Thread: Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200

apriliaforum newb

Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200

Hey, guys what do you think about this...

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2008/....html:worship:

Link fix: http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2008/...iver-1200.html

"Tuesday, October 14, 2008" - nearly a year old news and still nothing from Aprilia about it.
    Done: Evotech tail tidy, Touno U-bolt, Polished downpipe, Stebel Nautilus 139dB horn, Phillips Motovision high/low beam bulbs - Akrapovic slip-ons - Akrapovic Underseat Stainless Protection Panel - Supersprox 15t front and 46t rear sprockets - DID 525 VM2 Gold chain
    DIY guide: Stebel Nautilus on a Shiver

Quote Originally Posted by Prilleren View Post
    Link fix: http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2008/...iver-1200.html

"Tuesday, October 14, 2008" - nearly a year old news and still nothing from Aprilia about it.
    please don't tell me you're surprised

Done: ** Maxtreme decat and exhaust ** Rear hugger ** Aprilia Race Levers ** Hyperpro Progressive Suspension ** Evotech Bar Ends (Gold) ** CRG Bar End Mirror ** Aprilia Tail Tidy **

Quote Originally Posted by Grandia View Post
    please don't tell me you're surprised
    Absolutely not. However I will be surprised when Aprilia is announcing a 1200 Shiver/Dorso with Brembo disc´ and a fuel map for aftermarket exhausts
    Done: Evotech tail tidy, Touno U-bolt, Polished downpipe, Stebel Nautilus 139dB horn, Phillips Motovision high/low beam bulbs - Akrapovic slip-ons - Akrapovic Underseat Stainless Protection Panel - Supersprox 15t front and 46t rear sprockets - DID 525 VM2 Gold chain
    DIY guide: Stebel Nautilus on a Shiver

As per the other thread I'd rather they developed the 750 so I can upgrade to a lighter, faster and more agile factory version. But they probably need a 1200 to compete with the market.

Agreed. The market seems to be demanding more and more capacity, and power. I'm not convinced it's necessary but where there's demand...

Ex-owner: 2007 Shiver, Aprilia screen, Tuono forks and Brembos, Hyperpro Springs F&R, 46T rear sprocket (supersprox), DNA Filter, Akrapovics, Gold wheels, Michelin Pilot Road IIs

Quote Originally Posted by burty View Post
    Agreed. The market seems to be demanding more and more capacity, and power. I'm not convinced it's necessary but where there's demand...
    It's all willie waving. You can't use it on the road unless you have a death wish. I had a slow litre bike but had to really pick my moments to use full throttle and I'd get nervous at 3 figures on the clock both for safety and licence. That's why I bought the DD. Now it's run in I'm finding the power is just right for me and I actually get hard on the gas while cranked over. On the litre I was always worried the back would break loose if I was too aggressive. On the road there are too many cars, trees, lamp-posts and walls to play around near the limit.

I chose the Shiver precisely because it didn't have huge capacity and power. If I'd have wanted 120 BHP and all that goes along with it I'd have kept the Tuono.

Ex-owner: 2007 Shiver, Aprilia screen, Tuono forks and Brembos, Hyperpro Springs F&R, 46T rear sprocket (supersprox), DNA Filter, Akrapovics, Gold wheels, Michelin Pilot Road IIs

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iancp5 View Post
    It's all willie waving. You can't use it on the road unless you have a death wish.
    Yeah, imagine what the throttle repsonse would be like of a 1200 in Sport mode

Went down to the Ace Cafe Brighton day out with 2 mates on a GSXR 600 & an 06 fireblade. They look down on the DD as they are only "sportsbike" boys. Up to 110mph I kept with them all the way. Admittedly over that was a strugle but they did comment how quick the DD was. When we hit the heavy traffic into & out of Brighton..... well, left them well behind. You know, those sports bike bars just hit the car mirrors . I also wasn't making attemps to resurect my back & wrists at every opportunity along the way.

I think a 1200 DD would be a blast & I would buy 1 if it was a factory version. It would be nice to do the od power wheelie but I wouldn't be looking for additional top end with windblast!. Bigger tank would be a must though