Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Any TSS RS500GP owners here?

apriliaforum expert
    Sweet looking engine... attention to detail is top notch...
    two many two strokes.

Damn so so sweet!!!!
    Currently

Honda MBX, Dream 50, Solo 50, NSR, CBR 150
    Moriwaki 80, Derbi GPR50

In works

Honda NSR (SP)
    Honda RVF150R / NR150 custom

Previously

Kawasaki AR80
    Honda RS125

I've got the money sitting in the bank to buy the RS500GP kit. I've got the engine fitting kit, but nothing else yet. I'll be very interested to know how you get on. How long do you think it'll take?

apriliaforum expert
    Sweet...You running race gas?
    two many two strokes.

apriliaforum expert
    Thats intersting. I run 110 ocatane. I notice a very similar thing. While my engine seems very happy to rev well past 10K I stop as I know the revs that high work all the parts hard. I try and keep it under 10K.... been over 11K and still seems to be pulling hard... it revs so quick its easy to blow by redline. I have a limiter set at 12K...
    two many two strokes.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    As promised some pickies of my RS500 project.

Front end is from a RR7 blade with new internals set up for the bike by Maxton.

Radial brakes, Blah blah. Ducati 1098 radial master cylinder.

TSW rear sets.

Lock up clutch etc.

Paintwork has lacquered decals to the point of being "glassed" in and dead smooth.

NOW I NEED TO RIDE IT PLEASE!!!!! (can tell I'm desperate to finish it!)

apriliaforum expert
    Its coming along fast! Not to bust your bubble.... you will need to cut a hole in that nice bodywork to fit that lockup clutch cover! I origanlly was going to do that but Was not sure I wanted that look... I went with a stock banshee side cover with oil injection hole(all the new covers have the oil pump hole) and a sling shot brand lockup clutch. I drilled a hole in the center of the clutch cover and made a gasket out of fuel hose to seal the hole. makes cutch adjustments easier. You will need to grind down the casting marks inside the clutch cover for the slingshot lockup to fit and work properly. Kinda a pain but seem like it all fits good so far. Very very sleeper look. If you cut the body, send some picks as im not to late to change mine LOL... those front rotors are massive.....looks like your gonna have to remove the rotor before removing the caliper...Welcome to the club
    two many two strokes.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1bird View Post
    Its coming along fast! Not to bust your bubble.... you will need to cut a hole in that nice bodywork to fit that lockup clutch cover! I origanlly was going to do that but Was not sure I wanted that look... I went with a stock banshee side cover with oil injection hole(all the new covers have the oil pump hole) and a sling shot brand lockup clutch. I drilled a hole in the center of the clutch cover and made a gasket out of fuel hose to seal the hole. makes cutch adjustments easier. You will need to grind down the casting marks inside the clutch cover for the slingshot lockup to fit and work properly. Kinda a pain but seem like it all fits good so far. Very very sleeper look. If you cut the body, send some picks as im not to late to change mine LOL... those front rotors are massive.....looks like your gonna have to remove the rotor before removing the caliper...Welcome to the club

So many options and decisions with this project. The front end was a case of "it fitted straight in" and had huge brakes as standard. Just had some collars made up for the front wheel spindle to make it fit. May not be perfect set up but will be a lot better than standard.
    The clutch assembly, I had an idea i might have to do some chopping and at first liked the idea, but it's all a bit 'permenant' if you know what i mean.
    Always loved my bikes but generally, been one to buy and ride, rather than titavate or modify. Gone the other way with this one and still soooo much to do.
    I have just bought another RS250 for project No2 so everything i don't like on this one first one i will change. Live and learn.
    Going to do the next one as light as possible. Carbon everything, even wheels.
    Might do a 535 kit with TSS crank or something along those lines.
    Loved all the bikes I've been lucky enough to own and for all different reasons, but have got the 'two stroke bug' bad at the moment.

apriliaforum expert
    Im not picking on your front end...I love it... I like the massive rotor look...Did the same on mine I was just tying to give you a few thinking points....Great project for sure! Keep it moving...stay away from the stock one as it will eat up your time LOL.
    two many two strokes.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Ha ha didn't think you were digging at all. none taken!

sold my rs engine as part of the front end deal with a guy.
    Just hope it goes as well as it stops!!!............. eventually!!
    Last edited by cantcornerbim; 09-18-2010 at 03:30 PM.

apriliaforum expert
    Oh, it will.....you can count on that... Ive been holding off on paint but im gonna do it now...cant wait any longer looking at my bike all apart...time to make some progress
    two many two strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by cantcornerbim View Post
    Just hope it goes as well as it stops!!!............. eventually!!
    Oh she will stop, I have 320mm discs with the same Tokico calipers and a Brembo master cyl. the stopping power on such a light bike is amazing. A friend of mine has a KTM 990 supermoto with Brembo monoblocks, He has owned shit loads of bikes and also has a Ducati 996sps in his garage aswell, so I asked him to ride my bike to give me a second opinion on my suspension mods. We went for a quick 20 mile scratch through some twisty roads, I rode the 990 out and my bike back. Steve said when we got back that after getting off my bike he thought there was something wrong with the brakes on the KTM.

I just wish I had the money to go down the TSS route, to give her some more mumbo...
    I've got a fever and the only prescription is, "More cow bell"

Warming the world 2 strokes at a time.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Aw Dan. thanks for your complements.
    If i will the lottery i will buy you a TSS500 engine!!
    Maxton internals give huge scope for adjustment and should work really well.
    They are also building me a rear shock to suit
    The first time i rode the 1098 i was just amazed at the brakes and just had to have something similar on my stroker.
    this is my first venture at anything like this and want to put my all into it.
    Sold my Aprilia Futura, K3 gsxr 1000 and some bits i had to fund this project and intend to get it as good as i can.

EBC HH pads made a huge difference, the original Suzuki ones sucked ass... I'm sure you will love the finished project. Looks amazing so far...
    I've got a fever and the only prescription is, "More cow bell"

Warming the world 2 strokes at a time.

Vesrah RJL or SRJL are absolutely kick ass brake pads. I like a strong initial bite and these pads deliver.
    WERA Expert #2
    CCS Expert #21

NEXX helmets, Motul, Bridgestone, Fast From The Past, Woodcraft, Foothills Motorsports, Cycle Gear, Integrity Tool

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast