Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Rider seriously injured

apriliaforum newb

Rider seriously injured

Exactly same thing happened with my friend. He was also a good racer but due to the accident in racing he became handicapped. He lost his left leg. Really it is a heart touching story.

In theory, there is no difference between theory & practice. In practice, there is.

From Zac's Dad, Fred:

"Me and Zac have a prayer request, could you forward this to all my Brothers and Sisters for me?
    Zac is coming home for good on friday the 30th! Praise to my Daddy and Master!! When the doctors told me their prognosis and wanted me to shut the machines off (3 times) I kept repeating in my head what Daddy spoke to me on the flight to Virginia---"Don't worry about Zac I'm going to totally restore him"! I always knew that one day I would bring him home.

You see yesterday was my 26th birthday-26 years ago I was diagnosed with terminal cancer and the doctors gave me 6 mo. at the most to live. But you see God spoke! And HE said "the doctors give you 6 mo. I didn't". You see when God speaks WE need to hear and LISTEN (there is a diffence) and I went into "agreement" with Daddy. I found that a man with an Argument has nothing, against a man with an Experience"! So surely you can see why I'm so happy.

But brothers I'm going to have a great responsibility on my shoulders to bare alone because I don't have a wife or family to help with him, and I know God will give me the strenght as He has this far but I just need to know my brothers are praying for us (Eph. 6:18 and also 19).

Here are some specific things to pray for Zac:
    1) He will be starting outpatient therapy in FTW at least 3 days a week at Harris BITS program (outpatient day Neuro)and so far the way it looks there no transportation services to help with getting there, And I don't have the money for gas.
    2) Zac has progressed in speech therapy and has been approved to eat food by mouth without a therapist present! WooHoo!! He is so happy and is loving to get to eat all those foods he has missed for 2 yrs. Now the problem is that Zac now eats in the cafeteria at Pate with all the other patients and he has a nutritionist that takes what they're eating and puree's it for Zac to eat. All those meals are provided by Pate thru his insurance. Now I'm going to have a hugh expense buying enough wholesome food for him and I don't see how I'm going to be able to have the time to cook all these meals. You see right now Zac has 3 people (nurse/tech/nutritionist) that take care of all his needs 24/7 and I'm usually max'd out taking care of all his administrative needs (dealing with ins.co./DARS/Medicaid/Doctors/pharmacy) and it's a literal full time job, honestly I'm lucky if I get 5 hrs. sleep a night. It's been that way for the last 25 mo.'s and now I'm going to be trying to do it all!
    3) Now that it's getting close to him coming home I beginning to realize more of what it's going to take and how things are going to work, I thought once Zac got home I would be able to get back to rebuilding my businesses (self employed On-site computer service last 20 yrs./motorcycle salvage rebuilder) to support us and pay the bills but it looks like I'm going to be taking care of him 24/7 and won't be able to leave him alone--at least til he progresses more.
    We won't be able to make it on mine and Zac's Social Security Disability.
    4) There are things that need to be done to the house in order for Zac to be mobile and independent in and out of the house and to have a good quality of daily living. This is a great problem to have since after Zac beat all the odds and survived. Then the doctors he would be a vegetable the rest of life and would lay in a nursing home until he died of pnuemonia or an infection.Ha! Thank you Lord for giving me this problem to overcome.

Zac WILL have VICTORY! because Zac's fovorite scripture is Phil. 4:13, Since he was 13 he had decals made up and put them on top of his gas tank and over the years he had a lot of racers in AMA/WERA/CMRA start asking him for one to put on their tank. Although Zac was a quiet kid he was really looked up to at the races, this was his ministry to the his peers at the races.

Today is Wed. and I'm having to head back Anna Tx. to start packing up his apartment to move back sat. and i still
    don't have the house ready. There is so much to be done before friday, it's been hard to accomplish alone but I know somehow I'll get it all done thru Jesus!

WOW this has been some good carpet time! It feels good to just get it out of my head :-)

I want to thank you brothers for the Love, caring ,support and encouragement that you guys have given me and my boys. You are truly "Fully Alive"

***I also want to invite you all to Zac's Home Coming party that my Lifegroup is throwing him Sat. the 8th from 12p-5p. And I think Marsha Fisher who is heading it up said it's going to be a potluck!

Your Brother in Christ, Fred Chapman"

Bill Erzal and I had lunch with Zac and his dad, Fred, yesterday at Texas World Speedway. Zak is talking up a storm, posting to facebook constantly, and now getting to enjoy solid foods. He recently had pizza for the first time and Fred said they had to pull him away from the table. His most recent surgery was to put stints in his eyelids to help prop them up so his corneas do not dry out. Fred still has not been able to work since devoting himself to full time care for Zac.

It is a long hard road for recovery, but Zac is attacking it full force.

I appreciate the update. Praying for the family.
    While alive, he lived!
    2001 Aprilia Futura (given to my eldest son)
    2002 Aprilia Caponord (gone to a great friend)
    2007 Aprilia SXV550- whoa nellie, gone but not forgotten, damn trouble maker

Current Bikes:
    2002 Aprilia Mille R
    2003 Aprilia Tuono Magnet Grey
    2017 KTM 250XC
    2017 KTM 250XCF
    2005 Yamaha FJR1300
    2001 Yamaha TTR125 modified.
    2003 Kawasaki KDX200
    1975 Yamaha TY80 Trials

apriliaforum newb
    Good kid for sure, and Jon and I can still say we even beat him racing a few times....back on YSR50's when he was a wee little lad, guess that does not really count. Seriously guys, if you have anything to help them with they need it and it will be appreciated in a way you can never fully understand unless you are yourself in that position.

Saw Zak at the TWS 8 hour Endurance races on Saturday morning pre-race, and talked to him as well as his parents. I mentioned the efforts made by AF1 Racing to help out and they were all very appreciative....I mentioned to them that AF1 was at the track and if they had time, say hello. Zak has lost hearing in one ear and was in a wheelchair, but he was getting himself around later solo. It is an emotional experience seeing him. Lotsa kudos to all of you and AF1 for what you did....you can be proud of yourselves as it was a noble effort on everyone's part!
    A mind is like a parachute: It doesn't work if it isn't open. FZ

When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right. Victor Hugo

So, the fear of death might be described as the fear of not being able to become whom one had planned to be. Pascal Mercier

apriliaforum expert
    Ran into Zac and his Dad Sat at the GP race. Got to talk to them for quite awhile, was great to see him out there enjoying the festivities and they even didn't know about the AF1 party that night so I had them text Jon so they could swing by for a few.

Bump! Just sharing the latest in case anyone would like to help:
    https://www.gofundme.com/fundraiser-for-zac-chapman

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516