Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Rider seriously injured

apriliaforum expert
    sounds cool, any idea how the shirts are looking?
    I wish they could hand out some of those # decals Kruzel made with the shirts

Zac is on his way home.
    "All political power comes from the barrel of either guns,pussy or opium pipes.......and people seem to like it that way."

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Latest info from Yuliya

Updates from Jenny, Sunday Sep. 27:

Fred said that Zac is doing well today. He continues to breath over the vent. All of his vital signs were good today. Zac must be excited that he gets to come home to Texas tomorrow!!! Continue in prayer for the trip home, and I will update all of you tomorrow as soon as I can when I get done visiting with my son!!! It's been 3 weeks since I've seen him...seems like an eternity. I am so excited, I hope I can get some sleep.

Updates from Saturday Sep. 26:

Thank you to everyone that bought a T-shirt at the race today. I got a good report from Alannah!! Wear those shirts with pride!!

Spoke to Fred and Zac continues to breath over the vent. He did have some more trouble with the tube feeding yesterday, but is doing better today. We found out that there is a good chance that he will come home on Monday now!! The non-profit "Grace on Wings " will be bringing him to Texas on a plane with medical staff trained in the care of critically ill patients.

This is quite the process transporting someone from one state to another. Zac will be sent to the airport in Virginia from the hospital in an ambulance. He is then transferred onto the airplane with all equipment needed, and flown to our Meachum airport. He will then be transferred into and ambulance and taken to Kindred. You can see why he will need peace and quiet for a while. Please pray that the Lord will make the trip as uneventful as possible for Zac. Pray that the Lord will bless these medical professionals who donate their time and expertise, and guide them in the care of Zac while he travels. Thank you Lord for leading us to this wonderful organization and may others who need their services find them as well!!
    A mind is like a parachute: It doesn't work if it isn't open. FZ

When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right. Victor Hugo

So, the fear of death might be described as the fear of not being able to become whom one had planned to be. Pascal Mercier

Thanks to everyone, especially AF1, for helping to make this trip for Zac possible. Some very generous folks helped out and AF1 took a principle roll in this effort, looking for transport deals and communicating throughout this process and putting up cold, hard cash.

AF1=RESPECT!

BTW, any additional efforts of a charitable nature are really appreciated by the family.

Thanks all,

AXE
    Last edited by Axecent; 09-28-2009 at 02:42 PM.

So, the fear of death might be described as the fear of not being able to become whom one had planned to be. Pascal Mercier

On more special thanks: to Murat for all of his efforts, too. It is a very generous person that will take time off from his professional responsibilities as a doctor to take a personal involvement in helping.

Thanks, man!

2:00PM

The plane is refueling at Little Rock Airport!
    "All political power comes from the barrel of either guns,pussy or opium pipes.......and people seem to like it that way."

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Beautiful. I have been praying about this. It has really been on my mind. Thanks for all the updates.
    While alive, he lived!
    2001 Aprilia Futura (given to my eldest son)
    2002 Aprilia Caponord (gone to a great friend)
    2007 Aprilia SXV550- whoa nellie, gone but not forgotten, damn trouble maker

Current Bikes:
    2002 Aprilia Mille R
    2003 Aprilia Tuono Magnet Grey
    2017 KTM 250XC
    2017 KTM 250XCF
    2005 Yamaha FJR1300
    2001 Yamaha TTR125 modified.
    2003 Kawasaki KDX200
    1975 Yamaha TY80 Trials

Photos here.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Update

Update from Jenny, Tue. Sep. 29:

Boy, have we been busy these last 2 days! Zac's flight went without a hitch and he made it safe and sound to Kindred. The great flight crew took really good care of him; even praying over Zac before they left Virginia, and then praying over him again before they left Kindred here in Texas.
    We met his primary Dr. last night, and met 2 of his other Dr's today. We have liked them all so far. They have already started the process of weaning him off the vent. Today, he was able to breath on his own for about an hour! When he is on the vent, he is breathing above it consistently now.
    Zac is moving his head and cracking open his eyes. He seems to be reacting to visits made by family members by doing these things while they are talking to him. We are slowly allowing family members to visit Zac within a schedule. The physical medicine Dr. said it would be important to ease into this as to not over stimulate him.
    We will be helping Zac to learn his days and nights. Poor Zac, no more late nights...lights out at 9:00!! It has been so good to get Zac home, I just can't find the right words to say thank you to all of you that have had a part in this. It is so comforting having him only 20-30 minutes away. I really feel that Zac is going to start showing more progress because he can tell he is home among family and friends

Prayers sent from California. Get well Zac!!!

