Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rider seriously injured

I just sent some money, it's not alot but all I could in these difficult times.

Bill.
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS, TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER!

Quote Originally Posted by begood View Post
    I just sent some money, it's not alot but all I could in these difficult times.

Bill.
    Thanks Bill....every dollar helps and is appreciated.
    A mind is like a parachute: It doesn't work if it isn't open. FZ

When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right. Victor Hugo

So, the fear of death might be described as the fear of not being able to become whom one had planned to be. Pascal Mercier

I checked into the cost to do this mission. Unfortunately, the 13K cost quote that was already mentioned on the thread is a long way under what our fixed cost would be to get Zac moved. The company would most likely be willing to do this type of thing in these circumstances at cost (ie. no profit) but even our breaking even costs would far exceed the amount they have had the service offered to them already. You have to keep in mind the origination point beiing Anchorage, Alaska. Flying to and landing in Roanoke, VA, transport to Texas, then a return to Anchorage. Fuel costs, engine start cycles and lift fees would far exceed 20K. Not to mention the waived medical director and flight personnel fees. If I can be of any assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me. I feel bad if this attempt got anyone's hopes up.
    While alive, he lived!
    2001 Aprilia Futura (given to my eldest son)
    2002 Aprilia Caponord (gone to a great friend)
    2007 Aprilia SXV550- whoa nellie, gone but not forgotten, damn trouble maker

Current Bikes:
    2002 Aprilia Mille R
    2003 Aprilia Tuono Magnet Grey
    2017 KTM 250XC
    2017 KTM 250XCF
    2005 Yamaha FJR1300
    2001 Yamaha TTR125 modified.
    2003 Kawasaki KDX200
    1975 Yamaha TY80 Trials

Quote Originally Posted by nomadak View Post
    I checked into the cost to do this mission. Unfortunately, the 13K cost quote that was already mentioned on the thread is a long way under what our fixed cost would be to get Zac moved. The company would most likely be willing to do this type of thing in these circumstances at cost (ie. no profit) but even our breaking even costs would far exceed the amount they have had the service offered to them already. You have to keep in mind the origination point beiing Anchorage, Alaska. Flying to and landing in Roanoke, VA, transport to Texas, then a return to Anchorage. Fuel costs, engine start cycles and lift fees would far exceed 20K. Not to mention the waived medical director and flight personnel fees. If I can be of any assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me. I feel bad if this attempt got anyone's hopes up.
    Never feel bad for trying. Yours are all positive thoughts and those are good for all of us. Thanks for running this up the flag pole. If you are ever in Texas, look us up!

AXE

So, the fear of death might be described as the fear of not being able to become whom one had planned to be. Pascal Mercier

Graphicologist Extraordinaire ckruzel's Avatar
    i made up a bunch of these for pitbull handles

2010 White RSV4R
    Custom Graphics
    decal questions? email me at kruzel (at)drippinwet.com
    check us out on facebook!
    Making Decals for some of the Fastest People on the Planet
    J.Hayes | M.Paris | J.Herrin | Z.Herrin | D.Westby | T.Knapp | S.Coviello | S.Villa | H.Nash | B.Solis | J.Day | C.West | A.Welsh | E.Meyers | D.Eslick | G.May | C.Alexander | D.Gaviria | J.Rispoli | J.Pascarella | B.Cretu | S.Mesa |C.Sellerom (check us out on facebook)

apriliaforum expert
    wanted to make sure everyone had the WERA thread, it is the most up to date

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=224418

Quote Originally Posted by ckruzel View Post
    i made up a bunch of these for pitbull handles

Those look great, thank you so much.

apriliaforum expert
    What a great family. Thoughts and prayers for Zack, and Fred you know where to keep your focus, on HIM who can make all things happen.

Your friend in North Carolina,
    Stan

Fast Motorcycles, A Fine Woman and Good Living!

apriliaforum prov-nov Twinstar driver's Avatar
    I would offer my help if i was in your area. Try http://www.angelflight.com/
    Owner/ operator Motocomposites.com
    2010 RSV4R

Update on Zac's condition from Yuliya

Updates from Friday night Aug. 28/From Zac's Mom:

Zac had another good day. I found out that yesterday Zac was breathing on his own for 12 hours. Today, they have his vent setting on 2, but the nurse wasn't sure why they did not try letting Zac breath on his own completely. His temp and blood pressure are good. Zac is reacting to a pinch on his shoulder area by either turning his head or his heart rate goes up. This is new and good!!

