Page 593 of 593 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593
Results 8,881 to 8,889 of 8889

Thread: What did you do on your Shiver OR Dorsoduro today ??

apriliaforum prov-nov
    The thing with an exhaust leak is that it's not a constant flow. It'll be quite a loud tick, resulting from the pressure pulses escaping through a tiny gap. The soap water trick will be fine, but it might mark the pipes - clearly, it will only really work from cold.

Someone made a template for a heat shield that should be easy enough to follow if it's something you want to do.

I rode with a small leak at the 2-into-1 collector and didn't notice any heat issues, but again I have the heat shield.

I think we'd all love some footage
    2009 Shiver (White) | UK

apriliaforum Junkie brandonmccann's Avatar
    well there's definitely not a loud tick or hiss. Was just thinking that if it was escaping towards my leg, my leg would get hot. Though, the heat is gonna radiate so it may just literally be the exhaust getting warm.

I'm gonna get some thin paper strips like what they put on air vents in buildings to show when the AC is on, and affix them to a stick. I'd assume if there was any air coming out it would move?

I looked at building a heat shield but I lack all the tools and the space for it. AF1 said that it wasn't necessary, and I made preventative measures by placing extra heat tape where Aprilia put some. There's was literally tinfoil lol.

Videos to come today I'm finishing up my work at the moment and then I gotta clean house, but I'll take a proper video this evening when I try to check for a leak.

Note: if there is a leak, as in the decat isn't seated fully. Can I just loosen the one clamp on the right and push up the pipe and try to insert it fully?
    -----------------------------------------
    Seemingly endless conquest(WTB) for - Bazzaz Z-fi tc kit, Healtech quickshifter, GLpro X gear indicator, aftermarket shock, HLD Large Rear Fender, Carbon tank & ignition panels; For 2009 Shiver.
    For SALE - Brake and Clutch Master Cylinders W/ Mad Hornet adjustable levers and OEM mirrors; From a 2009 Shiver.

2009 Aprilia Shiver; Apex Clipons, 520 45T, Motocorsaro o2 Optimiser, DNA filter and snorkel removal, Accosatto clutch & brake masters, Mussan MPdemon header & decat link pipe, Skidmarx Bellypan, HLD seat cowl, Sport Screen, CRG Arrows, LED retrofit(Opt7, Zevo, Watsen), R&G Tidy, Rosmoto Rearsets, T-Rex Sliders.

3 Ducs, 2 Apes, 1 ride. Overcast morning and beautiful afternoon, here in the mountains, northeast of Phoenix.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    2014 DD 750 ABS - Spark exhaust, Arrow decat, headers (all ceramic coated), BMC filter, FatDuc, BikeMaster DLFP16-BS LiFePO battery, GPR steering damper, DD 1200 fully adjustable rear shock w/spring swap, 2016 Tuono Factory wheels, 15/44 520 conversion (PBR/Superlite/DID), Strada-7 fork preload adjusters, Samco 2-piece hose kit w/clamps, Engine Ice, Renazco Racing seat, EvoTech tidy tail, Aprilia grab handles, shorty levers, crank-case breather mod, evap-can delete... and a Rapid Bike EVO on order...

apriliaforum Junkie brandonmccann's Avatar
    Raced some Prius or a Volkswagen. I passed him when the light changed and he thought he could get passed me. Ended that nonsense real quick.

Bike definitely has a good bit more torque, and I also haven't experienced the fueling problems I was having before either. Was able to hit the limiter at 116 in 4th, so I'm sure I can get passed 120 again. Sounds super loud, but runs really well now.

Also the heat problem I was having is I think just something that is going to be there. I think it's just radiating around as it goes top, right, and then left. It just fills around eventually.
    -----------------------------------------
    Seemingly endless conquest(WTB) for - Bazzaz Z-fi tc kit, Healtech quickshifter, GLpro X gear indicator, aftermarket shock, HLD Large Rear Fender, Carbon tank & ignition panels; For 2009 Shiver.
    For SALE - Brake and Clutch Master Cylinders W/ Mad Hornet adjustable levers and OEM mirrors; From a 2009 Shiver.

2009 Aprilia Shiver; Apex Clipons, 520 45T, Motocorsaro o2 Optimiser, DNA filter and snorkel removal, Accosatto clutch & brake masters, Mussan MPdemon header & decat link pipe, Skidmarx Bellypan, HLD seat cowl, Sport Screen, CRG Arrows, LED retrofit(Opt7, Zevo, Watsen), R&G Tidy, Rosmoto Rearsets, T-Rex Sliders.

Apache Trail Rule?
    In the garage now......
    '04 Ducati MTS1000DS Multistrada, '16 Aprilia 1100 Tuono Factory, '09 Aprilia Shiver 750

Used to be in the garage......
    '13 Ducati 1199R Panigale, '13 Suzuki DRZ400SM, '09 ZX10R, '09 Suzuki DRZ400SM, '07 GSX750R, '06 Speed Triple, '04 ZX10R, '02 BMW R1100S Boxer Cup prep, '98 Ducati 748 Mono, '92 Suzuki 400 Bandit, '90 ZX7R Ninja, '89 ZX9R Ninja, '89 GT650 Hawk, '87 ZX750 Ninja, '86 Yamaha FZ600, '85 GPz750, '83 CB650 Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillmoto View Post
    Apache Trail Rule?
    Bush, BeeLine, Usury Pass.

2014 DD 750 ABS - Spark exhaust, Arrow decat, headers (all ceramic coated), BMC filter, FatDuc, BikeMaster DLFP16-BS LiFePO battery, GPR steering damper, DD 1200 fully adjustable rear shock w/spring swap, 2016 Tuono Factory wheels, 15/44 520 conversion (PBR/Superlite/DID), Strada-7 fork preload adjusters, Samco 2-piece hose kit w/clamps, Engine Ice, Renazco Racing seat, EvoTech tidy tail, Aprilia grab handles, shorty levers, crank-case breather mod, evap-can delete... and a Rapid Bike EVO on order...

What model Dukes were they?
    Frodo
    2015 Shiver
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    What model Dukes were they?
    Sport Classic 1000, GT 1000, Monster S2R 1000

apriliaforum Member
    I picked up the forks for my Shiver today from Cogent Dynamics. They installed a Matris cartridge kit and new fork seals in them. I then put my Shiver back together. I had a few minutes before I had to get ready to go somewhere so I thought I'd take a quick test ride. My battery was weak and it wouldn't start. Grrrrrr
    2008 Aprilia Shiver
    2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100

Page 593 of 593 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593