Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cant get kick start gear to engage with crank

apriliaforum newb
    yeh everything is there except number 11, there is no more space for it on the splines anyway if it was meant to go in. This was a brand new crank I put in at the time, is it possible the crank is too short.....?

How do I know the crank isn't off..... checking at the inlet of the carb manifold it appears fine....

apriliaforum newb
    The crank on that side from the bush at the bearing side to the end of the splines is 65mm. How can I be sure the length of the crank on this side is correct.

apriliaforum expert
    how are you?
    i got this one... number 11 is the restrictor that everyone removes.

-

concerning the length -it is not needing to be spaced differently. it is easy to check the length like you are asking. - assemble the parts then check the gap from the crank SHAFT END to the bolt/ outer washer. it just needs to a gap of 3mm or something.... it will make more sense when you see that gap so it can be tightened/sandwiched together.

---
    ?
    --- diploma for engine repair in 2012 ---

derbi bullet 2006 - piaggio AC - malossi T.C. half - custom GPS dash - TPR 70CC - topperf crank - vl13 reed and spacer- yamaha rt180 kickstand - giannelli shotV4 - phbg 21mm - doppler mesh top venturi filter

complete wtp volta bmx 2012 - sanko seamless japanese cromoly heat treated and blue printed frame - 21lbs

1992 lt250r suzuki quadracer - maier plastics -chromed shearer pipe - chromed works suspension - ++++++++ - 220lbs

previous vehicles - subaru legacy turbo 1991 - mazda mx6 turbo 1990.

apriliaforum newb
    Yeh, there is enough on the end of the shaft for the splined castle washer to sit on the end of the shaft, I cant space it any more.

Still not getting anywhere with this, im wondering if its on the cover side, would the spring stop the interlocking disc from 'throwing out' so much, thinking am I needing a new spring....?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12