Ricky Corey
    RCR Aprilia
    AF1 Racing
    Corey & Son's Const.
    Axial Video Systems
    Santa Cruz Cycle Imports
    Accu-Products
    San Jose Yamaha
    Brake Tech Rotors
    AFAM Sprockets
    Bullet DVR
    Kyle Racing
    Sharkskinz
    Dunlop

apriliaforum expert RSVRFACTORY's Avatar
    I am glad he has made it home and now he can focus on resting and healing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by falco03 View Post
    anyone that'd do that to a falco oughtta have their nuts tacked to a stump and then pushed over backwards.

My carbon footprint is about 3% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're green enough

Another update

From Zac's Mom:

Zac continues to do well weaning off the vent. Today he was able to be completely disconnected from the vent for 2 hours!! They put him back on so that he could rest for the night. Can't wait to see how he does tomorrow. Earlier in the day his heart rate went up, but they decided he might be dehydrated, so they pushed some fluids and that did the trick.
    He is now wearing a softer, and more comfortable neck support. Tomorrow he is to get a new (longer) bed and a new mattress. I tell them, "he is a long, tall Texan". There are still 2 more Dr's to meet, maybe that will happen tomorrow as well.
    With all the sickness going around we are going to be very picky about visitors coming to see Zac. He has battled so many infections, and currently has pneumonia again we found out yesterday, that we will ask everyone who is not 100% healthy to not come until they are. We feel that everyone would understand, and agree, that we only want what is best for Zac.
    Keep the prayers coming for a complete and total recovery! May God receive all the glory and praise!!!
    Last edited by Axecent; 12-28-2009 at 06:32 AM.

Today's update from his mom

Update Thursday Oct. 1

Zac has had a very busy day. When I got there this morning they were doing an echocardiogram because of his increased heart rate yesterday. Before that person had left his room, the man arrived to put in a midline in Zac's left arm so that he won't have to worry with I.V. lines now.
    Then the infectious disease Dr. came, then the pulmonary Dr. came, then Zac got his new bed, then Zac got his trach replaced (they have to be replaced once a month), and he also got a bath and shave. He was taken off the vent at 10:30 this morning, and when I left he was still off the vent and they were planning on leaving him off throughout the night unless he started having problems!!
    They got Zac a special chair to sit up in, but when it was delivered it was for an obese person. Zac is weighing somewhere around 130-135# now, so needless to say it was too wide for him. They are giving Zac medications to help him "emerge" from his coma. His primary Dr. also came by today and said "We just have to wait and see". Boy, have we heard that all along this journey!
    Zac continued to move his head today, but he didn't crack his eyes open. We were happy that the Dr's said that Zac can have his neck brace off when he is in bed. The CT scan showed no fractures, so his skull fracture has healed. They are doing his feedings differently now. Instead of constant feeding throughout the day, they are giving him a feeding every 6 hours. He is tolerating this well so far.
    Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. This will be a long journey for all of us. We don't know what the future holds for us, but we continue to ask God for a complete healing and full restoration for Zac. I just feel that God has much more work for him and many lives to touch through his testimony.

Thoughts and Prayers go your way. Thanks for your vigilance, Axecent. You folks must be exhausted. Take time for yourselves too.
    CURRENT:
    07 Tuono
    09 KTM 300XC
    03 ZO6
    94 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by mrgadway View Post
    Thoughts and Prayers go your way. Thanks for your vigilance, Axecent. You folks must be exhausted. Take time for yourselves too.
    No, I am only passing along the information received from others. His family and their close friends are doing all the work.

Thanks for your support. I too hope things work out for Zac and his family in the best possible way.

Just found this updateFrom Zac's Mom::

Update from Friday Oct. 2

Well, God answered the prayer fast that Zac would wean off the vent easily. He has now been off the vent for over 33 hours!! This afternoon when i got to his room, I was told by the director of respiratory that he was not even rec'g the oxygen through his trach anymore.
    The correct size Barton chair was delivered tonight, and hopefully Zac will be transferred into it tomorrow so that he can sit up for a while. His primary Dr. came and we discussed chosing a neurosurgeon when it is time for Zac's surgery to have the bone flap put back in. Fred and I have one in mind and he and Zac's primary Dr. are personal friends.
    Again, this proves to me how God is in control of this whole situation and continues to answer our prayers for guidance every step of the way. Zac did crack his eyes open tonight, the right one more than the left. He had 3 more visitors today. We are gradually allowing people to come and see Zac, but if you are not 100% healthy, you won't be allowed near him. Remember, only what's best for Zac
    Last edited by Axecent; 12-28-2009 at 06:32 AM.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast