Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rider seriously injured

Made my donation yesterday – the Chapman’s are CMRA family so this hits close to home. All my thoughts and prayers for Zac’s full recovery.

Graphicologist Extraordinaire ckruzel's Avatar
    i never met zac, but i wanted to help out, so i made these for the benefit, i think i made 144 of them, sending them to tx on monday

crappy iphone image
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2010 White RSV4R
    Custom Graphics
    decal questions? email me at kruzel (at)drippinwet.com
    check us out on facebook!
    Making Decals for some of the Fastest People on the Planet
    J.Hayes | M.Paris | J.Herrin | Z.Herrin | D.Westby | T.Knapp | S.Coviello | S.Villa | H.Nash | B.Solis | J.Day | C.West | A.Welsh | E.Meyers | D.Eslick | G.May | C.Alexander | D.Gaviria | J.Rispoli | J.Pascarella | B.Cretu | S.Mesa |C.Sellerom (check us out on facebook)

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    On the subject of medical transport: I have contacted a few people I know with private jets, they told me that this is normally done with a person in this condition in a specially outfitted, small, fast business jet. Does anyone know where to rent one of these or how to get the ball rolling, once they give the OK to transport we need to get ac and Fred home from VA asap to North Texas. Just between last night and today I found about $30k in funding to make it happen but have no idea what it is really going to cost.

Help, via post, pm, email, phone, whatever!
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

not sure if i've understood what your asking, but something along these lines ??????

http://www.google.com/search?q=medical+transport+services&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a
    #1 Forum Mod Pisser-Offer

Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will
    I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim!!!

Exactly, http://www.airaasi.com/services.htm has already been contacted, just to get an idea on what this might end up costing. When the time comes and the docs say yes, we need to get Zac and Fred home.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

from what I recall, it was about 10k an hour for your typical(ish) VIP jet, that say some sports stars or exec's might use. Now that was just for calling up and saying have a jet ready at XYZ and get me to ABC. I HOPE it's much cheaper for something of this nature, but we all know how health related issue's are priced

Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will
    I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim!!!

Apriliaforum.com Administrator Jon / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    I think the link you meant to use is:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=medical+transport+services

I have talked to Fred Chapman, and he says it will cost about $13K to fly Zac from Roanoke VA to Fort Worth TX. His insurance covers $1K of that, so he needs to come up with $12K.

We are currently looking for people to pledge money to help. If you feel like pledging please contact me at jon@af1racing.com and let me know how much.
    Jon Francis
    AF1 Racing Austin
    Aprilia / Vespa / Piaggio / Moto Guzzi / Zero Electric Motorcycles
    304 E. Cesar Chavez St.
    Austin, TX 78701

AF1 Racing Aprilia / Vespa / Piaggio
    699 W San Antonio St.
    New Braunfels, TX 78130

Phone: toll-free 877-626-3966 (DYNO)
    direct 830-626-3966 (DYNO)
    fax 830-626-3969

www.af1racing.com www.apriliaforum.com
    info@af1racing.com info@apriliaforum.com

#1 Aprilia Dealer in the USA for 2011
    #1 Aprilia Dealer in the World for Parts and Accessories

I am in for $3k, the shop should go in for a similar amount. I was about to push the button on a new camera, this is more important by far! Lets get this funded guys! Zac needs to come home and be close to loved ones.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

OK, I am in for $3K.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
    -- Isaac Asimov

apriliaforum expert Ozman2downs's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about Zac. Best wishes.

I've used AeroCare before and I highly recommend them. I think they are out of Illinois. Here's the home page link http://www.aerocare.com/default.asp and here's a link for a free online quote http://www.aerocare.com/onlinequote.asp

I'm not sure of Zac's exact condition, but the level of care necessary for transport is the driving force behind the price.

A second option, pending condition, is to simply use a commercial flight with paid/volunteer medics. I flew a family member back from Italy this way 5 ish years ago. (Head trauma and broken spine.) We just bought two first class spots to laid the patient out in and a few more for me and medics. The airlines were extremely accommodating. They removed the chairs and worked hand over fist to help out. An ambulance was able to get clearance to pick-up right at the gate here in LAX. There were some customs/security hassles, but it went off without a hitch for the patient.

My prayers are with Zac and his family.
    Victory comes with a price!

OzMan, great idea but due to heavy level of life support we are looking at a specialized transport in this case. Will look into suggested link. Back in another life when I worked in Mexico as a tour guide doing moto adventure tours we were actually contracted with a Cali company that did anything from mercenary level support to medical evac with choppers.

Looking good, I have $6k committed right now at the very least.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

In addition to our personal donations we want to help out as much as possible as a company. We know we are all extremely lucky to be part of this sport and the motorcycle racing Family, and we also know that Fred, Zac, and their Family would do the same (and probably more) to help us should we ever have to face the same circumstances ourselves.

In the hope that a little motivation will encourage some to donate for the first time, and others that have already given to dig a little deeper, we have set up a donation section to our online store where 100% will reach Fred.

In return for your kindness we will ship out, completely free of charge, a selection of products from our store depending on the level that you donate.

If you have the means please check it out: http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scrip...dCategory=2089

Guys what about a raffle of some sort????

I don't really have much of anything to donate other than a used SXV motor and a Janis Joplin painting (my own original) which is actually a rip off of Frank Baalam's Janis Joplin painting. I doubt anyone would want either but it's all I have and you guys are obviously doing enough already so Hopefully someone might have something they could part with

Quote Originally Posted by Jon / AF1 Racing View Post
    Guys,

Zac's Dad is currently trying to arrange Medical Transport for his son from Roanoke back to Dallas. If anyone knows people in this field please make yourself known through email, PM or call the shop. We are closed Sat-Sun but we do monitor the email over the weekend.

Thank You,

Jon and everyone at AF1 Racing
    I am a critical care flight paramedic. I would gladly donate my services to get him home free of charge. I am on the other side of the country though.

My company could possibly do this for cost. I will check into it tomorrow when I am on duty. www.lifemedalaska.com .
    Last edited by nomadak; 08-22-2009 at 10:08 PM.
    While alive, he lived!
    2001 Aprilia Futura (given to my oldest son)
    2002 Aprilia Caponord (gone to a great friend)
    2007 Aprilia SXV550- whoa nellie, gone but not forgotten, damn trouble maker

Current Bikes:
    2002 Aprilia Mille R
    2003 Aprilia Tuono Magnet Grey

Awesome Nomadak, this is the kind of thing that restores my personal faith in humanity. Hell, van-man was in yesterday and is trying to find out if his air force unit might be able to do the op as a special training mission and publicity thing using a flying military trauma center on a C130. The good ness of people in hard times, it makes everything else worthwhile!

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast