Thread: La Moto literbike shootout

La Moto literbike shootout

The Spanish magazine La Moto had their liter bike shootout and once again the RSV4 kicked ass on-track. I initially thought it was Masterbike repackaged but the MV was not included in the test and they were ALL ON THE SAME TIRES, Metzler's new track tire. The RSV4 was a hair over a second faster than the next bike, the RC8R.

The RSV4 didn't fare as well in city and touring duty. Shocker! Also, the bike received a ZERO for passenger accomodations, LOL.

Aprilia was in the #2 slot for peak power (ZX10 #1 again) although some of the inline 4 curves looked a bit better in my book.

You can purchase the magazine online here:
    http://www.zinio.com/browse/publicat...ctId=122745390

Here's a listing of the track times and suspension setup for each bike:
    Michel
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" -Winston Churchill

2004 RSV-R Factory Sold and will be sorely missed.

Banned
    These power curves are very miss leading the in line fours look better but as we know the R1 and Ape punch out of corners far better but have the worst curves!

Good result for Aprilia yet again.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by rx7tt95 View Post
    The Spanish magazine La Moto had their liter bike shootout and once again the RSV4 kicked ass on-track. I initially thought it was Masterbike repackaged but the MV was not included in the test and they were ALL ON THE SAME TIRES, Metzler's new track tire. The RSV4 was a hair over a second faster than the next bike, the RC8R.

The RSV4 didn't fare as well in city and touring duty. Shocker! Also, the bike received a ZERO for passenger accomodations, LOL.

Aprilia was in the #2 slot for peak power (ZX10 #1 again) although some of the inline 4 curves looked a bit better in my book.

You can purchase the magazine online here:
    http://www.zinio.com/browse/publicat...ctId=122745390

Here's a listing of the track times and suspension setup for each bike:
    this comparo has already been brought to everyone attention . in a different thread. but i think the information as far as the location was wrong, so thanks for the correction. good stuff.
    how different are the dyno's they use for these engine comparisons, so far i have seen the rsv4 ranked 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, with pretty much the same bikes. and it has flip flopped with some of them.
    Last edited by taper41; 05-26-2009 at 07:07 AM.

This isn't the same comparison as Masterbike or any other that's been posted so far. I stated so much in the first paragraph of my post. But thanks for playing. Back on the ignore list!
    Michel
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" -Winston Churchill

Banned
    this isn't the same comparison as masterbike or any other that's been posted so far. I stated so much in the first paragraph of my post. But thanks for playing. Back on the ignore list!

apriliaforum Member
    This isn't the same comparison as Masterbike or any other that's been posted so far. I stated so much in the first paragraph of my post. But thanks for playing. Back on the ignore list!
    Come on taper with all this data and information in this test I'm surprised you haven't found something to pick a hole in about the rsv4, the same tyres, the same testers, the same track. I know, maybe the rsv4 had less flies stuck to the screen, therefore it was lighter and thats why it won by over a second ?

You do like it though we know.

I'm beggining to think youre right the rsv twin is a much better bike and much better looking. I think everyone should feck off and get the v twin leaving us few with that old dog of an rsv4 exclusively to ourselves.

Dude, don't be an enabler.
    Michel

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by taper41 View Post
    this comparo has already been brought to everyone attention . in a different thread. but i think the information as far as the location was wrong, so thanks for the correction. good stuff.
    how different are the dyno's they use for these engine comparisons, so far i have seen the rsv4 ranked 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, with pretty much the same bikes. and it has flip flopped with some of them.
    Oi taper, why don't you think of AF1 & the money it cost's to uphold all this bandwidth, you didn't need to quote all that shit again, most people don't need to have it spelt out loud for them. Just a thought, keep on keeping on.
    Riding Is Freedom

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvfourdave View Post
    Come on taper with all this data and information in this test I'm surprised you haven't found something to pick a hole in about the rsv4, the same tyres, the same testers, the same track. I know, maybe the rsv4 had less flies stuck to the screen, therefore it was lighter and thats why it won by over a second ?

You do like it though we know.

I'm beggining to think youre right the rsv twin is a much better bike and much better looking. I think everyone should feck off and get the v twin leaving us few with that old dog of an rsv4 exclusively to ourselves.
    Yeah Taper Feck off

How come they keep use the 1098S cos we all know that the 1098R would win ower the lot as easy as bla bla bla!
    1994 Kawa GPX750 gone!
    1998 Yamaha FZR400RR (racetrack) gone!
    2000 Honda Cbr600F3 (racetrack) gone!
    2001 Yamaha FZR400RR (again) (racetrack) gone!
    2004 Kawa ZX6RR (racetrack) gone!
    2006 Honda VTR1000 SP2 (trackdays ect.) gone!
    2009 Aprilia RSV1000R (fun and leasure)
    2009 Kawasaki ZX7R with a lot of goodies Trackday