Thread: Any 400's out there?

apriliaforum Junkie Thunder fighter's Avatar

Any 400's out there?

Hi anyone,

Long time, no post for me, I just got a MP3 400 so that I can use it for commuting instead of running up lots of miles on my Tuono Factory. Looks like the 400's are not too popular in the US, we have very few of any of the MP3's on the road here.

I am already looking at mods and will be putting a Leo Vince pipe and Dr Pully sliders on it to spark up the acceleration a bit.
    //Dennis
    '07 Tuono Factory
    '08 MP3 400ie

Bender: I was God once.
    God: Yes I know, you were doing really well until everyone died.

My wife and I just celebrated our 1 year anniversary in San Francisco. We reserved a scooter for rental. Imagine our surprise when we got to the rental place and saw this brand new MP3 400 sitting in the back. "We want that one." It was such a blast in SFO. Handily went up the toughest hills we could find. The best thing was It stopped traffic everywhere. We were genuinely the life of the party. Lots of storage too. Trunk easily held both helmets and wife's humongous purse.

RZ Rob
    Keep the Rubber Side Down

Bikes

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory - Silver (the fastest color)
    2007 Aprilia SXV 550 - Plated
    1999 Aprilia RS250 - Plated
    2003 Honda CRF150 - Plated (girlfriend's toy)
    2006 Honda CRF450 - Fun Toy
    1970 Honda Z50 - Plated (pretty clean)
    GoPed Sport - Conquered IOM TT in 2000

apriliaforum Junkie Thunder fighter's Avatar
    It certiainly does draw some attention. I was pulled over by the police for the first time in years on the MP3 the first week I had it. He just checked my licence and really stopped me just to have a look at the scooter.

//Dennis.
    //Dennis
    '07 Tuono Factory
    '08 MP3 400ie

Bender: I was God once.
    God: Yes I know, you were doing really well until everyone died.

apriliaforum newb
    I have had my 400 for 2 weeks .. 550 miles. Lot's of fun. Works well on the highway and great on side roads ... on a gusty day with cross-winds I feel a bit nervous going 70mph.

I have yet to see another MP3 on the road.

apriliaforum expert
    Traded my 250 in for a Shiver w/ AF1 back in March. Since then, I haven't seen one around town here for awhile though I have seen a 500 up in Austin during morning commute.

I was up in Dallas (Plano actually) working and saw a guy riding one. He looked like he was on a trip and had a bunch of stuff packed on it. You know the look. Well worn riding suit, that all-weathered look. I wonder were he was coming from and going to.
    Bikes:
    2007.5 Tuono-Black, with 1102cc's of micah's badness!
    2012 Griso-Silver and black, Agostini pipe, some carbon bits.
    2006 Vespa GT200-bitubo suspension all around, Malossi big-bore, head and cam, Akrapovic pipe, all put together by Micah.

gone 2002 Caponord-Oyster gray (as faithful as a hound dog)
    gone Futura-Red (on the AF1 showroom floor. Get some.)

The more I learn about people, the more I appreciate rocks.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Guys... you can thank those from the Vespa forum who put this together of information, mods, performance tweaks of the best ideas.... lots of great info on everything....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3c&hl=en#gid=1

apriliaforum expert
    I got a leftover `09 400 3 months ago. 'Till then I had the only 250 MP3 in town. Still have the 250 for town rides. Got the 400 for long distance rides. Both have a top trunk and the 250 has more room under the seat for groceries, etc. I do most our grocery shopping with the MP3s. Almost every time I stop someone wants to know about them. My nearest dealer is 160 miles away. I do most my own maintenance. People are interested in them 'till they find out their price.

I know a guy using a MP3 400 on this years Scooter Canonball Run.
    Check out the list of participants here: http://www.scootercannonball.com/riders/

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder fighter View Post
    Hi anyone,

Long time, no post for me, I just got a MP3 400 so that I can use it for commuting instead of running up lots of miles on my Tuono Factory. Looks like the 400's are not too popular in the US, we have very few of any of the MP3's on the road here.

I am already looking at mods and will be putting a Leo Vince pipe and Dr Pully sliders on it to spark up the acceleration a bit.
    Bought mine new in '09, have not looked back since. Now have over 50k on it, still having fun!

apriliaforum newb
    Hi just bought a mp3 400 3 weeks ago. Had a problem starting it about 5 days ago. This was a trade in at a yamaha dealer. Luckily i have a 30 day warrenty. Just picked it up.. It started at the dealer but after trucking it home it just starts sometimes. Im really frustrated and the dealer is coming to look at it tommorow. Battery is strong. I hope they send it to a vespa dealer cause I have a feeling its that ecu computer thing. I do love the bike. Are there any mp3 owners living in ct?

apriliaforum expert
    I thought the 400 was just for EU it a restricted Master engine For EU market why would we have here so all troub;le shooting for the 500 shld be same .. My Masters W M&M computer and imobilser Start to a Fault perfectly always Even If I try hard to FUBAR the start procedure I cannot fore I can let go of start button she running period no matter she cold or hot so you turning over strong no crank??? check plug top the wire chk you have spark the red button is set to allow starting .. etc this engine in my situation has been stooped reliable starting for 50K matter fact all else has fallen apart but she starts rt up as described at cold she idles at 1600-1900- a minute then drops to an exact 1300 for ever no matter what .. that's what yers should be doing