Thread: StowX?

Somewhere in my mind....or maybe out of my...

StowX?

I saw this product on eBay. Any feedback from actual owners?
    Oh, I've had a few bikes....

I'd like to buy a vowel?

Extra clues please? How about a link or another tad bit of a clue as to WTF you're talking about?

RZ Rob
    Keep the Rubber Side Down

Bikes

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory - Silver (the fastest color)
    2007 Aprilia SXV 550 - Plated
    1999 Aprilia RS250 - Plated
    2003 Honda CRF150 - Plated (girlfriend's toy)
    2006 Honda CRF450 - Fun Toy
    1970 Honda Z50 - Plated (pretty clean)
    GoPed Sport - Conquered IOM TT in 2000

Sorry about that, I thought someone that has one might recognize the title. It's a little like the tail pack I have for the Tuono, only for SMs or dirt bike use.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/StowX...Q5fAccessories

Interesting. I can't picture anything like that surviving more than a few minutes with me - and the back fender would probably go in the process. I'd opt for the old front number plate storage any day. It has more suspension, and you can see it as it (the contents) flies off into no mans land. On my bike, if I can't carry it, I don't get to bring it with me.

RZ Rob
    Keep the Rubber Side Down

Bikes

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory - Silver (the fastest color)
    2007 Aprilia SXV 550 - Plated
    1999 Aprilia RS250 - Plated
    2003 Honda CRF150 - Plated (girlfriend's toy)
    2006 Honda CRF450 - Fun Toy
    1970 Honda Z50 - Plated (pretty clean)
    GoPed Sport - Conquered IOM TT in 2000

That may be. I have seen a lot of raggedy bags attached to the rear fenders of the bikes my trail buddies ride and it's usually a zipper problem if anything or the screws tear out the bottom corner of the bag.

I might give it a shot and see how it does. I guess it's not that expensive compared to other options and I absolutely hate wearing a pack especially when I'm already sweating my a** off.

Quote Originally Posted by Torque View Post
    That may be. I have seen a lot of raggedy bags attached to the rear fenders of the bikes my trail buddies ride and it's usually a zipper problem if anything or the screws tear out the bottom corner of the bag.

I might give it a shot and see how it does. I guess it's not that expensive compared to other options and I absolutely hate wearing a pack especially when I'm already sweating my a** off.
    I bought a Thor hip pack that I also hated wearing. Ended up strapping it to the handle bars so it is resting against the number plate. It's secure and does the job.

Let us know how this thing holds up.
    07 Tuono

I put a set of these on my KTM and gave them the torture test on some seriously whooped trails last weekend. No problems with them at all, in fact I think the one on the back even stiffens the fender plastic the way it screws the two together. There's enough room in the front box for the tool kit and my keys, that's okay. The back box is where I put a couple tire irons, my co2 cartridges and inflator, tube patch kit, first aid kit, extra m-link, safety wire and some other extras to fill it up. The rear also has a backup strap to hold the bag in case the lid blew off or something, so I don't think I'd worry about losing anything. It's bag is also red, so if it did happen to eject for some reason, I don't think it would be too hard to spot. I'd say it's pretty good product and looks good. It doesn't lock, but neither do the fender bags, but you could pull the inside bag in 15 seconds if you're worried about leaving anything of value on the bike unattended.

My 2 cents!

Cool. Thanks for the report.
    07 Tuono