed Super Cafe Racer, built around a custom Norton Featherbed frame and a 2004 Aprilia RSV1000 Factory motor.

It has taken me about 9 months now to design and build and i now have only a little wiring to tidy up, the seat to cover, put the chain on and then off to the Dyno

I hope you like it.....

And a bit of youtube......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y6ZLeD6WLg
    Hi all,

Just hosted my website www.taimoshancycleworks.com but still in the process of adding all the pics from the build. won't be too long!

Rgds
    John

I decided to peruse the magazine racks at Barnes and Noble during my lunch hour, & low and behold what bike do I see on the cover of Cafe Racer?

Congrats!

Has the bike been in any other mags?
    Last edited by WadeS02; 08-13-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Graphicologist Extraordinaire ckruzel's Avatar
    very nice!
    2010 White RSV4R
    Custom Graphics
    decal questions? email me at kruzel (at)drippinwet.com
    check us out on facebook!
    Making Decals for some of the Fastest People on the Planet
    J.Hayes | M.Paris | J.Herrin | Z.Herrin | D.Westby | T.Knapp | S.Coviello | S.Villa | H.Nash | B.Solis | J.Day | C.West | A.Welsh | E.Meyers | D.Eslick | G.May | C.Alexander | D.Gaviria | J.Rispoli | J.Pascarella | B.Cretu | S.Mesa |C.Sellerom (check us out on facebook)

Beautifully done. Just beautiful. Congrats.
    paul
    '01 Flame Red RST
    '07 Tuono
    Economics Crash Course - check it out. Please.

I apologize for the necropost, but I saw that thing in cafe racer last year, and it has been in my head ever since! I just found a norton frame on craigslist, and avatar girl, aka wifey wants something with a more comfortable rear seat, but I am not getting rid of my mille any time soon!

KFD
    Quote Originally Posted by gtpandrsvrguy View Post
    I would think you guys must have fallen onto an aprilia otherwise you would be out there riding a blue R1 with the other 5000 posers (in every town in the nation).

In a word ,Wow!!!

Gongratulations is not enough for what you've done man!!!!So much effort and andless hours i bet!!! Great great work!!!!! Now i want one too....Damn.....

apriliaforum Junkie
    This project is insane! Hats off to you, sir. What an amazing piece of Art you've put together. Great vision and great execution. Must be a blast to ride as well. Cheers!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234