Thread: Anti-Vibration Mirror Mounts

apriliaforum Member maninthejar's Avatar

Anti-Vibration Mirror Mounts

My pattern mirrors blur badly at certain revs despite the handlebars being rubber mounted. I've found mirror vibration dampers designed for a KLR650 in the US which should fit. Has anyone come across something like this from a UK supplier?

KLR650 Mirror Vibration Isolators from Studebaker

apriliaforum expert
    My mirrors don't vibrate really. Does the bike seem like it vibrates a lot? Maybe the problem is the motor not the mirrors?

The bike didn't vibrate badly at all before I stripped it and when I reassemble it I will be making sure all the engine mounts are nice and tight. The problem is that the pattern mirrors suffer from high frequncy vibration at certain revs which is casusing bllurring, this is more likely to be due to their design than a fault in the bike. The KLR650 has a huge problem with its mirrors blurring probably for similar reasons and owners often replace them with other mirrors or fit dampers to cure the problem.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Can't say as my standard mirrors vibrate badly at any revs, infact I'm pretty happy with them even after I've taken the handlebar end weights off - which I have.

Can't quite work out if you've actually done work on the motor, or are just about to???

apriliaforum expert
    What did you strip down? - engine or frame/bike?

Have you touched the handlebar rubber mounts? Maybe check they are OK.

The bike was running fine and had only done around 26000Km but the frame and wheels had seen better days as far as finish was concerned. I've stripped the bike to tidy it up and also to give the chassis and engine a good service. The frame, subframes, wheel rims/hubs etc are all at the powdercoaters just now and I'm tidying up and servicing the engine.

The rubber mounts in the top yoke are fine and I have steel bars with original weights, I don't get significant vibration through the handlebars it just seems that the mirrors which have fairly long stems are very sensitive to any low level vibes.

apriliaforum expert
    Dont know then maybe try the KLR ones