The nurse told me tonight that they will not be putting the shunt in until around Sept. 9th. Julia and I will be flying back up labor day weekend for Zac's birthday on Sept. 7th. We are getting ready for the "Zac Attack" benefit tomorrow. Thank you to everyone involved;I know this has taken hard work. As always, thank you for your love, concerns, and prayers!! God bless you all...

Updates from Saturday night Aug. 29:

Well, we had a great turnout at the "Zac Attack" benefit. Thank you to everyone, especially Becky, for their hard work. Haven't had much of a change in Zac's condition from earlier today. They have seen movement in his arms and legs. There was an episode of purposeful movement in Zac's right hand last night.

Zac appears to be attempting to open his eyes. There is some eye(ball) movement that is making the neurosurgeon wonder if Zac is having small seizures, so they will be doing another EEG tomorrow. His temp was 100.4 and his intracranial pressure was good. This is stressful for a family, so please pray for peace to abound.

[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Axecent; 12-28-2009 at 06:34 AM.

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Where in Virginia? I have been out on the run and have not heard if he has been moved yet? I will be in far eastern Tennessee with Rental car 3rd-7th September and my birthday is the day after Zac's, odd huh? I have a couple of functions that I must attend while in TN but might have a free day to make a road trip?

This is really good hopeful news, very glad to hear it.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Another Yuliya update

Yuliya sent this:

From Zac's Mom:

Updates from last night (Monday Aug. 31)

Just got off the phone with the evening shift nurse. She read to me some of the EEG report, but we agreed that a neurosurgoen should give their interpretation to make sure of the meaning. I can say that there were no seizure patterns present. This is not necessarily a good thing.

In a way, it would be better if Zac was having seizures, then that would explain why he isn't "coming out" of the coma more and they could give him more/different anti seizure medication that would hopefully stop them. Hope to be able to tell everyone more tomorrow about the EEG.

The vent. is at a rate of 6 and Zac is breathing 15-16. His temp. was 99.5 at its highest. The nurse did say that Zac was having movement in his legs, but not the arms tonight. He did react to a pinch in the neck/shoulder area by turning his head.

Therapy is coming in and moving his arms and legs so they don't get stiff. Of course, being a therapist myself, I can't help but do the same when I am there as well as making sure he is positioned well in the bed, etc.

I can't say thank you enough to everyone who came to the "Zac Attack" Benefit. It looks as if over $7000 was raised!! Please pray that guidance will be given in all decisions ahead, whether financial or medical. We must do what's best for Zac. Continue to pray for a complete recovery for Zac!! Love to all of you...

Axecent, can you get me some EEG's or anything you can get your hands on. Do you have a place in mind where he is going to be taken care of in TX?
    I cannot promise too much but will do my best to help out.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus (Epitoma rei militaris)

Yuliya's update

Updates from Wednesday night Sep. 9:

From Zac's Mom:

The neurosurgeon has scheduled Zac's surgery for 1:30 on Friday. (That's 12:30 our time)They have decided to just insert the shunt and not put back in the piece of Zac's skull that had been removed due to swelling. They do not want to increase the risk of infection by doing that at the same time.

There has been an overwhelming response to the sale of Zac T-shirts. Alannah has graciously accepted the responsibility of taking orders for these. I want to say that the price for an XL shirt is $17 compared to other sizes at $15. There may be a slight delay on getting these to you as another order had to be placed!!!

Her email address is lannah@rocketmail.com Please contact her if you want T-shirts. Those of you that have already emailed me, I will forward your request. If she has to ship the shirts, there may be extra charge for shipping. Please continue to pray for Zac and his upcoming surgery. Much love to you all...

Quote Originally Posted by muratd View Post
    Axecent, can you get me some EEG's or anything you can get your hands on. Do you have a place in mind where he is going to be taken care of in TX?
    I cannot promise too much but will do my best to help out.
    I'll call when I get some info.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast