Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rider seriously injured

Rider seriously injured

I received this information today on another forum and thought I would pass it on here, as I have also heard other riders telling me of the difficulty this racer is going through and the hardships on his family at this time. If this has been posted elsewhere in the forum, my apologies.

LATEST FUNDRAISER: https://www.gofundme.com/fundraiser-for-zac-chapman

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=37639

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=224418

https://share.acrobat.com/adc/adc.do...1-2d241b860f93

Updates here: http://www.newriver.tv/zac/

Zac Chapman is a 19 year old who is madly in love with motorcycles. Zac’s passion for anything two wheeled led him to a career in motorcycle racing and a job at Family PowerSports in Weatherford, TX.

On Saturday, August 8th Zac was injured while racing his motorcycle. He remains in a trauma clinic in Roanoke, VA. Because of his strong Christian Faith we have hope he will be home with us soon.

The benefit will be August 29th at Family Powersports, 1811 Fort Worth Hwy, Weatherford, TX 76086, (817) 596-3244.

Send your donation to
    Zac Chapman Benefit
    C/O First National Bank
    PO Box 730 Weatherford, TX 76086

You can also donate directly via PayPal without incurring any fees to the following account: flchapman@gmail.com

Choose "Personal" and "Gift" to make a one-time contribution without PayPal fees even if paying with a credit or debit card; the confirmation message may refer to "PC Consulting" - that's Zac's dad (Fred's) company so this WILL get to him in this time of need.

Those of you in DFW area, please consider attending the benefit.

Please spread the word and share the flyer with other groups you are active with.

Sending Zac healing thoughts..

Yuliya
    Last edited by Ted / AF1 Racing; 07-25-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: added link to latest fundraiser
    A mind is like a parachute: It doesn't work if it isn't open. FZ

When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right. Victor Hugo

So, the fear of death might be described as the fear of not being able to become whom one had planned to be. Pascal Mercier

I may have the wrong kid, but I believe he raced the sxv a couple years ago
    #1 Forum Mod Pisser-Offer

Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will
    I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim!!!

Apriliaforum.com Administrator Jon / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Zac is a very good person, and he comes from a great family.

He raced Wera a few years back on the AB-1 team aboard an SXV and won stacks of races. He also raced on the Aprilia USA/Lloyd Bros. MOTO-ST team as my teammate at the 8 hrs of Daytona. He is a very fast racer and at 19 years old is already more mature than many men I have known. He is always modest, never cocky.

Zac's dad, Fred, was always helpful at the Moto-st races, making sure tires were proper temp and pressure, and doing anything else needed. He would work his tail off not just for the team his son was on, but for the "A" bike as well.

Zac's younger brother Jake is an up and coming racer, and rode on our Aprilia RS125 endurance team at the last 2 races. He too is modest and polite. Obviously his older brother has been a good influence on him.

The entire AF1 Racing crew has been in pain since hearing of Zac's crash. You would be hard pressed to find a nicer family, and while nobody deserves this kind of heartbreak, this family definitely deserves to have NOT had this sort of thing happen.

Zac and his whole family were working towards a career for Zac. They put in tons of effort and made sacrifices in order to get Zac positioned for his future in the AMA and beyond. Now they must make even bigger sacrifices and work even harder for a glimmer of hope that Zac can just survive.

Please if you happen to have some extra money laying around, even if it is $10 please try to donate it to help Zac's family. Do it in the name of Aprilia or just general kindness.

Here's hoping and praying for Zac's recovery.
    Jon Francis
    AF1 Racing Austin
    Aprilia / Vespa / Piaggio / Moto Guzzi / Zero Electric Motorcycles
    9900 N. Interstate 35
    Austin, TX 78753

Phone: 512-459-3966 (DYNO)
    fax 512-482-8319

www.af1racingaustin.com
    www.af1racing.com www.apriliaforum.com
    info@af1racing.com info@apriliaforum.com

Bad news. He seems like a really nice kid. I hope he pulls through this.
    "Tuono doesn't want to gently take your hand and guide you on a trip, it wants to rip it off and run away with it! I always get the feeling that to ride a Tuono you have to be a real man, prepared to fight it every step of the way, where as on the Triumph you can have an off day and not be left feeling inadequate"
    "Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic"

JOIN ME ONAND FOR SOCAL APRILIA GROUP RIDES & UPDATES FOLLOW ME ON

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Good kid for sure, and Jon and I can still say we even beat him racing a few times....back on YSR50's when he was a wee little lad, guess that does not really count. Seriously guys, if you have anything to help them with they need it and it will be appreciated in a way you can never fully understand unless you are yourself in that position.

Fred, his dad, is also one of the nicest and most helpful people to ever grace a paddock or track, trust me not one dollar will be misappropriated!
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum expert RSVRFACTORY's Avatar
    Is he still in Roanoke, VA or has he been moved to his hometown? Just curious as I am from roanoke. I hope he is doing well.
    Quote Originally Posted by falco03 View Post
    anyone that'd do that to a falco oughtta have their nuts tacked to a stump and then pushed over backwards.

My carbon footprint is about 3% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're green enough

Just sent paypal to FLChapman@Gmail.com..! Best wishes for full & speedy recovery...! God bless..!

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyman View Post
    Just sent paypal to FLChapman@Gmail.com..! Best wishes for full & speedy recovery...! God bless..!
    Thank you. They will very much appreciate it.

So, the fear of death might be described as the fear of not being able to become whom one had planned to be. Pascal Mercier

Having been where he is now I can say with confidence he'll be OK.It will hurt and take time but I believe he'll pull through.Healing from severe head injuries is a curious and peculiar road.Some faster than others.Me?I guess 2-3 years before I was 100%.Honestly can't pin down a time.

Good luck kid.
    "All political power comes from the barrel of either guns,pussy or opium pipes.......and people seem to like it that way."

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

I tried sending to FLChapman@Gmail.com, but PP doesn't think it's a valid address.

Can anyone confirm where to send some money via Paypal?

Bill.
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS, TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER!

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    FLChapman@Gmail.com is what I used yesterday, and it went through

I guess it has to be all in small letters 'flchapman@gmail.com.' then PP works...!

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyman View Post
    I guess it has to be all in small letters 'flchapman@gmail.com.' then PP works...!
    I changed my post to reflect. Thanks!

Apriliaforum.com Administrator Jon / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Guys,

Zac's Dad is currently trying to arrange Medical Transport for his son from Roanoke back to Dallas. If anyone knows people in this field please make yourself known through email, PM or call the shop. We are closed Sat-Sun but we do monitor the email over the weekend.

Thank You,

Jon and everyone at AF1 Racing
    Jon Francis
    AF1 Racing Austin
    Aprilia / Vespa / Piaggio / Moto Guzzi / Zero Electric Motorcycles
    9900 N. Interstate 35
    Austin, TX 78753

Phone: 512-459-3966 (DYNO)
    fax 512-482-8319

www.af1racingaustin.com
    www.af1racing.com www.apriliaforum.com
    info@af1racing.com info@apriliaforum.com