Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Cafe Racer - Taimoshan ( Aprilia RSV1000 Factory)

apriliaforum prov-nov

Super Cafe Racer - Taimoshan ( Aprilia RSV1000 Factory)

Hi Everyone,

Here is my almost completed Super Cafe Racer, built around a custom Norton Featherbed frame and a 2004 Aprilia RSV1000 Factory motor.

It has taken me about 9 months now to design and build and i now have only a little wiring to tidy up, the seat to cover, put the chain on and then off to the Dyno

I hope you like it.....

And a bit of youtube......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y6ZLeD6WLg

I love it - reminds me of the Blue Marlin... the bike that Aprilia should have built.

Excellent work - more piccies please!

The Anal Intruder William the Third's Avatar
    Sweet work dude. It does remind me of the Blue Marlin that Aprilia should of built.

#1 Forum Loser

1973 Harley-Davidson Aermacchi Z-90 - Restoration project
    1983 Kawasaki KZ750 Spectre - Fathers old bike
    1998 Kawasaki KE100 - My first bike at 14
    1998 Laverda Ghost Strike 668 - A fun little bike
    1999 Aprilia RS250 - Track bike
    2001 Aprilia RSV Mille - My first Aprilia
    2007 Aprilia SR50R Factory - My babe magnet
    2009 Aprilia SR50R Factory - My "help me I have a problem"

apriliaforum expert JapseyeOgri's Avatar

Thumbs up

That is excellent!!!! What a brilliant idea and execution. My dream, well one of them, is a Norvin cafe racer with the black shadow engine in there and you've achieved something that's probably infinitely better.

Great job
    2000 RSV Mille, Hot red. Tigcraft, race, full twin system 60mm, tigcraft rear sets, R&Gs all round, K&N filter, 16-44 with 520 chain. Gabro chip for a nice bump in BHP and torque

Quote Originally Posted by naimchase
    Enjoy life, do a little more than you think you can, and always be the kind of person you’d like to meet.

New P.B @ Suzuka, full course 2:32.48

Suzuka's east course on the RSV

a few laps of the east course with the R1 and new PB

Rather the fool that knows he's a fool than the fool that thinks he's wise.

Unfreakin believable. Great job. I hope it handles well with the old school flexy frame. did you do any reinforcements to the frame to stiffen it up?

Crap, the radiators are under the seat.. Cool. Make the bike look air cooled.
    Falco Clip-on conversion Directions

Tuono bar install pics.

02 Mille-ono
    03 Xtreme 125cc mini-moto pit bike.

apriliaforum expert velocityjunky's Avatar
    very nice. I was going to ask where the radiator was...........clever
    Motorcycles- No better way to turn money into smoke and noise

That is absolutly gorgeous! Congrats on a great job. How did you go for fuel capacity vs air box capacity? One of the excuses Aprilia came up not to build the Blue Marlin was that they couldnt get the air box big enough. Maybe you just have an open air box with pod filters? As you dont have to worry about noise regs? As stated, are you confident the frame will be stiff enough? I love the reverse cone megs youve made too, beautiful. Did you do all the alloy beating work as well? You must be very happy, I would love something like this. Do you have a blog anywhere from the build?
    I am the Nightrider! I am a fuel-injected suicide machine! I am a rocker! I am a roller! I am an out-of-controller! I am the Chosen One! The mighty hand of Vengeance! Sent down to strike the unroadworthy! I'm hotter than a rolling dice! Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down a rubber road right to freedom!

apriliaforum expert uberchicken's Avatar
    I am very impressed! Awesoem build, I would love to see more details on the project.
    UBERCHICKEN

2007 Tuono Factory 1060- AF1 Built with all sorts of goodies!

apriliaforum prov-nov superkart's Avatar
    excelent work!! I like really
    You re a pro of aluminium steel???
    The old school design is the best mean to road with smiley today..
    If you want see more pics on blue marlin . Is builder is boxer bike. A french designer that build voxan vb1 or aprilia street fighter too. Search boxer bike and thierry henriette on web.
    Your bike do a world tour cafe racer forum .. Georgious.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by KANE View Post
    Unfreakin believable. Great job. I hope it handles well with the old school flexy frame. did you do any reinforcements to the frame to stiffen it up?

Crap, the radiators are under the seat.. Cool. Make the bike look air cooled.
    Hi There,

Yes i worked with the frame builder to stregthen the frame. The frame is made of heavy gauge T45 british aircraft steel, braze welded together. The 25deg headstock is heavy duty construction for the ducati front end.

The frame has also been widened adn slightly re-shaped ( not that you could easily spot the differences) at the back to take the 190 rear tire and swingarm, there is a top frame tube running under the tank to reduce frame flex under braking.

The bare frame only weighs 7kgs

The completed dry weigh of the bike is 172kg 52% front / 48% back

I also used Honda's Unit pro-link technology, that was developed for Valentino Rossi's MotoGP bike to reduce the stress on the frame and therefore flex, as the shock unit is integrated to the swingarm and does not locate/ transmit force to the frame in an area that can not be easily strengthened on the featherbed frame. it is the transmitted stresses that casue the flex in the rear of the frame that un-settle the handling of the bike. I created a hybrid unit using a parts i fabricated, a CBR600F swingarm and parts of the pro-link unit from the latest CBR1000RR

Cheers
    norzilla

apriliaforum newb Brutale Deluxe's Avatar
    John I have to say, this kicks the arse out of most projects do date and stands alone as a truly unique cafe racer.

Damned fine job dude!

Andreas
    Full fat or fuck all!

apriliaforum prov-nov superkart's Avatar
    hello

the unit pro link is very good system; so simple to put on all model of frame i think. one link with frame

if you want see more picts on blue marlin , the link of the french designer , T.henriette..
    http://www.boxer-design.com/intro/intro.html
    http://www.motoplanete.com/boxer-design/SSR-1000.php#1#

the SSR PROTO could be powered by voxan or rotax engine ..
    Last edited by superkart; 10-26-2009 at 07:56 AM.

YES!!! I had a reverse megaphone on my old Buell X1, and that was music. I can't wait to get home and listen to the YouTube.

Beautiful work, and using that swingarm to avoid upsetting the frame- great idea!
    You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.

Dude.....

Beautiful bike.

I just looked at your Unit Pro Link. WOW! I am impressed. And that is a gorgeous machine too.

D-Master
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium 1100 - for sale

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast