Thread: Who knows how to bleed the back brake of an rs50 new style

apriliaforum newb

Who knows how to bleed the back brake of an rs50 new style

can anyone tell me how you bleed the back brake of the new shape rs50 the underseat exhaust model thanks

callum

apriliaforum expert Prilliant03's Avatar
    Hey Callum. You might be best doing a search for info like this. it's been posted many times. Any of the bike specific forums will have the info you need. The bleed valve is at the highest point of the caliper on the RS50, so that means you wont have to remove the caliper for bleeding. What you'll need as a length of clear pipe to fit over the valve nipple (must be a snug fit), a ring spanner to fit the bleed valve, some clean rags, a clean empty jar and some fresh DOT4 brake fluid from a sealed container. Proceed as follows.

1. Wrap the rear brake fluid reservoir with clean rags to catch any spillage, then remove the reservoir cap and rubber diaphragm.

2. Remove the rubber cap from the rear caliper and place the ring spanner on the hex part of the nipple. then attach one end of the plastic hose.

3. Place the other end of the hose in a clean jar with some cllean fluid in it, just enough to submerge the end of the hose.

4. Use one hand to pump the rear brake pedal a few times, then hold it down while gently releasing the bleed nipple about half a turn. You should see fluid start to flow from the tube. Keep the pedal depressed and re-tighten the bleed nipple. Then release the pedal

5. At all times keep an eye on the fluid level in the reservoir. Don't let it drop too low or you'll suck air into the brake hose. Top it up if needed. If you spill any fluid on the bike clean it off immediately ad brake fluid can damage the finish.

6. Repeat the above steps until clean new fluid and no air bubbles are flowing through the pipe.

7. When you've got clear fluid you can nip up the bleed nipple (not too tight, don't want to snap it) and remove the pipe. replace the rubber cover. Also replace the rubber diapragm and reservoir cover. Make sure all components are spotlessly clean while doing this.

8. Finally give the pedal a few pumps to make sure the system is pressurised. Then you're good to go.
    "Life is like a sewer. You only get out of it what you put in."

Tom Lehrer.

apriliaforum newb
    thank tom just recently ot an rs50 had bought an old style which needed some repairs to it but would of costed to much to fix so i bought a 56 rs50 in white for 1000 pound which i thought was in bargain considerin it had only 2800 miles on it al rite there as a crack on the fairin but i put it to my local garage where for 20 pound he soldered the cracks and resprayed my fairings and it now looks as good as new you would of never noticed the cracks

arrow performance exhaust
    bigger sprockets

does about 65 mph

dont bore kit your bike its a waste of time youl just blow it up my friend has gone throgh 4 bore kits on his spains number 1 and has seised his engine numerous times

il get a picture up soon as soon as i find out how to do it