Page 3 of 594 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do on your Shiver OR Dorsoduro today ??

Quote Originally Posted by PedalBin View Post
    Got something on your mind mate?
    OK so now I feel a bit of a tit

As for today, well as usual I rode my DD to work and back, 42 mile round trip, and it pissed own with rain on the way home Still all was OK and of course still fun.

Keith C
    Last edited by keithc; 09-15-2009 at 05:06 PM.
    1982 GL1100 Goldwing
    2006 Suzuki Vstrom 1000GT
    2009 Dorsoduro
    2013 Caponord (from 28/9/13)
    https://www.fuelly.com/driver/mzride...ord?fu=6456444

apriliaforum Junkie mh_dorso750's Avatar

Talking Me cans are on !!

Got my arrows fitted yesterday, and had the first service done...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mick View Post
    Hi all, only picked up my DD on Saturday, went up to Devil's Bridge via Waddington Slaidburn, High Bentham, B roads and unclassifieds mainly, perfect DD country. Sunday evening Rivington via Belmont 200 miles up so far, fantastic bike, may have to invest in the gel seat though ! Will get some pics on asap.
    Sounds like my usual weekend run that Mick........may bump into you one weekend.
    Don't suppose you were at Hein Gerike in Preston recently were you ?
    Been to Rivvy lower barn this aft. I took my baffles out, but I think its TOO loud, I couldn't concentrate. Baffles back in. Think I may just dril a few more holes in them instead of going down the deaf route.

Soz about the quality of the pics below, but I will get some decent ones up soon.

Last edited by mh_dorso750; 09-16-2009 at 02:27 PM.

Well I'm doing nothing on any motorbike this week!
    Courtesy of the weekend's enduro I have my hand all bandaged up. I was turning round a gatepost watching another rider I was trying to overtake and I didn't see the gate latch sticking out. Wallop into the top of my hand missing the bark buster completely. Very sore, swollen and stitched up.

When I got back from the hospital having it sorted the dog (my Avatar) grabs the end of the bandage and starts trying to pull it off.

apriliaforum expert
    What have I done for the past two weeks? Workin' my assssssssss off. I haven't been on the bike since my vacation ended two weeks ago. Gotta love it... go back to work after vacation to do all that you missed along with everything still piling up.

I sense a change coming... Vroom! Vroom!

Well the hospital has removed the bandages and left me with just a sticky plaster thing over the wound part but my plan of changing some fork seals this weekend is looking doubtful. Still can't make a fist - feels very sore and stiff. Might be able to ride the DD though. Maybe it'll be ok when they remove the stitches. Guess I'm lucky not to have smashed the bones or severed a tendon, it was quite an impact.

Got my new dorso yesterday Now done 300 miles. The arrows need the baffles in lol there a bit too loud! I like it but its a bit conspicuous! lol the fuel light comes on around 70 miles and thats at 6k running in! 86-90mph only!! admittedly i have been everywhere at 6k or 90mph i guess tank range when run in is going to be perilous Having said that the seat is pretty tuff so getting off frequently may be no bad thing its a neat little bike tho
    Im like Yeah Woteva

Quote Originally Posted by TuonoTim View Post
    Got my new dorso yesterday Now done 300 miles. The arrows need the baffles in lol there a bit too loud! I like it but its a bit conspicuous! lol the fuel light comes on around 70 miles and thats at 6k running in! 86-90mph only!! admittedly i have been everywhere at 6k or 90mph i guess tank range when run in is going to be perilous Having said that the seat is pretty tuff so getting off frequently may be no bad thing its a neat little bike tho
    I thought the seat was ok but then with the tank range I'm never on it for that long. I'm getting about 85 miles out of mine before and after running in. Might be worth carrying some fuel and checking how far you can actually go before running out. Might be your light comes on early.

i was trying to get rid off the chicken stips on my new tyres
    “If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough”

Quote Originally Posted by kedzis View Post
    Funny, I've been trying to get the chicken strips off mine too, while restricted to 6k before the first service, and in central london. Need to get out of town asap!!!

By the way, mine came with the M3s fitted. Like them lots so far.

Quote Originally Posted by tez180 View Post
    Yeah same here Stu, I'm looking at a old BMW E30 325.
    Just seen this post - get on to Stu at www.eclecticcars.co.uk. He's forever sourcing E30s, and he's in Oxford. Tell him marcus sent you.

Quote Originally Posted by kedzis View Post
    Ha, I'm worried I don't have any!
    Bloody tyres too small or rim too big on the DD and you run out of tyre.

apriliaforum Junkie mh_dorso750's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by TuonoTim View Post
    Got my new dorso yesterday Now done 300 miles. The arrows need the baffles in lol there a bit too loud!
    I agree with that, far too loud with them out. Although my mate said that it's louder from infront than from behind !!

Bit too quiet with the baffles in though, think I'm going to drill a few more holes in them or shorten the length ?

Anyone modified any baffles before ?

Now there's an idea.
    Let us know how you get on.
    If you can get it just a teensy bit louder I might have a go myself.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    J. Krishnamurti
    Zeitgeist

Never confuse who you are with what you do.
    Makka

Went to get ice cream with my 10 YO daughter on the back yesterday. We went through a hard right into a traffic circle bearing left then annother hard right back out... After the twistys she cracked the intercom and asked... Daddy, how fast would we have to go to get a knee down in that corner? I responded with teary eyes... way faster than the speed limit sweety... What I really want ot say was, lets turn around and see.
    Yes, it's Italian. Yes, It's fast. No you can't ride it.

How old was your daughter when she first rode with you? I have a 5 year old I'm pinning my hopes on, as his 19-year old sister won't go on, neither will his mom!

Page 3 of 594 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast